Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

For those of you lucky enough to download the EA Sports UFC 2 beta, get in a few fights and post your impressions!

FYI, for those that are asking, registration is closed for the beta.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Gotmadskillzson @ 01/29/16 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Share stuff like this with EA so that we see less of it when the game is released.

In the email that they sent with the code there's a clickable link that looks like the attachment below:

I tried clicking mine, but nothing happened... I assume it's because I haven't played yet. I'll be online tonight though, so I'm looking forward to getting my tail kicked by you guys who have a days jump on me.
As of 1am it still wasn't working.

# 122 fballturkey @ 01/29/16 12:44 PM
The beta forum worked for me after I started up the game and then logged out of the EA profile on my computer and back in. Also the link in the email still doesn't work, but the one on the EA UFC forums stickied at the top does.

# 123 pdandy @ 01/29/16 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Matt Hughes with rubber guard threw me off a bit.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Yeah caught me off guard too.
I may be wrong, but I don't think they can do anything about that without potentially having side effects on Matt Hughes and maybe even other BJJ fighters. This was the design choice they made.

In EA UFC 2, ground transitions and reversals appear to be assigned as a package, not move-by-move like in EA UFC 1. I don't think they can just remove rubber guard from Matt Hughes. They would either have to
- move his BJJ mastery level down until they found a BJJ package that doesn't contain rubber guard. This might have the side effect of leaving Matt Hughes without some BJJ moves he should have.
- Move the rubber guard to a higher mastery level. This would impact not just Matt Hughes but every other guy at that BJJ level.

# 124 sirjam @ 01/29/16 01:08 PM
Jus speaking of pick up and play. I don't like the new grapple ground system. Now as I said I haven't researched so it might b good. But as of right now it seems a lil to much on the screen to deal with.

# 125 Phobia @ 01/29/16 01:09 PM
Has Matt ever in his career threw up rubber guard? lol

# 126 aholbert32 @ 01/29/16 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Yeah caught me off guard too.

I may be wrong, but I don't think they can do anything about that without potentially having side effects on Matt Hughes and maybe even other BJJ fighters. This was the design choice they made.

In EA UFC 2, ground transitions and reversals appear to be assigned as a package, not move-by-move like in EA UFC 1. I don't think they can just remove rubber guard from Matt Hughes. They would either have to

- move his BJJ mastery level down until they found a BJJ package that doesn't contain rubber guard. This might have the side effect of leaving Matt Hughes without some BJJ moves he should have.

- Move the rubber guard to a higher mastery level. This would impact not just Matt Hughes but every other guy at that BJJ level.

You are right about a lot of this but they can remove and add individual moves for each fighter without lowering or raising his level.

# 127 pdandy @ 01/29/16 01:23 PM
Glad I'm wrong about the most important point

# 128 pdandy @ 01/29/16 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The beta forum worked for me after I started up the game and then logged out of the EA profile on my computer and back in. Also the link in the email still doesn't work, but the one on the EA UFC forums stickied at the top does.
All this describes my experience.
Please do go there to post your constructive criticism and vote up other people's suggestions that you feel strongly about!

# 129 shoddymac @ 01/29/16 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
Ah gotcha! Def makes sense and I understand it better now, thanks!

Btw, how do you do feints, fake/cancel strikes?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out! Hold R1+R2 then whatever strike button.
They brought back feints? That is a gem I clearly missed.

# 130 shoddymac @ 01/29/16 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think FNC's is a little better but head movement is pretty good. I use it for guys like Lombard and Hendricks who have a short reach but a ton of power. It helps you get inside.
People keep talking about the shorter players having a disadvantage which is true in some severe cases, but Johnny Hendricks is usually my go to fighter in this class. Of the 25 wins in a row I probably fought with him 17 times. If you know how to take away the distance sometimes a shorter fighter can be to your advantage.

# 131 bballshawn24 @ 01/29/16 01:51 PM
yeah i made ariana grande and shes 5'1, just ko'd the hell outta someone who looked 3 weight classes bigger

# 132 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/29/16 02:28 PM
I fought a Robbie Lawler w/ Matt Brown. My God is Lawler dangerous. Feels like every strike is going to take you out.

# 133 bigeastbumrush @ 01/29/16 02:31 PM
Movements felt incredibly stiff to me.

Gonna have to spend time in practice mode.

# 134 pdandy @ 01/29/16 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I fought a Robbie Lawler w/ Matt Brown. My God is Lawler dangerous. Feels like every strike is going to take you out.
Those move levels in conjunction with better damage and hit reaction systems are making a huge difference. Love it!

Used Ben Saunders against a Robbie player. Put the fear in me by mid first round.

# 135 Motown @ 01/29/16 02:53 PM
A lot of "OOOH ... DAMN! , I felt that moments."

# 136 EL_GABE @ 01/29/16 03:36 PM
damn lost an online decision cuz its not recording takedowns , took the guys down all day and pounded him and i still loss lol ok

# 137 jeremym480 @ 01/29/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_GABE
damn lost an online decision cuz its not recording takedowns , took the guys down all day and pounded him and i still loss lol ok
That sucks, but this is what a Beta is all about. I'm sure it will be worked out when the game is released.

# 138 Toma @ 01/29/16 04:01 PM
Is GameFace available for the Beta?

# 139 fballturkey @ 01/29/16 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma
Is GameFace available for the Beta?
For UT yes. I haven't used it yet though.

# 140 sportsfan8812 @ 01/29/16 04:05 PM
I think my only gripe with the game so far is the ground game. It just seems sooo difficult and as someone else mentioned, it doesn't really allow for you to just pick up and play. Right now, I definitely need the HUD assist because I would have no idea what to do otherwise. But in the time it takes for me to look at the HUD and choose my move, my opponent has already transitioned or begun his transition.

With all that being said, I will probably enjoy it more once I fully get the hang of it but i'm sucking horribly right now and always just hope for a stand up affair

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.