Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream has begun, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

...and here is the epic bat flip from Jose Bautista.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 Knight165 @ 02/29/16 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
this week is easily the most anticipated week for info on the game for me!
For me as well.
I'm excited to hear what changes are being made to franchise!

M.K.
Knight165

# 262 HustlinOwl @ 02/29/16 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Wasn't that done in the DD stream?

Well online franchise, online rated, game rooms,online hr derby (new format)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 263 tnixen @ 03/01/16 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
this week is easily the most anticipated week for info on the game for me!
But hasn't most of the franchise info been released already thanks to Game Informer a few weeks ago?

Anyway I hope we hear about extended Box Scores after completed games and also improvements to in game stat overlays that are shown for franchise games and around the league stuff.

# 264 nemesis04 @ 03/01/16 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
But hasn't most of the franchise info been released already thanks to Game Informer a few weeks ago?
I am sure there are more details.

# 265 tnixen @ 03/01/16 12:00 PM
IF MLB The Show will eventually mirror this kind of commentary stat Presentation in this video from MLB2k10 and even hopefully improve on it then MLB The Show is going to be down right incredible someday soon!

Also take notice how the Ball Ball runs to the plate after each at bat to pick up the bats lying on the ground at home plate MLB The Show is great at the little things so I hope to see that cool animation added to MLB The Show 17!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLbeQss2klM

# 266 Stolm @ 03/01/16 12:27 PM
Quote:
IF MLB The Show will eventually mirror this kind of commentary stat Presentation in this video from MLB2k10 and even hopefully improve on it then MLB The Show is going to be down right incredible someday soon!

Also take notice how the Ball Ball runs to the plate after each at bat to pick up the bats lying on the ground at home plate MLB The Show is great at the little things so I hope to see that cool animation added to MLB The Show 17!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLbeQss2klM
2K sounds like actual commentary, and a lot more natural, while The Show sounds like guys reading lines.

Whether that's just the talent, or the way in which the lines were recorded, I don't know.

Gary Thorne sounds amazing though, the devs should snatch him up and have him as lead, with Matt on the side.

# 267 Godgers12 @ 03/01/16 12:34 PM
What time today should we expect franchise info?

# 268 BL8001 @ 03/01/16 12:35 PM
I like when Thorne gives the update for the upcoming games with the graphic overlay of star players highlighted.

This might be in The Show already. Not sure, just saying I like that part of the 2K vid.

# 269 breakfastcat @ 03/01/16 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
What time today should we expect franchise info?
Who knows? The RTTS Dev Blog was released at around 1pm PST and the DD Dev blog was released around 6pm PST on their respective days.

# 270 vidgames @ 03/01/16 12:40 PM
Love Matt V on MLB Network but in a video game he sounds robotic and boring. However, the colot commentary is just as bad..they need to start from scratch with a new commentary team. Just like they need to start from scratch with new player models...until they do the show will be lacking a true next gen feel. Come to think of it just steal 2ks presentation and pitching interface and this game would be great!

# 271 ryanmc564 @ 03/01/16 04:47 PM
although its been mention a lot, it is really cool they included Jose Bautista bat flip in the game, but what would be even cooler is to have James Shields batting practice bat flip in the game, if you any of haven't seen it yet, go over to mlb.com and look for it, talk about a epic bat flip!

# 272 Syce @ 03/02/16 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Love Matt V on MLB Network but in a video game he sounds robotic and boring. However, the colot commentary is just as bad..they need to start from scratch with a new commentary team. Just like they need to start from scratch with new player models...until they do the show will be lacking a true next gen feel. Come to think of it just steal 2ks presentation and pitching interface and this game would be great!
unfortunately they have said they are not getting rid of Matt V anytime soon, so don't get your hopes up. i personally don't mind him but like they said in the stream it's tough trying to get the excitement out of him when hes just staring at a script. i am sick of hearing the same lines in 15 but its nice that they have resolved this for the most part for 16 so im very happy about that. this will be nice and refreshing.

# 273 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/02/16 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
unfortunately they have said they are not getting rid of Matt V anytime soon, so don't get your hopes up. i personally don't mind him but like they said in the stream it's tough trying to get the excitement out of him when hes just staring at a script. i am sick of hearing the same lines in 15 but its nice that they have resolved this for the most part for 16 so im very happy about that. this will be nice and refreshing.
From the way they were talking in the stream, this year they laid the groundwork for significant commentary upgrades. It sounds like next year is when it will really expand and change. I like Matty V, always have. And I wouldn't have any issues with Karros and Lyons if the lines they said were more pertinent and authentic and less repetitive and generic. Again, based on the groundwork they have put down with this year's commentary changes, it sounds like that will be much improved moving forward starting now, hopefully.

# 274 Sip_16 @ 03/02/16 09:15 AM
Calling now Mondays Gamestop video will be about PBR!

# 275 tnixen @ 03/02/16 12:09 PM
Looks like Russell is getting a video blog about "PBR" ready for us?

From Russell Tweeter.

# 276 ryanmc564 @ 03/02/16 12:15 PM
Quote:

From Russell Tweeter.
\
I hope they have comparisons shots in the video blog.

# 277 Cowboy008 @ 03/02/16 12:23 PM
Quote:

From Russell Tweeter.
I wonder if it's for the Gamestop Monday or if it's for when they do the graphics stream

# 278 tnixen @ 03/02/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I wonder if it's for the Gamestop Monday or if it's for when they do the graphics stream
I will guess and say it's for Gamestop Mondays.

# 279 Speedy @ 03/04/16 07:35 PM
Time to see that grass shine!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.