Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream has begun, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

...and here is the epic bat flip from Jose Bautista.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 masterchaoss @ 02/26/16 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Haha I keep asking Ramone if there's been an addition of some sort of award tracking system. NBA 2K has awards in the player card, so with all this talk about commentary being driven by stats and accolades, I was hoping that it'll find its way in the show. I
yeah I'm also hopping that show a list of championship teams as well as other award winners, because as someone coming from 2K i can say it makes the game tons more enjoyable when you can see the complete list championships and awards in the history of a sport, seeing you're dynasty along side others.

# 182 MrOldboy @ 02/26/16 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
That's what I'm saying, there is no pitch callout setting in MLB15. I can confirm though, that the pitch/speed displays in the scorebug with everything off (clean screen).

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Damnit I knew I wasn't explaining right. I was talking about CPU vs CPU where the pitch call out is off since that is what was shown in stream. I forgot they took the option out for player vs cpu.

What I'm basically saying is I want the functionality that we had when the scorebug was first added, where we could turn the callout off and still have the pitch speed displayed in the scorebug. As it is now I don't think we can do that or am I missing a setting in MLB 15?

I just loaded up a CPU vs CPU game and the pitch callout is off, but no speed in scorebug.

# 183 briguy4747 @ 02/26/16 10:40 PM
I asked this question to everybody, in general...never received a reply or answer to this important issue with last year's game:

The lack of urgency from outfielders throwing the ball in quickly to the infielders, when there is at least one base runner on ?!

# 184 MrOldboy @ 02/26/16 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
I asked this question to everybody, in general...never received a reply or answer to this important issue with last year's game:

The lack of urgency from outfielders throwing the ball in quickly to the infielders, when there is at least one base runner on ?!

I know the devs keep reiterating about preloading, but I have to concede in that I sometimes preload right after the ball is hit and I still get slow throw animations from outfielders in gaps resulting in tons of triples. I adjust the sliders to accommodate. They added a lot of new animations and some outfield throws look pretty good so maybe this will be a bit better this year.

# 185 Woodweaver @ 02/26/16 10:49 PM
Quote:

Do you have a video example?

# 186 briguy4747 @ 02/26/16 10:51 PM
I don't have a video example, but this was a well-known issue in MLB 15...
There were posts about it on OS

# 187 Woodweaver @ 02/26/16 11:08 PM
Quote:
I don't have a video example, but this was a well-known issue in MLB 15...
There were posts about it on OS
All the well known examples have been addressed as best as our animation set will allow.

# 188 nomo17k @ 02/26/16 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Damnit I knew I wasn't explaining right. I was talking about CPU vs CPU where the pitch call out is off since that is what was shown in stream. I forgot they took the option out for player vs cpu.

What I'm basically saying is I want the functionality that we had when the scorebug was first added, where we could turn the callout off and still have the pitch speed displayed in the scorebug. As it is now I don't think we can do that or am I missing a setting in MLB 15?

I just loaded up a CPU vs CPU game and the pitch callout is off, but no speed in scorebug.
It was gone from CPU vs CPU/MOM in MLB 15 (don't remember it was also gone in MLB 14... it probably was).

It was something Woodweaver once fixed in a patch after so many tears were shed by MOM crowd. It was probably really a patch and didn't leave in the code base permanently, and I think the next year it was gone again.

# 189 bxphenom7 @ 02/27/16 01:38 AM
Dope stuff, wish jerseys moved in the wind though

# 190 MrOldboy @ 02/27/16 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
It was gone from CPU vs CPU/MOM in MLB 15 (don't remember it was also gone in MLB 14... it probably was).

It was something Woodweaver once fixed in a patch after so many tears were shed by MOM crowd. It was probably really a patch and didn't leave in the code base permanently, and I think the next year it was gone again.
Edit: I went back and found the thread. I guess it may have been like that at community day that year, but in the gameplay videos it was not displaying in the scorebug. Ramone said it wouldn't make it in and then the community day guys said they saw it at CD. After some explaining it ended up getting in the game before release. I think it was in that year, 13, then not in 14 or 15. I wonder if it'll ever get added back in. Since they took out the pitch callout on/off in the options I guess they'd have to bring that option back for it to work in player vs CPU modes.

# 191 headzapp @ 02/27/16 06:30 AM
I love how much work goes into announcing in the games. It's hard to get that natural feeling of an actual game. I'm saying how in The Show, the announcing seems enthusiastic instead of a more natural chat. If we can gets calls that sound like normal announcing would that bring people deeper into the game?
I know they aren't actors and it's hard to do things in a studio. But imagine getting throat screeching calls after huge plays that pump you up Someone mentioned in a NHL thread using clips from real games. That would be cool, but how would that match with the studio calls? Plus I'm assuming those clips probably have a copyright on them anyway.
It would be awesome if one day we can gets games that sound like these links I have below. I'm not knocking the announcing or the game. Just throwing thoughts out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oi-...bEJuB_BZ9K86bj

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6337119...att-vasgersian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GazZFzZ__4Y

# 192 sroz39 @ 02/27/16 09:02 AM
First off, hale-frickin-llujah for Stride Analog being brought back. I posted a few times about my disappointment when it was taken out last year and though I still enjoyed 15, I definitely played it less than other years and not having the stride played a big part in my enjoyment. Super pumped it's coming back.

I've also mentioned this before, but I'll say it again...I've played this series since before it was known as The Show. Thousands upon thousands of games across Franchise, RTTS and DD. To this day, I still enjoy Matt Vasgersian as the play by play guy for this game. No matter what the devs do, lines will repeat. But there is something about hearing Matt Vasgersian introduce a game and call a game in The Show that just feels right. Happy he's here to stay.

The colour commentators, I'm indifferent to. I can't remember any sports game where the colour guy didn't start to annoy me, and it always happens well before the play by play guy. So, even though I don't really like either colour guy in The Show (though Lyons is far more annoying), their inclusion doesn't detract from the experience. Not for me.

Everything about this stream looks great. This year's game, as an overall package, looks to be the biggest leap forward in quite some time. I say it every year but kudos once again to the development team. And a hearty thanks for the long hours you guys put in so some knucklehead just outside Toronto can enjoy his favourite sport replicated in video game form as well as any game has ever replicated any sport.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 193 agentlaw13 @ 02/27/16 09:48 AM
I like the fact they added the commentary of saying a fielders name on some defensive plays.

I'm sure it won't happen on every play but it gives a little more immersion and life to the game than saying something like "and a diving stop by the third basemen". Small but nice addition in my eyes (well, ears).

# 194 WarningTrackPower @ 02/27/16 01:01 PM
This may be something to ask during the graphics stream, but I see the broadcast being able to use this as well..

Can we get the moon and stars in the sky? I'm not sure if the stars would be visible from field level with all the lights on (maybe they're visible?) but I can't tell you how many MLB broadcasts I've seen where they show a shot of a full moon coming back from a commercial break. It would be cool to have the accurate moon phases as well.

Just a thought...

# 195 HozAndMoose @ 02/27/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrackPower
This may be something to ask during the graphics stream, but I see the broadcast being able to use this as well..

Can we get the moon and stars in the sky? I'm not sure if the stars would be visible from field level with all the lights on (maybe they're visible?) but I can't tell you how many MLB broadcasts I've seen where they show a shot of a full moon coming back from a commercial break. It would be cool to have the accurate moon phases as well.

Just a thought...
Yeah man. That moon is one beautiful planet.

https://youtu.be/8kKFjkBtcg8

I used to hate Rex. But man he keeps things interesting.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

# 196 HarlemYankee @ 02/27/16 03:21 PM
One thing I noticed during Tulo's AB - After his single, the graphic says "20-game hitting streak" and the commentators just say "well folks, the graphic says it all" as if they just don't have a line recorded for a 20-game hit streak... I have always had an issue with stuff like that. It's as if once you get past like 12 games, they stop tracking the number of games in a hitting streak, but they'll mention that you have a 4-game hitting streak countless times.

It should be that every game you add to the streak should be more and more dramatic instead of generic.

Other than that, everything graphically is beautiful and the commentary seems to have come a long, long way.

# 197 viperman240 @ 02/27/16 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Dope stuff, wish jerseys moved in the wind though
Yeah thats one of the few things I would love to see implemented into the show ever since I saw it done in MLB 2k7. Its crazy to think that a game thats almost 10 years old had that and The Show still doesn't, here's hoping to next year.

# 198 Shakedowncapo @ 02/27/16 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman240
Yeah thats one of the few things I would love to see implemented into the show ever since I saw it done in MLB 2k7. Its crazy to think that a game thats almost 10 years old had that and The Show still doesn't, here's hoping to next year.
MLB 2K7 also ran at 30fps (half the frame rate of The Show)...Sometimes low 20's. MLB 2K8 was well downgraded when they decided to "try" 60fps.

# 199 viperman240 @ 02/27/16 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
MLB 2K7 also ran at 30fps (half the frame rate of The Show)...Sometimes low 20's. MLB 2K8 was well downgraded when they decided to "try" 60fps.
Thats true, but I would have much preferred they stuck with the engine they had for 2k7, the one they used for 2k8 and up was meh.

Also we aren't on ps3/360 anymore, so its doable now while maintaining 60fps.

# 200 adh5199 @ 02/27/16 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperman240
Thats true, but I would have much preferred they stuck with the engine they had for 2k7, the one they used for 2k8 and up was meh.

Also we aren't on ps3/360 anymore, so its doable now while maintaining 60fps.
dang 2k7 had good looking grass for its time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.