Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer Justin Patel, AKA HANDSWARD_EA, has just posted an update on the upcoming patch, scheduled to be released later this month. No specifics were revealed, but if all goes according to plan, we should see the patch on Tuesday, September 22.

Quote:
I will say that East Lake looks awesome and is a great course to play. Glad that we can add the home of The TOUR Championship to the game to have a proper finale for the season. There is also a generic tournament for East Lake and a new generic tournament for Scottsdale added to the career schedule. This gets the season schedule up to 19 events. I have also made a lot of gameplay improvements in regards to course specific physics and shot shaping that make the game play so much better. I can't wait for you all to get your hands on these changes.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 goillini03 @ 09/08/15 03:09 PM
Lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 2 rust24 @ 09/08/15 04:08 PM
Please, please, please get rid off the horrid putting celebrations.....PLEASE.

# 3 jimnehls @ 09/08/15 04:32 PM
Still the worst game to come out ever!!!! not worth the time

# 4 Flightwhite24 @ 09/08/15 06:02 PM
I wish I could get excited but I think I'm losing interest. The game is cool and it has its moments but it's just not enough there. Add on the secrecy about upcoming add-ons and it's just not enough for me.

I will continue to play because I have it on Digital but I can't deny that I'm so disappointed in what EA gave us with this title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 hawley088 @ 09/08/15 06:45 PM
People still play this?

# 6 Walt Frazier @ 09/08/15 07:06 PM
Selling this unless the idiotic putting "celebrations" are removed.

They completely ruin the whole atmosphere of the game.

# 7 Golfsprince @ 09/08/15 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnehls
Still the worst game to come out ever!!!! not worth the time
Even worse than NBA Live 14? I don't think so. At least this game does have some solid gameplay.

Missing content doesn't automatically make the game "worst".

THAT SAID, there needs to be more. Justin Patel's comment is a breath of fresh air since things were so silent.

# 8 goillini03 @ 09/08/15 08:57 PM
A breath of fresh air would be outlining the plan forward. Updating career mode, adding courses and new golfers. Removing the stupid celebrations and adding game modes. A few of these might happen with the patch, but I have zero interest in "we have something coming, but we are clueless if it will work or not." I hope I am wrong, but this is not significant news.

# 9 goillini03 @ 09/08/15 09:16 PM
Not trying to knock your opinion golfsprince, I am just not buying what they are selling. Fool me once...

# 10 Golfsprince @ 09/09/15 02:15 AM
Naw, it's all good Illini. It's how most people feel at this point.

I'm in the minority since I really enjoy the gameplay but it definitely needs more content.

I think the PR needs blame more than anything. When a dev usually says "I can't go too much into detail" that's usually the result of poor PR/marketing folks or the "higher ups" telling the devs not to say anything yet.

Oh and go NW Wildcats

# 11 goillini03 @ 09/09/15 07:48 AM
It pains me to upvote your last comment.

# 12 Jet Sufferer @ 09/09/15 12:08 PM
Bought digitally and regret it. Game has no staying power for me. Played the hell out of the other versions. Game has a long way to go, huge misstep for the series.

# 13 kehlis @ 09/09/15 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Bought digitally and regret it. Game has no staying power for me. Played the hell out of the other versions. Game has a long way to go, huge misstep for the series.

I had a lot of fun at first but it was just the new car placebo.

I've tried to play a few times since and can't get through a few holes.

# 14 Golfsprince @ 09/09/15 01:43 PM
A response from Handsward (Justin Patel, EA dev) in regards to the silence and not updating others:

Quote:
I will give updates whenever there is something to update you all on. My last post was when the last patch went out and I gave details on what it addressed. Now I am letting you guys know that we have completed work on the next update. When that update goes live, expect a list of fixes and additions on that day. I know you all have been getting restless the past few weeks but there wasn't anything for me to update you all on. I could have come on and said "still working on the next update, stay tuned" but I know generic messages just make you all mad.

As far as what is coming in the future, I have no say on when those things get announced and it is not my place to comment on them here until an official announcement is made. So just be patient. Support for this game isn't ending anytime soon.

# 15 goillini03 @ 09/09/15 03:19 PM
I do not know how to take this message tbh.

# 16 Flightwhite24 @ 09/09/15 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I do not know how to take this message tbh.

I'm with you on this.

# 17 redsox4evur @ 09/09/15 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
I'm with you on this.

My take is the marketing department isn't good/doing it's job...Because if they were any good they would be communicating with the devs they could have an idea of what it is coming up and then relay it to the consumers.

# 18 goillini03 @ 09/09/15 03:58 PM
I think you are right. Really poor communication on this game. I am the type of person that can be patient, but I have to know what is in store. It also cannot be generic information! The game is already shelved for me, I would just like to know when I can get my money's worth out of the game. Next spring? Cool, just tell me.

# 19 brandon27 @ 09/10/15 07:33 PM
Wow, sounds like there's some bigtime communication issues between the developers, and the marketing/pr guys. Sounds like they want to tell us what's in the patch and whats coming, but for some reason aren't allowed. PRetty crazy really.

The game has a ton of potential, it just severely lacks content for me at this point. So, patience is key here I guess.

# 20 SpritePuck @ 09/11/15 03:04 AM
Justin is a straight forward and good guy... The positive in this is "Support for this game isn't ending anytime soon."

I can be patient and hopeful as long as things do happen. The game is fun and plays well. A few more courses and maybe some things like a trophey presentation in CM. IDK just some things like that and I will be content. Mainly more courses. Though I get everyone wants different things.

Fingers crossed we get a course a month for a while.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.