Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

IGN has posted some new WWE 2K16 screenshots, Dude Love's ring entrance and 22 more confirmed wrestlers for the roster, which features over 120 unique models.

Below is a list of 100 confirmed wrestlers on the roster, more will be announced by IGN every Monday until release on October 27.
  • Billy Gunn
  • Bret "The Hitman" Hart
  • The British Bulldog
  • Cactus Jack
  • Christian
  • Damien Sandow
  • D'Lo Brown
  • Dude Love
  • Farooq
  • Haku
  • The Honky Tonk Man
  • Jake "The Snake" Roberts
  • Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
  • Kama Mustafa
  • Ken Shamrock
  • Mankind
  • Paul Wight
  • Rikishi
  • Shane McMahon
  • Shawn Michaels
  • Vader
  • Vince McMahon
  • X-Pac
Previously revealed:
  • Aiden English
  • Andre the Giant
  • Batista
  • Chris Jericho
  • Curtis Axel
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Edge
  • Erick Rowan
  • Fandango
  • John "Bradshaw" Layfield
  • Luke Harper
  • Randy "Macho Man" Savage
  • Natalya
  • Ravishing Rick Rude
  • R-Truth
  • Ryback
  • Santino Marella
  • Sergeant Slaughter
  • Simon Gotch
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • The Rock
  • The Undertaker
  • Alicia Fox
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • The Big Show
  • Cameron
  • Cesaro
  • Darren Young
  • Diamond Dallas Page
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Finlay
  • Kevin Nash
  • Layla
  • Lex Luger
  • The Miz
  • Naomi
  • Randy Orton
  • Sheamus
  • Titus O'neal
  • Tyson Kidd
  • Adam Rose
  • Bo Dallas
  • Brie Bella
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Goldust
  • Heath Slater
  • Hideo Itami
  • Jack Swagger
  • Kevin Owens
  • Adrian Neville
  • Nikki Bella
  • Ric Flair
  • Sami Zayn
  • Roman Reigns
  • Stardust
  • Sting
  • Tyler Breeze
  • The Ultimate Warrior
  • Zack Ryder
  • Booker T
  • Colonel Mustafa
  • Emma
  • Eva Marie
  • General Adnan
  • Kalisto
  • Kane
  • Lord Steven Regal
  • Sin Cara
  • Summer Rae
  • Tamina
  • Triple H
  • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
  • Seth Rollins
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Bad News Barrett
  • Paige
  • Finn Bálor

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 georgiafan @ 09/07/15 11:50 PM
I wouldn't put the ascension in as automatic as I don't think they have been in a game before.

# 82 wiscowilz @ 09/07/15 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Anybody know who this guy is? Smacktalks retweeted this from him. Wonder what he's seen to make this statement and if it's even legit?

https://twitter.com/thechrisdenker/s...99564875022337

Not sure but if it's the same guy I saw someone talk about either on here or facebook it would seem that he has been pretty accurate with what he has said

# 83 bigdipper88 @ 09/08/15 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I wouldn't put the ascension in as automatic as I don't think they have been in a game before.
They were dlc in WWE 2k15

# 84 jvalverde88 @ 09/08/15 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
I'm gonna seriously be pissed off if they don't put Sid in the game AGAIN!!!

# 85 King_B_Mack @ 09/08/15 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Eh, I would call NXT the WWE's Euro league when it comes to talent. Calling it D League is kind of a insult to the roster so to speak. Personally as long as they have the main NXT guys/gals I'll be fine with the roster.

But personally I would rather have someone from NXT than a mid carder from the Attitude Era for a better WWE Universe experience.
Not really meant to be an insult, but let's be real about this. NXT is WWE's developmental promotion/brand. There's nothing insulting about that fact. You're there as a learning/proving ground to get to WWE. At the end of the day, that's what the NBDL is, it's the NBA's developmental league, it says that in the title.

I know we all know NXT is great, but I think we as internet wrestling fans are taking it a little too far at this point.

# 86 jvalverde88 @ 09/08/15 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Not really meant to be an insult, but let's be real about this. NXT is WWE's developmental promotion/brand. There's nothing insulting about that fact. You're there as a learning/proving ground to get to WWE. At the end of the day, that's what the NBDL is, it's the NBA's developmental league, it says that in the title.

I know we all know NXT is great, but I think we as internet wrestling fans are taking it a little too far at this point.
Don't get more me wrong its still WWE's developmental promotion but you got to remember some of these talents wrestled in promotions like NJPW/CMLL/AAA. And the way NXT is being presented is on par with promotions like ROH or TNA.

When I think D League I think scrubs battling for bench spots in the NBA. WhenI think of Euro League I think of players with potential that good enough to get some playing time. That is I way compare NXT to the latter.

# 87 BDKiiing @ 09/08/15 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Don't get more me wrong its still WWE's developmental promotion but you got to remember some of these talents wrestled in promotions like NJPW/CMLL/AAA. And the way NXT is being presented is on par with promotions like ROH or TNA.

When I think D League I think scrubs battling for bench spots in the NBA. WhenI think of Euro League I think of players with potential that good enough to get some playing time. That is I way compare NXT to the latter.

Couldn't agree more. NXT over the last year or so is about the 3rd best promotion, if you will, in the world. It's far from this scrub developmental territory that King's saying it is. It's not OVW, it's not FCW, it's being treated as its own brand. And casual fans these days definitely know about nxt. Balor, Zayn, the ladies, are really over. It's far from the DLeague. Hell the way NXT has shown up the main roster ppvs when they've been matched up, they're looking a hell of a lot better than you're giving them credit for.

Plus the way nxt is hitting the road now, the comparison couldn't be further off.

# 88 RayRay34 @ 09/08/15 12:55 AM
So since im a legends guy here are my logical picks for what legends will be announced based on Austin's career being the focal point of the showcase mode. These are guys that i can easily see 2K getting the rights to since they have either been in a game or are with the wwe.

So to finish off Austin's time in WCW we will see Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Pillman, and Dustin Rhodes.... wishing for Barry Windham and Bobby Eaton but probably not.

ECW there are only 3... sandman, whipwreck and Shane douglas. Sandman might be the only one we see.

Early WWE... Million Dollar Man, easy one. Maybe Vega. Would really like to see Owen Hart here to finish off the hart foundation.

Road dogg since billy gunn is in the game. I personally think the Dudleys will be there and i wish Kurt Angel is in the game or thats a big part of Austins pre retirement career missing.

Anyway thats my predictions/wishlist for remaining legends. I also think Sid, Scott Hall, Mr. Perfect and Hacksaw make the game. Hacksaw is also part of Austins late WCW career.

# 89 Trent Booty @ 09/08/15 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
They were in last year, and I'm pretty sure (about 90% sure) that if they were in last years game in any way (except Hogan), they'll be in this game. They probably are gonna reuse certain models for a lot of the wrestlers.

# 90 Trent Booty @ 09/08/15 02:51 AM
With there being 100 confirmed so far (says Steves OP, and numerous youtubers I sub to), I wouldn't even mind if it was exactly 20 more to go, which I don't expect it to be. I expect it to be 25-ish more, with most being NXT guys.

This roster is gonna be arguably the GOAT so nonetheless, it's gonna be awesome.

Even if they miss someone big (like Dudleys, or Joe, or Crews), there's guys who create amazing caws and won't be wastin time making tons of current main roster guys like Heath Slater and Zack Ryder because those guys are now in.

With 100 caw slots, I wouldn't care if they left out those guys, because it's not like I'm gonna have to make decisions on whether to have Heath Slater or Baron Corbin for my last CAW slot.

This game will be amazing.

# 91 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/08/15 03:16 AM
I get it nXT has become more of a third show over this year

# 92 Junior Moe @ 09/08/15 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawalker03
Yep all this was worth it to play as D'lo Brown lol I was excited about this more than anything else lol
Yep. I don't know why but when I saw D-Lo Brown I got excited. Wasn't even a big fan of him, really. Dude Love's theme and entrance brought a smile to my face, too. It's just that back then, to me, the mid and lower card wrestlers were more exciting and had personality. The entire roster, top to bottom, just seemed deeper and more impressive to me. Love the old arena's, too. I'm sure nostalgia also plays a part. I totally get why guys want 2K to focus more on the "now". They're wrestling fans and they want the game to replicate the roster they see right now, not 20 years ago. It's all a matter of preference. I want to mix the old with the new; not relive past matches. I want to have a Bret Hart/Randy Orton feud, or have Brock lock horns with "The Total Package" Lex Luger in Universe mode all on this new, more powerful hardware. I can only imagine the new rivalries that will develop. I know the Hulkster made his bed, but man would he have made this thing GOAT. I've been away for a while (since WWE12, I think, whichever one had Punk on the cover). I think it's gonna be fun year.

# 93 Junior Moe @ 09/08/15 04:39 AM
I have a question for some of you guys. Can I create WCW as a show with its own roster and titles and PPV's and not have the superstars from WCW appear on RAW and vice versa? Down the line I may have stars leave from one to go to the other but is this possible out of the box?

# 94 jvalverde88 @ 09/08/15 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I have a question for some of you guys. Can I create WCW as a show with its own roster and titles and PPV's and not have the superstars from WCW appear on RAW and vice versa? Down the line I may have stars leave from one to go to the other but is this possible out of the box?
Yes

# 95 Pezell04x @ 09/08/15 08:42 AM
Enzo, Cass and Carmella. Come on 2K!

# 96 navjot8427272975 @ 09/08/15 09:45 AM
No weapons physics improvement

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

# 97 navjot8427272975 @ 09/08/15 09:46 AM
Two terminator two big show two mick foley and they promise no repeated character

# 98 Mercury112491 @ 09/08/15 10:51 AM
No they didn't promise that. They said alternate attires won't take up more than one spot. But different characters would.

# 99 wiscowilz @ 09/08/15 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navjot8427272975
Two terminator two big show two mick foley and they promise no repeated character

Actually they said you would not end up with multiple slots of the same character (like 3-4 Sheamus's or 2 of each Uso like last year who never changed characters/gimmicks)

They did say that different gimmicks (Paul Wight/Big Show, Dude Love/Mankind/Cactus Jack) WOULD be different slots which I'm fine with. It was the multiple slots of the same exact guy with the same exact gimmick (John Cene for example) that drove me crazy. This makes sense as well if you think about it because they need different entrances and different music which might not be possible on the same character slot.

# 100 Cubfan @ 09/09/15 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Too many legends announced this time and not enough NXT guys for my liking. If they are going for accurate like they stated they need to get more NXT guys announced. We've seen the shirts of a lot of them let's make them official already.
I'm putting odds pretty high most of the NXT roster will end part of the season pass.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.