Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 is available today for those that have pre-ordered. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 mlb08 @ 09/25/15 05:37 PM
Wow they removed the up pad heat check score to quick play..

# 142 Beluba @ 09/25/15 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
Wow they removed the up pad heat check score to quick play..
D-PAD Up while on defense brings up the HUD like last year. but you can only bring it up and take it down while on defense.

# 143 SaruAqua @ 09/25/15 05:48 PM
Okay, so I've finished playing two games against the cpu on superstar difficulty and this is what happened:

First game: '06 Heat (me) vs '05 Suns (cpu) = 61-53 loss

One word... speed. The way Nash was moving the ball up the court was absolutely incredible. He was finding open shooters and my defense let me down. He ended with 8 assists but only 2 points because I had Wade checking him for most of the game. The most impressive part was Nash and Barbosa's relentlessness to have Shaq defend the PNR which led to my guards overplaying and wide open jumpers. As for me, Wade was fantastic as usual (27/6/7/1/2 on 12-21) and Shaq had 8 points on 5 shots (got to get more) but the role players weren't. J-Will and Payton kept bricking open shots. I'll definitely get better with this team. Wade IS A FRIKEN BEAST, THOUGH!!!

Second game: '08 Celtics (me) vs '16 Rockets (cpu) = 59-58 win

Unlike the first game, this one was played at a moderate tempo. I must say that the Celtics have a great offense in this game. KG put up 24/8 on 11-14 along with Perkins' 12 points mostly coming from Rondo's playmaking. Pierce/Allen were bad (combined 6-23) especially Pierce (3-14) but he did hit the game winning 3 with 0.8 secs left in the 4th. As for their defense, Boston forced alot of turnovers with strips and deflections, mostly by Rondo and Garnett. Soften had 13 points on a good 6-9 shooting but our off-ball defense prevented him from getting open. Talking about one ball defense, Patrick Beverley was an irritant. He heavily pressured anyone that brought up the ball.

Hats off to 2K. You guys really took this game to a next level. I honestly can't wait to use other teams such as the '00 Raptors, '01 Lakers, '16 Spurs, and more. Got to improve those servers, though.

# 144 rudeworld @ 09/25/15 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Finally!

I can see some Golden State Warriors fans in Charlotte.... #whereismyxboxone

# 145 2_headedmonster @ 09/25/15 05:58 PM
How do you choose who you want to double team with?

# 146 cima @ 09/25/15 05:59 PM
I love the atmosphere SOUNDS of MyCareer in the high school and college games...however, the crowd never stands up, they just sit the entire game, even while cheering so it kind of takes away from the atmosphere of the game.

# 147 svit @ 09/25/15 06:03 PM
NBA 2k16 is legit. I mean online wise.

I've played 5 online games and I can tell the difference between someone who knows BB and who play video game. I've played against someone who relentlessly try to speed up a pace with fast breaks and quick shots. Once I've adopt and start preventing his fast breaks, my lead just keep growing. I've started -8 points after first quarter, in the middle of third I've already have 15 points lead. I've literally destroyed the opponent.

Very, very impressed. Heat freelance flow is just amazing with cuts to the middle and pick n' pop between Dragic and Bosh.

Bravo Czar, bravo!

# 148 Hadlowe @ 09/25/15 06:05 PM
A minor criticism, but I have always enjoyed playing an off-ball guy in MyCareer with CPU controlled plays. It felt sim last year because not many wings or bigs get to pick the offense and the plays were robust enough to not break if you missed your pick timing by 1/10 of a second. The playvision changed this year so that spots on the floor, cuts and picks do not have a high visual contrast with court backgrounds. It is very difficult to tell where I am supposed to be and the plays are breaking down almost every time as a result.

# 149 IUxHOOSIERS @ 09/25/15 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
How do you choose who you want to double team with?
From what I've gathered I don't think you can choose who to send on a double team like last year. Holding LB just sends a random player from what I've seen

# 150 IUxHOOSIERS @ 09/25/15 06:11 PM
Game is really good. I can go on and on about how many things I like about this game.

One thing that isn't a huge deal just a little annoying is doing in-game substitutions. Why would they change it? Was there anything wrong with it last year? This year you have to click the right stick in different ways and it's just funky how they did it this year. Much more easier last year and I didn't see a reason to change it

# 151 m1ke_nyc @ 09/25/15 06:12 PM
Just had a game come down to the wire Mavs(me) vs Celtics. Won by 2 points but the atmosphere was crazy for the last couple minutes of the game. Loved it.

# 152 Shakedowncapo @ 09/25/15 06:13 PM
Just had one of my best gaming moments with this game. Pressing triangle with Rick Fox, to dump it down to Shaq on the block and just backing down LaFrentz with brute force then dunking on him, watching the whole stanchion rock and snap back.

So satisfying, so damn smooth.

And oh yea, 2005 Dirk is an absolute problem. Love when you face up with him and your opponent doesn't know whether you're going to shoot or drive. His jumpshot is beautifully done.

# 153 Peninc @ 09/25/15 06:18 PM
The game is exceptional from all areas on the court. That is how simply I will praise it and leave it there. What I want to really talk about is the lack of highlights during the halftime show and post game for PS4, FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW. It is inexcusable and it absolutely mars the immersion and experience for me from a presentation stand point.

I really dont have enough words to express my disappointment, and the lack of transparency by 2K about the issue they knew would be in the game AGAIN. Disgusting.

# 154 redsox4evur @ 09/25/15 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
The game is exceptional from all areas on the court. That is how simply I will praise it and leave it there. What I want to really talk about is the lack of highlights during the halftime show and post game for PS4, FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW. It is inexcusable and it absolutely mars the immersion and experience for me from a presentation stand point.

I really dont have enough words to express my disappointment, and the lack of transparency by 2K about the issue they knew would be in the game AGAIN. Disgusting.
How about the fact that it works on X1, PC, and not PS4? I think it's Sony issue not a 2K issue.

# 155 Caelumfang @ 09/25/15 06:25 PM
Man, I'm on board with the caps just like everyone else, but mid 70s for ball control for SGs is disrespectful. Lol, seems like only PGs can dribble this year.

# 156 jc483 @ 09/25/15 06:36 PM
I really didn't think this game would look much better than 2k15 based on all the videos I watched..I was so wrong. Videos, streams, screenshots..none of them do justice to just how amazing this game looks. The body scans, the lighting..the courts..everything visually has been improved. Im a little overwhelmed at the game so I dont know where to start..for now I'll just continue to watch the cpu of different teams and marvel until I figure out where to start first. Have not been this excited for 2k since 2k11

# 157 Wolf Ticket @ 09/25/15 06:36 PM
Love how the foot planting affects jumpers, guys will twist and turn their bodies to square their shoulders up if their feet aren't squared up to the rim.

# 158 woshihuxingtan @ 09/25/15 06:39 PM
Everything is great, I love this game, but...
1. face scan is awful this year, I have better scan in NBA 2K15. I got 27000 points in 2K16, and I don't know the guy in the game...
2. server is down...down...down

# 159 DesiMundha @ 09/25/15 06:45 PM
I really wish you could use the controls from 2k15 or have the option to make a custom layout.

# 160 LeBronistheKing @ 09/25/15 06:57 PM
I have been reading these impressions and been watching plenty of videos on YouTube that really show off things like the game's lighting, and the look of the courts with the reflections and high resulotion texture, but my copy is severely lacking visually and in terms of the smoothness of the animations, for example videos I've seen of player interviews or the pre and post game show all appear to be better synced up with the audio in terms of mouth movement. 2K doesn't seem to be animating as smoothly as the videos I've seen Which led me to believe that maybe it's something with my PS4. I want to experience this gem in all it's glory. Does anyone know of any fix for this? Or what it may be. Also I'm playing on a Sony Bravia 42 inch LCD 1080p HD television.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.