Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The much anticipated Madden NFL 16 patch has arrived for both Xbox One (732 MB) and PlayStation 4 (749 MB). Check out the list of updates below, which include improvements and fixes for gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more.

UPDATE: Just received official word from EA.

Quote:
Players will not need to restart their Connected Franchises to see most of the fixes in the Title Update. However, due to draft classes being randomly generated, you will have to restart if you want the changes to your current draft class, as we cannot retroactively change those ratings.

Also of note, the roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, according to Rex Dickson, creative director of the Madden NFL series.

Let us know what you are seeing!

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
  • Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren’t being touched
  • Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
  • Tuned regression for offensive linemen
  • Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
  • Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
  • Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
  • Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Addressed a rare issue where certain items would not have an image
OTHER
  • Addressed issue where the commentary line and presentation would repeat for a quarterback who returned from injury
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
  • Addressed general bugs and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 denniscvd @ 09/09/15 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
Ok, maybe I am slow. Where is the specific reference from EA regarding Roster update and speed issues? Ive not seen anything yet. Have reached out to Rex and Kolbe on twitter with no response yet.
It hasn't been.. Which is why I think people who wait 2 days will be let down.

# 182 kse79x @ 09/09/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denniscvd
It hasn't been.. Which is why I think people who wait 2 days will be let down.
I have a feeling you're right. Unless EA is just being incompetent or ignoring it on purpose. They're basically saying people can start leagues or continue leagues they started based on what Rex tweeted. No response at all to those who asked about the speed issue. If a Roster update will correct it, then they should tweet this out before people start their leagues. So the fact that they're not telling people might mean you are correct. Either way, no direct mention of it just isnt right on EA's part.

# 183 tebowtime15 @ 09/09/15 12:14 PM
What I am gathering from this is the biggest issue is the speed ratings of rookies (not overly concerned with this) and regression of left tackles when simming? Basically if we play every game it will prevent most of the regression with the left tackles?

# 184 DocHolliday @ 09/09/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebowtime15
What I am gathering from this is the biggest issue is the speed ratings of rookies (not overly concerned with this) and regression of left tackles when simming? Basically if we play every game it will prevent most of the regression with the left tackles?

For your team, not other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 185 CM Hooe @ 09/09/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I agree, but the issue too is that AI teams never assess their depth charts based on anything but overall rating. Guys are never benched throughout the season, but instead remain starters once they are slotted in that position. A dude would not give up 30+ sacks in a season IRL because he'd be benched long before. Neither would a guy with 40 INTs.
Unless something has changed or I misunderstood how events transpired in my personal experience, CPU teams are able to make adjustments to their depth chart in-season for reasons beyond injury.

In my Madden NFL 15 franchise, for example, the CPU Titans used three different quarterbacks in my first season - Zach Mettenberger, Scott Tolzien (via trade), and Charlie Whitehurst. All of them eventually saw their OVR rating decrease due to poor performance (which caused low Confidence), leading to the CPU trying a different option.

I admittedly have no idea if this is still a thing in Madden NFL 16.

# 186 SuperSeahawks @ 09/09/15 12:20 PM
Did a quick CFM test to confirm that the LT sacks given up is still an issue.

# 187 dayday24 @ 09/09/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kse79x
I have a feeling you're right. Unless EA is just being incompetent or ignoring it on purpose. They're basically saying people can start leagues or continue leagues they started based on what Rex tweeted. No response at all to those who asked about the speed issue. If a Roster update will correct it, then they should tweet this out before people start their leagues. So the fact that they're not telling people might mean you are correct. Either way, no direct mention of it just isnt right on EA's part.

100% agree. People are just assuming that is what EA is going to do on Friday with roster update. EA has not said nothing. Go download via roster share there are great rosters there that already have everyone updated and you can now start your CFM with the patch. With everything EA has done and we all know EA you really think they are going to basically re rate a majority of the players speed to match up with Draft Classes in CFM??? Would be nice for EA to just come out and say what's up. But if there not saying anything don't get your hopes up it's an easy question to answer and they've actually been answering a lot via Twitter and prefer not to answer that. I say if your debating....don't wait for another patch thats crazy...start it up!! (Also with Donny Moore out as roster guy the new guy doing them made a point to drop down the speed this year)

# 188 niles08 @ 09/09/15 12:24 PM
Im not sure what the speed issue is? I just looked at the base roster and 24 players have speed 94 or higher? 10 of those are CB's, 2 are RB's, and 12 are WR's...These vary from 94 all the way up to two with 97 speed. 3-4 guys coming in a year with that speed makes sense to me...It appears that the WR's that have the higher speed and are bigger also lack acceleration which is obviously how it should be.

# 189 charter04 @ 09/09/15 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The issue is that left tackles (and right tackles to a lesser extent, but it's mostly left tackles) are allowing a disproportionately high number of sacks relative to other starting offensive linemen.

The total number of sacks allowed is actually pretty solid at a glance, but teams' left tackles are allowing too many sacks. For example, in one given sim, the Cowboys allowed 32 total sacks, but Tyron Smith allowed 12 of them. Washington Post credits Tyron Smith with six sacks allowed in 2014 and he's never allowed double-digit sacks in his career per that source. Another example: Browns LT Joe Thomas - probably the premier left tackle in the league - allowed 13 sacks in the same simulated season (with PBK of 96 following the season); he's never allowed more than six sacks in his career, per Washington Post.

The extreme example: for the Rams, they allowed 60 sacks as a team in one sim I did, and Greg Robinson allowed 41 sacks by himself. No other player on the team allowed more than 9.

Combine this with a component of Game Prep where an offensive tackle will automatically regress if he allows too many sacks in a game. For example, Greg Robinson will automatically lose four points in Pass Blocking permanently if he allows four sacks in a game. The amount of regression may be tied to Consistency; the Rams' right tackle, Rob Havenstein, also allowed four sacks in a single game once this sim, and he lost five points on Pass Blocking instead of four. It appears that three sacks allowed is the threshold for any ratings penalty, so an OL can allow 0, 1, or 2 sacks in a game and be fine.

Going back to Greg Robinson allowing 41 sacks in a season - that's a little over 2.5 sacks a game. In a second sim I did, he allowed at least 3 sacks in 8 games, and in two games allowed more than 6 sacks individually. So he's getting hit with PBK ratings penalties at least eight times in the season.

That's the reason we're seeing the tackles regress so much - they are allowing a ton of sacks individually, and the game is penalizing them for that.

For frame of reference - Washington Post credits Vikings LT Matt Kalil, one of the worst current starting tackles in the NFL by consensus, with 13.75 (.75?) sacks allowed in 2014. Unfortunately sortable real-world individual OL stats are proving really hard for me to find.

If I were to take a stab at what the long-term effects of this would be - CPU teams are going to be at the mercy of the sim engine with respect to developing young offensive tackles, and any who don't perform in the game sims are going to probably discarded quickly on account of the extreme PBK regression. The LTs who already have high ratings, though allowing too many sacks, will probably maintain their ratings more often than not because they mostly won't ever hit the single-game sacks allowed thresholds to incur ratings penalties.

Yea I knew how it happened I was just asking more in a why would EA make regression work that way in a game to begin with.

Then they said it was fixed. Still not fixed.

Should a player even regress in a regular season?

Thanks for the info and data though.

# 190 swimfunk @ 09/09/15 12:27 PM
Is the OL pass block a regression due to high number of sacks in a sim. Reason why I ask is we have a 32 team CFM, so there shouldnt be many sims. Granted there will still be sacks but I can't imagine as high as the sims. I wonder if the regression is strictly tied to # of sacks.

# 191 charter04 @ 09/09/15 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
Im not sure what the speed issue is? I just looked at the base roster and 24 players have speed 94 or higher? 10 of those are CB's, 2 are RB's, and 12 are WR's...These vary from 94 all the way up to two with 97 speed. 3-4 guys coming in a year with that speed makes sense to me...It appears that the WR's that have the higher speed and are bigger also lack acceleration which is obviously how it should be.

So having multiple players (2 or 3) come in with higher speed than the top guy on the whole file is ok?

I saw about 3 with 98 speed in the first draft class

# 192 charter04 @ 09/09/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
Is the OL pass block a regression due to high number of sacks in a sim. Reason why I ask is we have a 32 team CFM, so there shouldnt be many sims. Granted there will still be sacks but I can't imagine as high as the sims. I wonder if the regression is strictly tied to # of sacks.

Yes. Seems to be just number of sacks given up

# 193 howboutdat @ 09/09/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Did a quick CFM test to confirm that the LT sacks given up is still an issue.

Here is my thing on this, some have said, maybe it wont be an issue in online. Well i guess that means dont use the new " sim a win " feature online then , because if you do , those sack numbers gonna bite the two teams who get simmed. Also for any games where before opponents might agree to a fair sim, now will risk this being an issue for them. Bottom line , the bs isn't fixed at all.

Also my other question, so who i working on a stock , up to date moves , roster that will adjust the speeds of stock players up correctly to match these rookies speeds more? Because ive yet to see anything confirmed by EA that they are doing this, and we need someone to do this .

# 194 CM Hooe @ 09/09/15 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yea I knew how it happened I was just asking more in a why would EA make regression work that way in a game to begin with.

Then they said it was fixed. Still not fixed.

Should a player even regress in a regular season?

Thanks for the info and data though.
Personally I have no issue with the concept of in-season regression, particularly when paired with the ability to progress players in-season.

The simulated stats are the driver of the problem here, IMO.

# 195 howboutdat @ 09/09/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
There is only 2 players i believe in current roster with 95 or over speed. A guy in our league simmed 3 seasons AFTER this patch, had 36 total players at 95 or over speed... thats alot more than 3-4 per season ....its 10 -12, triple that amount...its a problem

# 196 charter04 @ 09/09/15 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayday24
100% agree. People are just assuming that is what EA is going to do on Friday with roster update. EA has not said nothing. Go download via roster share there are great rosters there that already have everyone updated and you can now start your CFM with the patch. With everything EA has done and we all know EA you really think they are going to basically re rate a majority of the players speed to match up with Draft Classes in CFM??? Would be nice for EA to just come out and say what's up. But if there not saying anything don't get your hopes up it's an easy question to answer and they've actually been answering a lot via Twitter and prefer not to answer that. I say if your debating....don't wait for another patch thats crazy...start it up!! (Also with Donny Moore out as roster guy the new guy doing them made a point to drop down the speed this year)

Actually the rosters we have are Donnie's. He did them before he left. The speed thing was his idea. Rex said it in a interview I heard a few days ago. They just forgot to scale the draft classes or they liked it as it was for draft classes

# 197 jgarrett @ 09/09/15 12:33 PM
Has anyone been able to check if the in game drive goals issued has been fixed or not?

# 198 Robo COP @ 09/09/15 12:37 PM
I don't recall what interview it was, but Rex did talk extensively about the speed rating and how regression is basically broken etc. and that slow DBs, even if they have good ratings, will get burned easily. He talked about it like it was a problem that they will fix. 90% sure he mentioned them changing the base rosters speed ratings in order to fix this. Here is a way to confirm this

1. Somebody find the interview where he talks about it

2. Everyone bug him on twitter constantly until he responds with an answer

# 199 Robo COP @ 09/09/15 12:38 PM
what confuses me is nobody seems to be talking about how progression and xp gain still seem to be incredibly slow. Don't get me wrong, last year it was way too easy, but I thought they would at least tune some of it. Somebody should sim 10 seasons in and see what player overalls looks like. I bet many drafted players don't progress like they should (another words, the league in 10 years will be filled with a bunch of average players)

# 200 niles08 @ 09/09/15 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
So having multiple players (2 or 3) come in with higher speed than the top guy on the whole file is ok?

I saw about 3 with 98 speed in the first draft class

Charter you know I have much respect for you. I am curious what are those 98 speed's accelerations? I have noticed that multiple bigger wide receivers have had accelerations in the 80s which is obviously much lower than those with higher speeds on the stock?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.