Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The much anticipated Madden NFL 16 patch has arrived for both Xbox One (732 MB) and PlayStation 4 (749 MB). Check out the list of updates below, which include improvements and fixes for gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more.

UPDATE: Just received official word from EA.

Quote:
Players will not need to restart their Connected Franchises to see most of the fixes in the Title Update. However, due to draft classes being randomly generated, you will have to restart if you want the changes to your current draft class, as we cannot retroactively change those ratings.

Also of note, the roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, according to Rex Dickson, creative director of the Madden NFL series.

Let us know what you are seeing!

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
  • Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren’t being touched
  • Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
  • Tuned regression for offensive linemen
  • Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
  • Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
  • Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
  • Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Addressed a rare issue where certain items would not have an image
OTHER
  • Addressed issue where the commentary line and presentation would repeat for a quarterback who returned from injury
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
  • Addressed general bugs and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 The JareBear @ 09/09/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I don't recall what interview it was, but Rex did talk extensively about the speed rating and how regression is basically broken etc. and that slow DBs, even if they have good ratings, will get burned easily. He talked about it like it was a problem that they will fix. 90% sure he mentioned them changing the base rosters speed ratings in order to fix this. Here is a way to confirm this

1. Somebody find the interview where he talks about it

2. Everyone bug him on twitter constantly until he responds with an answer
Yeah this needs to be confirmed or denied officially

# 202 Mike Lowe @ 09/09/15 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Unless something has changed or I misunderstood how events transpired in my personal experience, CPU teams are able to make adjustments to their depth chart in-season for reasons beyond injury.

In my Madden NFL 15 franchise, for example, the CPU Titans used three different quarterbacks in my first season - Zach Mettenberger, Scott Tolzien (via trade), and Charlie Whitehurst. All of them eventually saw their OVR rating decrease due to poor performance (which caused low Confidence), leading to the CPU trying a different option.

I admittedly have no idea if this is still a thing in Madden NFL 16.
Oh, that's good then. It's probably similar for 16 I'd imagine.

# 203 niles08 @ 09/09/15 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
There is only 2 players i believe in current roster with 95 or over speed. A guy in our league simmed 3 seasons AFTER this patch, had 36 total players at 95 or over speed... thats alot more than 3-4 per season ....its 10 -12, triple that amount...its a problem
The attached image is the one that I have for a base roster? It's the one that was released with the game.

# 204 dayday24 @ 09/09/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Actually the rosters we have are Donnie's. He did them before he left. The speed thing was his idea. Rex said it in a interview I heard a few days ago. They just forgot to scale the draft classes or they liked it as it was for draft classes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gotcha thank you. Still tho they made a point to have speed lower in this years game. And with draft's ive seen so far... I have simulated 10 years in CFM. I've only seen one draft that was considerably high with speed guys.

# 205 STEVE42_ @ 09/09/15 12:48 PM
I'm sorry if it has already been answered but why is the XP gained in franchise mode so low compared to previous years? Is this something that needs to be patched? I don't see a fix for that listed in the notes above, I played 3 years and had Matt Barkley as my QB and won back to back MVP's with him in year 2-3 and broke the single season TD record with him in year 3 and the highest rating I got him to was an 80 after year 3.

# 206 DKBattousai @ 09/09/15 12:50 PM
Agreed with Steve42, is there any news on XP gain? I feel the XP current year is really tough to improve a team, let alone a single player. I apologize if it was mentioned again, I'm at work so I couldn't read as much as I liked.

# 207 lopey986 @ 09/09/15 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
The attached image is the one that I have for a base roster? It's the one that was released with the game.
Pretty much all of those guys suck and are special teams track stars. I don't really see any problem with that unless you're able to insert them at WR and have them catch every single pass. They all basically look like prime Devin Hester to me.

# 208 howboutdat @ 09/09/15 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
Thanks , correction 2 players with 97 speed.

# 209 The JareBear @ 09/09/15 12:56 PM
Does anybody have confirmation from anyone at EA that Friday's roster will change anything with speed

# 210 booker21 @ 09/09/15 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Honest question

Instead of rising speed on stock rosters why not just tune the draft classes to be lower?
this may be harder to do than what we think. they took the easy route i guess.

# 211 Danimal @ 09/09/15 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It appears the Defensive Holding slider still does not stick when manually adjusted or when changed via the Import Custom Sliders option.
I'd like to say unbelievable but that would by hyperbole.

# 212 roadman @ 09/09/15 12:58 PM
8:46 mark.

They can fix speed in roster updates.

# 213 booker21 @ 09/09/15 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Joe Thomas had 99 pass block still in year 3.

Trent Williams had 91 pass block still in year 3.

I dunno. I wonder if it's better if you play every game..hoping so for my online CFM!
I think the problem is not player development, is that the sim engine sim way to many sacks. several times i saw 12 sacks being simulated. Since there are sacks, some OL has to allowed them. It´s a chain reaction.

# 214 althor @ 09/09/15 01:04 PM
I simmed a season pre-patch Mariotta took a huge drop in overall. As I was looking through his attributes I saw his AWARENESS had dropped down to 4 in one season which was the number 1 cause of his overalls dropping so drastically. I just simmed a season and Mariotta dropped from 60-55 AWARENESS. Reloaded and simmed again and he dropped from 60-57, so seems that crazy regression issue was fixed.

I am really disappointed that they didnt fix the RESIGN issue. You still cannot resign your players until OFFSEASON and you have 1 chance to sign them.

The moral to the story is, this will be the last time I purchase Madden new. I will wait a month or so after release date and let them get all the bugs worked out before I bother. If they want to release unfinished products so they can meet deadlines, that is up to them, but I won't be one of those throwing money at them to do it.

# 215 SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe @ 09/09/15 01:06 PM
Im thinking that even with current rosters the speed issue can be managed by manipulating the speed threshold up until it plays a bit more balanced.

# 216 jgarrett @ 09/09/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
I feel like this is the most important question atm and the main reason why the patch was dropped so quickly, but everyone seems interested in player speed. Not to say player speed isnt a problem, but CFM will still be unplayable if the drive goals/player confidence issue hasnt been fixed. And by fixed I dont mean capping ratings at 99 like the patch notes indicate.
Thank you. I just don't understand why nobody has checked this yet.

# 217 DCEBB2001 @ 09/09/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
8:46 mark.

They can fix speed in roster updates.

There is so much wrong with 8:46 onward.

1. 40 times should NEVER equate to the SPD rating. EVER.

2. You can get 40 time data for veterans in the league, if you have access to the right data from legitimate sources.

3. SPD regression is nowhere near as bad as these guys think it is. In the population of every NFL player to play since 1999, the average amount of SPD lost is about 0.005 seconds for every year in the league. That means that after 10 seasons, a player will only lose, on average, about 0.05 seconds on a 40 time. I have data to back that up.

These guys desperately need better data and a better methodology for rating that attribute in particular.

# 218 muelly @ 09/09/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
I simmed a season pre-patch Mariotta took a huge drop in overall. As I was looking through his attributes I saw his AWARENESS had dropped down to 4 in one season which was the number 1 cause of his overalls dropping so drastically. I just simmed a season and Mariotta dropped from 60-55 AWARENESS. Reloaded and simmed again and he dropped from 60-57, so seems that crazy regression issue was fixed.

I am really disappointed that they didnt fix the RESIGN issue. You still cannot resign your players until OFFSEASON and you have 1 chance to sign them.

The moral to the story is, this will be the last time I purchase Madden new. I will wait a month or so after release date and let them get all the bugs worked out before I bother. If they want to release unfinished products so they can meet deadlines, that is up to them, but I won't be one of those throwing money at them to do it.

What resign issue? I thought the issue was players resigned too cheap? I have less issue if they decline an offer and want to test market tbh. I guess I'm unaware you cant resign during season since in my trial run I had reached a deal with a player or two in season.

# 219 muelly @ 09/09/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
Thank you. I just don't understand why nobody has checked this yet.
My feelings exactly.

# 220 griffy20 @ 09/09/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayday24
100% agree. People are just assuming that is what EA is going to do on Friday with roster update. EA has not said nothing. Go download via roster share there are great rosters there that already have everyone updated and you can now start your CFM with the patch. With everything EA has done and we all know EA you really think they are going to basically re rate a majority of the players speed to match up with Draft Classes in CFM??? Would be nice for EA to just come out and say what's up. But if there not saying anything don't get your hopes up it's an easy question to answer and they've actually been answering a lot via Twitter and prefer not to answer that. I say if your debating....don't wait for another patch thats crazy...start it up!! (Also with Donny Moore out as roster guy the new guy doing them made a point to drop down the speed this year)
Maybe you missed the part where a large portion of users can't download via roster share?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.