Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Madden patch 1.09 is available now with some pretty big changes to the core gameplay experience. The Madden team discussed the patch on a Twitch stream today, here are some highlights:

• A fix is in to prevent multiple nano-blitzes using the B-Gap. The RG will now always look inside to outside for blocking assignments.
  • The 'playcalling/pause' freeze is fixed (where you lose input data and have to dashboard).
  • Untimed downs will occur at the right times (this also fixes the FG Block glitch).
  • A rare bug where QB sacks were creating a stopped clock has been fixed.
  • User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.
  • Patch notes also mention general stability improvements (aka less freezes).
Be sure to play a few games and let us know what you think of the changes in the space below!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 cuoreceltico @ 02/24/16 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I have only played one game since the patch dropped yesterday. But there appears to be one bug that I did not see in my game. In the past, I believe after the QB was sacked, sometimes the game clock would stop when it should have kept running. It was kind of random. It did not happen after every sack. But it did happen every once in a while. Now it's only one game. But last night in my game since the patch the game clock stopped when it was supposed to be stopped and it ran when it was supposed to run.
Thanks this is interesting i never see that problem, anyway seems to me (after play one game - just a sensation) that the patch have buffed the run defense and nerfed the pass defense, seems to me that the DB play more loose to wr, and react late to tackle on RAC, instead generally DL and LB are more effective against the run anyone feel same?

# 82 Unlucky 13 @ 02/24/16 03:32 PM
I only play offline franchise, and I haven't had any issues with the weather this year. I play as the Dolphins, and it rains in Miami ALL the time. 3-5 games per season. It seems to rain a lot when I play in NY as well, and I've seen snow in late season games at Buffalo and New England.

# 83 cuoreceltico @ 02/24/16 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I only play offline franchise, and I haven't had any issues with the weather this year. I play as the Dolphins, and it rains in Miami ALL the time. 3-5 games per season. It seems to rain a lot when I play in NY as well, and I've seen snow in late season games at Buffalo and New England.
So actually you are the only one, more lucky that unlucky , anyway maybe the weather is bugged only in certain cities? could be a real theory !

Anyway just as I say in the weather tread, i see that if you reboot the game before start for 3-4 time you get the right weather, and after some games in the presentation you can see the forecast screen of the game, and weather become generally fine also the wind seems calm down, just try.

# 84 JoshC1977 @ 02/24/16 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
Just annoying to get questioned by everyone when you find a bug or something big broken with a patch.

Since when does EA get the benefit of the doubt? Besides this year every patch EA has ever release for Madden the last 10 years has broke as much as it fixed. Most of the time the patch does more bad than good. EA is notorious for this.

Ea just released a final patch that was not needed and decided to give every CFM player the middle finger and say well wait to next year now.
You get questioned by everyone when there is a) no evidence presented and b) no description of the process used to make this assessment.

Lots of people make claims just to rile people up. I'm not saying you are one of those, but I, for one, would like more details of the methodology used to make this assertion.

# 85 Cnada @ 02/24/16 07:36 PM
I need to know if the Drafting to slow development trait is correct because it will break our online franchise with 20 players since majority of the league doesnt like draft picks as is.

Killing development trait to slow (via bug etc) makes Online CFM unplayable.

Cross fingers it isnt true, could we get an official response on this?

# 86 JoshC1977 @ 02/24/16 08:06 PM
Now I am really confused....I just simmed a season, selected a few teams with top rookies and several (including the 8th pick overall) had superstar development.

Here are the details of my process:
  • I'm on PS4
  • I deleted the tuner before the patch
  • I installed the patch
  • Started a new CFM using the original preseason rosters
  • Simmed the season and draft
I'm not posting this to contradict - you're obviously adamant about what you saw. So, I'm going to take that at face value. If you simmed a bunch of drafts and none of the top players had superstar development but I simmed 1 and immediately found multiple players, it stands to reason that something was different that may have knocked something out of whack.

I'd like to understand what we may have done differently. We know for a fact that using the default preseason CFM roster (instead of loading another roster) affects a lot of things in how the game plays/behaves. If I had to guess, I'd say that this is the most likely culprit. Did you ever try simming using the default roster, or did you always load another one from the main menu?

If there is one thing I have learned....the smallest things can make the biggest difference in getting this game to function properly....

Hope this helps....

# 87 Unlucky 13 @ 02/24/16 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
So actually you are the only one, more lucky that unlucky , anyway maybe the weather is bugged only in certain cities? could be a real theory !

Anyway just as I say in the weather tread, i see that if you reboot the game before start for 3-4 time you get the right weather, and after some games in the presentation you can see the forecast screen of the game, and weather become generally fine also the wind seems calm down, just try.
I actually get rain so often that sometimes I'll restart after it loads into the game because I'm thinking "rain again?!?" I just want to play in the sun sometimes. Its really surprising that its quite the opposite for so many other people.

I know for certain that along with Miami (frequently), I've played in the rain in NY, Seattle, Jacksonville, Tampa and Washington, and in the snow in Buffalo and New England. Probably others too.

For what its worth, I play on the PS4, and as I said, always offline and unconnected. I only get online to download updates.

# 88 ballinoutactrl @ 02/24/16 08:32 PM
wonder if they fixed your players regressing for no reason

# 89 Unlucky 13 @ 02/24/16 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinoutactrl
That's been happening to me since I got the game (younger guys going down 1-3 OVR after the season), but it did last year too, and maybe the year before that. I still have trouble with the new player progression system.

# 90 aziatic77 @ 02/24/16 08:48 PM
Wish they would have fixed the "receiver has room to run the first down after a catch on third and short but instead dives and rolls on the ground short of the marker in overtime" glitch.

# 91 Smallville102001 @ 02/24/16 10:35 PM
Quote:

Odd I play as the packers and I get nothing even though they play in a place where it snows and rains a lot.

# 92 therealsmallville @ 02/25/16 12:16 AM
Quote:
I actually get rain so often that sometimes I'll restart after it loads into the game because I'm thinking "rain again?!?" I just want to play in the sun sometimes. Its really surprising that its quite the opposite for so many other people.

I know for certain that along with Miami (frequently), I've played in the rain in NY, Seattle, Jacksonville, Tampa and Washington, and in the snow in Buffalo and New England. Probably others too.

For what its worth, I play on the PS4, and as I said, always offline and unconnected. I only get online to download updates.

This is interesting...I play offline CFM, but my X1 is always connected to the net. I wonder if disconnecting would make a difference...

Gonna test it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 93 Rubio809 @ 02/25/16 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Odd I play as the packers and I get nothing even though they play in a place where it snows and rains a lot.
Since I recently just got the game I will ask then....DOES IT EVEN SNOW IN A CFM?

# 94 Unlucky 13 @ 02/25/16 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
This is interesting...I play offline CFM, but my X1 is always connected to the net. I wonder if disconnecting would make a difference...

Gonna test it this weekend.

That's what I added that part. I've become aware that I'm in the minority on this. I can't be online all the time because I can't get real broadband where I live and have to use satellite, which has strict usage limits. I've had my share of issues with games because everyone else just assumes we're all connected all the time, and I thought maybe the reverse was true here.

# 95 charter04 @ 02/25/16 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiefan
Ok. Wow! !

2 major stuff ups on 2 plays.

1. Kick return. Every single one of my blockers ran BEHIND my receiver.

2. Illegal block in the back. Called against my friggin receiver with the ball! ! What the? ?????????

Starting to think this update has made the game unplayable. Can i return to the previous version?

This is not going to work

Both of those things have happened since day one. The KO thing is when the other team kicks into the wind and you call middle return. For some reason the blockers still think the kick is going where it would without the wind.

I've had the other before the patch too.

It's patch time and freak outs are happening as usual it seems

# 96 azdawgpound @ 02/25/16 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Since I recently just got the game I will ask then....DOES IT EVEN SNOW IN A CFM?
Im in year 4 of my offline cfm and I've only had 1 snow game and that was this past yr in the playoffs and only 3 rain games I just started yr 4 yesterday so haven't play any games this yr yet.

But if it goes as previous yrs gonna be alot of sunny games and just cold games but no snow or rain.

I'm wondering if it's a glitch with certain teams like few yrs back where certain teams it would be rain games every game.

# 97 charter04 @ 02/25/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatic77
Wish they would have fixed the "receiver has room to run the first down after a catch on third and short but instead dives and rolls on the ground short of the marker in overtime" glitch.
It sounds like you are describing a possession catch animation. If so that's not a glitch

# 98 iBlievN5 @ 02/25/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinoutactrl
i'm pretty sure a guy looked at madden's code and those are just players that are busts.

# 99 CM Hooe @ 02/25/16 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
i'm pretty sure a guy looked at madden's code and those are just players that are busts.
I can guarantee you that no one on this forum outside of those directly employed by Electronic Arts has viewed Madden NFL's source code.

# 100 Ueauvan @ 02/25/16 05:02 PM
hyde regresses in awr and bcv despite running title etc, he isnt a bust. i think someone came up with logic of trainer regression trait, as i play coach i have no idea. owner mode players could probably shed some light

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.