Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden NFL 16 has officially arrived today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 booker21 @ 08/25/15 10:54 AM
Bad first impressions. Maybe it was a bad game, i only played one game before going to bed.

1.- I Sack the QB 5 times
2.- QB threw 4 interceptions
3.- CPU Rushing was only 1.7 avg (Adrian Peterson)

I need to play more game, but this is very alarming, my first game, bad first impression.

The good
Human offense and CPU Defense was perfect.

Note: I played no switch rule and i control the CB, so the sacks, interceptions are Rush defense was all mainly without any interaction from the user.

# 22 roadman @ 08/25/15 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
His point is accurate last year. And I am sure he is stating what he saw and I 100% believe him. But I do see that it works fine in some instances.

I play on All Madden as always...Anything else would be uncivilized.
Yeah, it did happen and I know yours happened too.

I'd call it inconsistent and needs to be looked at.

# 23 NolaTexan @ 08/25/15 11:03 AM
It seems like I'm in the minority here. But I'm not happy with this. I feel it's the same game I've played since PS4 release. I don't like the player models, there is absolutely NO immersion in CFM and the commentary is once again bland. I like to feel the game so presentation and immersion are everything to me. I don't want to compare it to NBA 2K, but that game fully engulfs you in its franchise mode and my player mode. This just feels like 16 "play now"games... rant over.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

# 24 NolaTexan @ 08/25/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
I agree with you on this
I buy madden every year. So I not just bitching for the hell of it. I just expected more that's all

# 25 NYJin2011tm @ 08/25/15 11:16 AM
Man I really need to relearn how to play offense. I keep hitting triangle(out of habit) as the ball reaches receiver even when I don't mean to aggressive catch.

# 26 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/25/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaTexan
It seems like I'm in the minority here. But I'm not happy with this. I feel it's the same game I've played since PS4 release. I don't like the player models, there is absolutely NO immersion in CFM and the commentary is once again bland. I like to feel the game so presentation and immersion are everything to me. I don't want to compare it to NBA 2K, but that game fully engulfs you in its franchise mode and my player mode. This just feels like 16 "play now"games... rant over.

Gameplay wise the improvements are clearly there, but I do agree with what you're saying about CFM. Madden still falls way behind other AAA sports titles when it comes to immersion & presentation especially in Franchise mode. EA definitely has to step it up in this area.

# 27 kpeercy @ 08/25/15 11:29 AM
Just played my first game on default All Pro. Dallas (me) beat the Redskins (CPU) 22-15. The game was good overall, but I do get the feeling that if I'd stayed back in the shotgun and ran the ball, I could've churned out first down after first down. There were only two penalties, both on the CPU. One of those was an extremely obvious Pass Interference. The CPU had a little trouble running the ball, although their stats looked fine thanks to a few RGIII scrambles on passes.

# 28 jb12780 @ 08/25/15 11:35 AM
Quote:
People should start with All Madden and tweak from there. All Pro has never been realistic in terms of giving the user a challenge. I am OK with the CPU having a bit of a crutch as no chance it can match a human skill.

I started default sliders on All Madden and did not score a td for the first 2 games. I started to tweak and now games are tight in defensive battles and tough run game.
All Pro definitely gives a challenge this year.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 29 snc237 @ 08/25/15 11:53 AM
This is the first madden game where I can say it's as good as the mid 2000 maddens. running is great with RB getting out of gang tackles occasionally in a very realistic fashion. Passing is great, with targets getting missed unless you are super elite. Defence is tighter and more intelegent. And the catching game is the best it's ever been ( feels a bit scripted but it's better then anything we have got in the last 10 years). This year game is absolutely great. 8.5/10. Next year should be an improvement on what's here and then really getting into the small details, can't wait.

# 30 l8knight1 @ 08/25/15 11:55 AM
I'll also join the minority here as my first impressions (keyword:first) of the game are disappointment. I did some practicing, tooled around in as many modes as I could last night and played about a half a game on All Pro, default slider. I realize there is much more I need to do in terms of tweaking and spending more time with the game.

While I do like the feel/challenge of passing vs M15, my QB, Romo, feels like his feet are in cement in the pocket. I can barely move around effectively while getting a feel for the game unless in a complete scramble. Running, catching, and tackling feels like a computer/animation driven mess that has taken control away from me, as opposed to M15. The first run (literally) I saw was KC's back running into the pile and back flipping to the ground erratically. While I can appreciate the efforts on the face graphics in the game, the immersion of tackling has been watered down with the less effective hit stick, and the players faces no longer even wince when they are hit like before. The whole thing just feels less fluid and more robotic.

Presentation-wise, I like the new camera options, but the zooming has become more intrusive during play, and the new replay cameras are hit and miss at best. EA has also taken legendary coaches (Lombardi, Landry, Ditka, Gibbs, Vermeil, etc.) out of CFM, and I don't see any legendary players to use in CFM. To be fair, I didn't use legendary players in 15 for CFM, but I absolutely used coaches. Not sure if you need some form of MUT cards to use either of these in CFM.

My first impressions are very similar to other iterations where you hope they just add those one or two killer things, in this case improved passing and gang tackling, without messing with or removing other stuff from the previous version. Not the case here, imo.

To be fair, it's time for me to play hours more in hopes that I'm wrong or I can tweak wherever possible, and to see the game more wholly.

# 31 SeaTownGamer @ 08/25/15 12:03 PM
Is it just me but I think the soundtrack is actually good.

# 32 ryan36 @ 08/25/15 12:20 PM
Guys,impressions only, no arguments with each other. This thread should be a running block of impressions not q&a / discussions

# 33 Shadymamba @ 08/25/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
The game is sick! 9/10. Best Madden i've played so far. The team did a great job.

There are minor issues, but overall they made the game great again. Haven't had this much fun since 05.
really? is that true since 2005, because that is a long time - i have heard the madden horror stories on next gen, but you sound like they have turned the corner in a major way - I hope so.

# 34 jb12780 @ 08/25/15 12:40 PM
The on field action in this game is simply amazing. On default all pro I struggled making simple throws with Eli Manning.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 35 SolidSquid @ 08/25/15 12:50 PM
0 and 6 so far in my Bucs cfm having fun losing though. Played Mariota, Brees, Hoyer, Bortles, and RG3 and they've all played exactly the same. It's really hard to stop the cpu passing game bc it seems like instead of breaking on pAsses my guys just wait for catches before they react

# 36 therizing02 @ 08/25/15 12:57 PM
After logging 10 hours with the EA Access version, I stepped up and bought the game today without hesitation.

The thing that sticks with me the most after 10 games is that I can really tell the difference between elite teams and elite players. I played different games with a lot of different teams and not one game played out like the other.

You really need to focus on D to stop Brady. Pittsburgh D is terrible, Seattle's D is as advertised. The Dallas OLine is legit. Elite WRs are elite and everyone else is...everyone else. Playing QB with Manziel is fun because he is mobile and has a high short pass accuracy, but he is awful if he has to throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field.

I sacked Luck with KC 4 times within the first few drives and never came close to Brady with Pittsburgh's D. You can get pressure with 4DL if you can effectively USER cover the underneath routes. The throw on the run animations are just sick! Especially when they take off to avoid a sack and the pass falls 10 yards short of the intended WR. I've had games with 2 penalties and games with 8 penalties.

I played all of my games on AP default, 6 minutes, with the accelerated clock off. For anyone racing to get their slider sets out....pump the brakes, play at least five games, and work from there. This is a new game and how would anyone ever know how dynamic the gameplay is if changes to sliders are made after one game? I read a post earlier where someone said something like "AP is traditionally too easy." Well yeah, but this is a new game. Drop the preconceived notions of past titles and give the game a fair shot to prove how dynamic it is. This one is different, it's refreshing, and it's the first one I've played that actually feels like a real upgrade from the previous year.

Rex and his team deserve all the props! Well done!

# 37 azdawgpound @ 08/25/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
After logging 10 hours with the EA Access version, I stepped up and bought the game today without hesitation.

The thing that sticks with me the most after 10 games is that I can really tell the difference between elite teams and elite players. I played different games with a lot of different teams and not one game played out like the other.

You really need to focus on D to stop Brady. Pittsburgh D is terrible, Seattle's D is as advertised. The Dallas OLine is legit. Elite WRs are elite and everyone else is...everyone else. Playing QB with Manziel is fun because he is mobile and has a high short pass accuracy, but he is awful if he has to throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field.

I sacked Luck with KC 4 times within the first few drives and never came close to Brady with Pittsburgh's D. You can get pressure with 4DL if you can effectively USER cover the underneath routes. The throw on the run animations are just sick! Especially when they take off to avoid a sack and the pass falls 10 yards short of the intended WR. I've had games with 2 penalties and games with 8 penalties.

I played all of my games on AP default, 6 minutes, with the accelerated clock off. For anyone racing to get their slider sets out....pump the brakes, play at least five games, and work from there. This is a new game and how would anyone ever know how dynamic the gameplay is if changes to sliders are made after one game? I read a post earlier where someone said something like "AP is traditionally too easy." Well yeah, but this is a new game. Drop the preconceived notions of past titles and give the game a fair shot to prove how dynamic it is. This one is different, it's refreshing, and it's the first one I've played that actually feels like a real upgrade from the previous year.

Rex and his team deserve all the props! Well done!
I agree I played 2 games so far one against bucs which was a blow out I won 51-21... They got 5 sacks 3 ints i had 4 sacks 1 int.

Just played the cowboys and this was a crazy nail biting game I won 42-38 on last sec td pass with 2 secs left.

The cowboys just took lead 38-35 on a 68 yard td pass I answered back with 80 yard td funny thing is I was once down 21-7 but thanks to 2 fumbles and int I tied it 21 all at half.

Cowboys defense didn't get anywhere near mccown 0 sacks one int
I got 3 fumbles 1 int.

I play on all-pro default sliders 12 minute quarters gotmy 1st DPI in this game I jumped off my couch lol.

# 38 vrtkolman @ 08/25/15 01:28 PM
I like it a lot. Default All-Pro is challenging, it might even be overpowered toward the CPU which is great. If sliders work then I can probably skip All-Madden cheese altogether.

The immersion factor still hasn't been improved which is disappointing. Especially because the intro "Superbowl 50" gameplay was actually done very well. I wish they could have used that format for important franchise games like primetime and playoff games.

# 39 ultralow36 @ 08/25/15 01:35 PM
Color me suprised this madden id hot ....if you dont nitpick it to death you will enjoy it alot...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 40 SeaTownGamer @ 08/25/15 01:35 PM
I buy madden every year since Madden 99 and this is the most fun I've had in Madden since Madden 05. My opinions of the game might change in a month but as of right now I wanna say kudos to EA and Tiburon and trust me when I say I rarely applaud them and been real hard on them but this year I have to give them props.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.