Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch livestream has begun, post your thoughts here!

For those that miss out, we will update this post with the archive, when it has completed.

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

...and here is the epic bat flip from Jose Bautista.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bobhead @ 02/25/16 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjrrockies
New guy here. What is stride hitting?
It's the same as timing hitting but you use a juicy piece of stride gum instead of a baseball bat

Spoiler

# 82 Speedy @ 02/25/16 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
That lighting though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, the PBR on this is just phenomenal. Look at the dimples in the wall!

My goodness...I cannot wait for this game.

# 83 Russell_SCEA @ 02/25/16 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
I wonder if there's a way to speed up some of the commentary on the bang bang plays. For example, at some point in the feed, there was a bunt or a dribbler up the third base line, the third baseman ran in and threw the ball to first for a bang bang out. The problem was that it went, throw, out, THEN Matt said something to the effect of "the throw, he's out!" I feel like something needs to be done specifically for bang bang plays. In real life, the announcer would be saying that either simultaneously with the ump calling the out, or a millisecond after. It wouldn't be a good second or two after the out is called. Ramone, any chance there's still time to look at the commentary on bang bang plays and somehow cut out the time in between to speed them up?

In a similar vain, and this may sound like a joke, but it actually isn't: is there any way to speed up EK's commentary? He is decent, but I think what causes him to sound unexcited is that everything he says is so deliberate and slow, almost plodding. I feel like if what he said was just slightly faster, it would change the entire feel of it.

Games done just bug fixing and critical issues now.

# 84 Knight165 @ 02/25/16 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Games done just bug fixing and critical issues now.
By "critical issue" I guess you mean getting out Knight's advance copy?

M.K.
Knight165

# 85 HustlinOwl @ 02/25/16 09:32 PM
online franchise still fast play only.....ouch buzzkill

# 86 HarlemYankee @ 02/25/16 09:33 PM
My main concerns at this point are: Will there be any new walk-off calls or animations? There seems like there's only been one walk-off animation for years.. Also I desperately hope that there are are new animations for winning the championship. It would be awesome if there were different sets of animations for clinching a playoff spot, winning the division, winning the DS, CS culminating in everyone going absolutely bonkers when you win the World Series.

# 87 Bobhead @ 02/25/16 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by og236

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is fantastic to see... All of these are EXACTLY what the commentary needed. I was already happy to hear we were getting commentary improvements but to see a list that aligns so perfectly with The Show's areas of needs... it's impressive, and incredibly exciting.

Edit: I have no idea how to resize images, sorry if that breaks someone's page

# 88 MCville27 @ 02/25/16 09:40 PM
Out of curiosity, would analog stride be an option that we could turn on or off? I know I'm in the minority, but I personally liked hitting without it in 2015.

# 89 Nero84 @ 02/25/16 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I'd like to see far less cut scenes when the catcher is throwing the ball back to the pitcher. When they brought up the game for LAD vs. LAA, the first pitch was taken and there was no cut scene or camera movement. It stayed in CF the full time.

I would honestly say I'd like to see it like this 50% of time instead of the seemingly 90% probability of a cut scene.
Agree with this 100% Real broadcasts don't have that many cuts during an at bat.

# 90 Cowboy008 @ 02/25/16 09:54 PM
Ramone, has the team finished working on the hair and beard options for created players or are they still working on them?

# 91 TheWarmWind @ 02/25/16 09:56 PM
You know devs, I'm starting to not appreciate these streams. I like 15. It is a great game. But you keep showing these streams and every time 16 looks more and more amazing. Then I go back to playing 15 and it just seems like so much less. Stop it devs y u ruining 15 for me?!

Keep up the good work, because in truth I am loving it.

# 92 Russell_SCEA @ 02/25/16 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Ramone, has the team finished working on the hair and beard options for created players or are they still working on them?
R.I.P. they didn't make it

# 93 vanillathunder98 @ 02/25/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
((( that's too bad. are there any other changes in the player creation suite as far as faces/hair go?

# 94 giants665 @ 02/25/16 10:24 PM
Will the new player cards be visible in RTTS?

# 95 Cowboy008 @ 02/25/16 10:30 PM
Quote:
Will we still have access to the hair and beard options that are in 15?

# 96 willithome @ 02/25/16 10:41 PM
Are there going to be any info overlays with the standings? It hasn't been in any game up to this point but I was really hoping to hear that kind of thing was added. Also I liked it when they used to bring up the out of town score board in the late innings also. Just very nice touch. Anything like that going to in this game? Thanks! Game looks crazy good! You guys out due yourselves every year!

# 97 mpulse24 @ 02/25/16 10:44 PM
Quote:
I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep a night since the new year. I'm basically surviving off red bull and kale smoothies to keep from passing out lol.
Damn, man. Once the game launches, set aside a few days to just sleep. haha and you might as well throw in a special thanks to Red Bull in the game's credits.....or...perhaps add a rare Red Bull and Kale Smoothies Ritual card? xD

# 98 ShowTyme15 @ 02/25/16 10:48 PM
Quote:
OUCH! That stings a little bit. Oh well maybe next year.

# 99 mkilcNYR @ 02/25/16 10:52 PM
I liked commentary, love where it can go in the future with the cognizant announcers (i.e. knowing that Richards just won his first game last outing instead of Matt just going "Here are his stats on the right side of your screen"). That being said idc about the commentary that much. It's a machine and unless I have Matty V. next to me in my den it just will never feel organic to me. Still, love the addition of player names ("Trout is sliding over, he's under it now....and he gets it for the easy out" kind of stuff) which really adds something and makes it feel less generic. Biggest thing though for me are the packages. I plan to use the Padres as my franchise this year and just having that difference between a more generic Fox Sports like local tv format as opposed to say a Sunday night game against the Dodgers on ESPN that would be televised nationally is huge and adds more depth and realism. Couple that with Sounds of the Show between innings and it really can feel like you're being shown on different channels on different days depending where you are. Super impressed though and can't wait until the Franchise stuff next week

# 100 bodhiball @ 02/25/16 11:16 PM
seemed like they skipped over the Crowd Emotion system? Did anyone hear anything about that? (improvements, additions, etc)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.