Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

We have just posted some more Rory McIlroy PGA Tour screenshots. The game ships in June. For more information about the game, check out our game page.

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 alexgators1 @ 04/08/15 05:21 PM
Definitely going to pick this up if it has enough content to warrant the $60 price tag.

# 2 jbd345 @ 04/08/15 05:25 PM
Golf is different than the NHL NBA and NFL. One deal doesn't secure every venue I believe. Each course has its own contract, Augusta could've simply said no.

# 3 ImTellinTim @ 04/08/15 05:37 PM
Yeah, Augusta is picky as hell. It could be pretty much anything. They didn't like the way the course looked in game after they converted it to next gen. They didn't want to have Augusta in a game that is named after someone who has never won there. Who knows.

TW14 is still a great game when you get the right settings. I'll be judging this game on gameplay, not the fact that one course isn't in the game. We should consider ourselves lucky that we got Augusta in the best EA golf game to date, to be honest.

# 4 TreyIM2 @ 04/08/15 10:41 PM
Simply stunning

# 5 godylla @ 04/08/15 11:19 PM
I really want to see a screenshot of a tournament with the crowds and all.

# 6 Lukin4 @ 04/09/15 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
I get why people want it, but it's not like it has been a mainstay of golf games in the past. It's also not like there is another option out there.

If it's as good as the last several editions, I'm definitely buying. I'll have it on EA Access before spending my money, so I'm not really sweating it. I'm really looking forward to it.
TGC has a pretty decent version of Augusta available already...

# 7 DivotMaker @ 04/09/15 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
I really want to see a screenshot of a tournament with the crowds and all.
I want to see actual gameplay showing the crowds actually walking between holes and other players on the course....

# 8 jbd345 @ 04/09/15 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I want to see actual gameplay showing the crowds actually walking between holes and other players on the course....
Can't wait to see this myself. There was a short clip in the frostbite clip showing spectators walking. I'm not holding my breath for other players on the course though.

# 9 H to the Oza @ 04/09/15 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukin4
TGC has a pretty decent version of Augusta available already...
What is it called? I searched Augusta, picked the most promising one but it was a garbage course

# 10 kehlis @ 04/09/15 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H to the Oza
What is it called? I searched Augusta, picked the most promising one but it was a garbage course
Magnolia National

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ters-week.html

# 11 brandon27 @ 04/09/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
This game without Augusta is equivalent to a Nascar game without Daytona. Pass.
That's a pretty ridiculous statement given the fact that the series has been around for what... 12 years at least? and Augusta has only been in it the last 3 or so.

I get that it sucks that it's not in it, but lets not act like it's some key piece of the game and that without it the game is worthless. Then, like some go worship another game that has no real courses whatsoever.

Daytona is required to play a NASCAR title because it's part of the season. So is Augusta, I get that, but there's numerous other courses that aren't in the game that the PGA tour stops at.

Again, I get that Augusta is a big deal, and it sucks to me too that it's not going to be there, but lets not get carried away here.

What's important to me with this title is all of the modes and features being there. You can't help it if Augusta declined to license again this year (if that's what happened) or if EA just couldn't work out a deal to get it done. Licensing is tricky. It is what it is at this point.

Either way you want to look at it, this is an EA access try before I buy title to me. I have TGC. I'm ok with it. I can get by with it. I'd prefer this title based on it's visuals alone, but it's going to have to play a good round of golf too, not just impress my eyes. Augusta isn't going to make or break it for me, just like it didn't in the past when it wasn't available.

# 12 brandon27 @ 04/09/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Cool. Thanks. I'm going to have to check this out when I get home.

# 13 Chairman7w @ 04/09/15 02:12 PM
Man, these screenshots DO look amazing, but... I think they're transition shots. Like, when you finish a hole and it goes to a little cut scene before the next hole.

It's certainly interesting they haven't shown any actual "in play" screens.

I hope I'm wrong, and that the actual game looks this good. That would be awesome.

# 14 jpollack34 @ 04/09/15 03:32 PM
It's all about user generated content for me. The Golf Club fills that void beautifully.

# 15 Ronoko @ 04/09/15 03:40 PM
There are a lot of great golf courses, I'm not sure why the same one has to be in the game every time.

Obviously, user generated courses opens up a limitless world of courses, but otherwise, the developers are only going to have the time and resources to model a modest number of courses for a game. I'd rather them rotate in some different ones with each release.

# 16 Mrmagoo @ 04/09/15 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I had no idea Augusta wasn't in until recently. I always thought the game followed the tour closely. For example, we can start playing the Masters, then go to the next big event, and the one after, and so on.

Apologies for speaking out about something I don't know that much about. I am surprised Augusta wasn't always in, seeing how this is their big weekend with The Masters.
Yea, it's why I don't buy any ea golf game, it doesn't follow any tour!!

# 17 Ronoko @ 04/09/15 11:48 PM
They are never going to be able to have every golf course they play on the pga tour, so you may be waiting a long time.

# 18 jpollack34 @ 04/10/15 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
That's funny, you certainly could have every golf course played on the PGA Tour (and champions tour, web.com tour, Euro tour, women's tour etc.) in The Golf Club, all because allowing & encouraging user generated content.
Exactly. It's almost as if big AAA developers and publishers want to close their eyes to this phenomenon and pretend it's not happening, particularly in the sports genre. This is the direction of gaming: More control to the users. It cannot and will not be stopped. It's a trend that is pervading and disrupting all aspects in our economy. They still want to hang on to the old (dying) model of high-cost barriers to entry via licensing etc. You see it with a lot of AAA publishers actually taking away editing options.

It's not going to work.

Victor Hugo — 'Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.'

# 19 jpollack34 @ 04/10/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
But I don't want an ugly, soulless golf game. That goes double for user created courses of real courses.

I'm glad folks found a golf game they like. I don't know why they feel the need to post about them in threads for other games.
That's funny. Personally, I've always found the big AAA licensed products to be far more soulless and lacking any sort of charm. Whereas games that foster user content and sharing have a thriving community and social aspect to them. They are filled with soul and charm.

# 20 kehlis @ 04/10/15 05:10 PM
Guys,

This is a thread about EA's game. Leave the Golf Club talk out of it.

It's not a comparison thread and frankly you're just trolling at this point as it was brought up with the intention of showering it as the superior product.

There are many threads you can discuss TGC in.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.