Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

After revealing the entire EA Sports UFC 2 roster last week, EA has begun highlighting specific ratings this week. Today they reveal the top 10 stand up fighters in the game.

If you scroll through the fighters on the official website, you can see the stand up rating for every fighter in the game, except for Mike Tyson. Check them all out and let us know what you think.

EA Sports UFC 2 ships on March 15 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pappy Knuckles @ 02/29/16 06:03 PM
96 Weidman? Even before Luke bodied him, I would've raised my eyebrow with that one.

# 2 Benz87 @ 02/29/16 06:37 PM
Ratings seem a bit higher than last year. I think last year's the highest rated striking for fighters was Rousey and Jones at 97.

# 3 nate1986 @ 02/29/16 08:29 PM
Surprised Rousey ain't in the top ten

# 4 fballturkey @ 02/29/16 08:57 PM
Other than Weidman and that I think they should all be knocked down about 2 points I can't complain too much about those.

# 5 JoeMimic @ 03/01/16 12:18 AM
Mark Coleman's standup is 90. That's about all I need to know.

# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/01/16 12:38 AM
The entire roster need a -5 on stand up. Rousey a 87 stand up ? Get real......To me she is average at stand up, more like a 81, no higher then 82. Weidman being a 96 is the biggest joke other then Mark Coleman getting a 90. Hell they gave Jacre a 91, WTF ? Royce Gracie even got a 84.

Man who did these ratings ? They need to be demoted.

# 7 TjJunior @ 03/01/16 02:25 AM
As long as I can change the ratings I'm ok with whatever they did. Not trying to intentionally demean anyone, but ratings on ALL EA sports games are largely jacked up. I'm convinced that they rate these athletes based off of public opinion and highlights. I'm not sure what they were watching exactly to make them think that Royce Gracie is an above average striker, but his stand up should seriously be under 70. He has one TKO victory and he had to hit Shamrock in the berries just to get into position to pillow him with hammer fists. This game and the one before it would have you believe that he regularly incapacitates men with his hands. At any rate, just give me the option to change the numbers as I see fit.

# 8 ged4eva @ 03/01/16 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1986
Surprised Rousey ain't in the top ten
Her stand up ain't that good

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

# 9 woody2goody @ 03/01/16 04:21 AM
McGregor is a good stand up fighter but 99 is a bit much. Mendes made him look fairly ordinary for most of their fight, and he's only just above average on the feet.

Weidman has no business being in the top 10.

No Thompson, Anderson Silva and Dos Santos in that list is a bit crazy when you consider Weidman is there.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

# 10 jeremym480 @ 03/01/16 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjJunior
As long as I can change the ratings I'm ok with whatever they did. Not trying to intentionally demean anyone, but ratings on ALL EA sports games are largely jacked up. I'm convinced that they rate these athletes based off of public opinion and highlights. I'm not sure what they were watching exactly to make them think that Royce Gracie is an above average striker, but his stand up should seriously be under 70. He has one TKO victory and he had to hit Shamrock in the berries just to get into position to pillow him with hammer fists. This game and the one before it would have you believe that he regularly incapacitates men with his hands. At any rate, just give me the option to change the numbers as I see fit.
Unfortunately, you can't change the ratings for reasons beyond my comprehension.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 03/01/16 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The entire roster need a -5 on stand up. Rousey a 87 stand up ? Get real......To me she is average at stand up, more like a 81, no higher then 82. Weidman being a 96 is the biggest joke other then Mark Coleman getting a 90. Hell they gave Jacre a 91, WTF ? Royce Gracie even got a 84.

Man who did these ratings ? They need to be demoted.
I think they look at finishes and if you have a lot of them, they rank you higher. For example, people love to trash Rousey's standup but before the Holm destruction, she stopped 3 of her previous 4 opponents by TKO (Davis, McMann, Correia).

Joanna hasnt done that. Holm hasnt done that. Tate hasnt done that.

So I dont mind an 87 given that its slightly higher than the overall average standup rating in the game.

# 12 aholbert32 @ 03/01/16 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
McGregor is a good stand up fighter but 99 is a bit much. Mendes made him look fairly ordinary for most of their fight, and he's only just above average on the feet.

Weidman has no business being in the top 10.

No Thompson, Anderson Silva and Dos Santos in that list is a bit crazy when you consider Weidman is there.

Agree about Weidman and Thompson but you need to rewatch Conor/Mendes. Mendes wasnt making him look ordinary on his feet. On the ground, yes but not on his feet. Conor has also KO'd 6 of the 7 fighters he's faced. Kinda hard to not give him a high rating when you are looking at results.

# 13 woody2goody @ 03/01/16 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Agree about Weidman and Thompson but you need to rewatch Conor/Mendes. Mendes wasnt making him look ordinary on his feet. On the ground, yes but not on his feet. Conor has also KO'd 6 of the 7 fighters he's faced. Kinda hard to not give him a high rating when you are looking at results.
I watched that fight again the other day, what I meant by 'ordinary' was that it was a much more even fight on the feet than it seemed at the time. McGregor didn't seem brilliant in the stand up on that occasion. Not saying that he's not very good, but he's not the best stand-up fighter in the UFC.

# 14 jeremym480 @ 03/01/16 10:15 AM
After seeing what makes up the overall on the UFC forums I'm a little less anxious about inflated ratings.

From the Beta:

I still wish we could edit them though.

# 15 aholbert32 @ 03/01/16 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
I watched that fight again the other day, what I meant by 'ordinary' was that it was a much more even fight on the feet than it seemed at the time. McGregor didn't seem brilliant in the stand up on that occasion. Not saying that he's not very good, but he's not the best stand-up fighter in the UFC.

Here is my question: What do you use to determine who is the best standup fighter in the UFC?

I tend to use KO percentage, knockdowns and the number of times an opponent is hurt as a big part of the measurement.

If you use stats: Conor has KO percentage of over 95%. On top of that he's knocked down a number of opponents in those fights.

Aldo isnt even close to those numbers. DJ isnt. Holm isnt. Rockhold isnt.

The only people that come close are Dillashaw and Lawler.

# 16 fballturkey @ 03/01/16 11:57 AM
Jeremy, that's a great point. 99 in standup doesn't even mean any of this stats are in the high 90s.

Although it does sort of make the point too that OVRs are inflated. OVRs don't matter though, at least.

Aholbert, I think you can look at things like KOs and KDs within a weight class, but when you're comparing two very different classes the comparison breaks down. You can't really compare MM to some random HW. The game handles that by capping each stat and judging fighters based on how close they are to the cap, which works.

I think that Conor having the highest standup ratings was pretty inevitable. At this point he's still a little bit of an unknown quantity, and if he gets exposed they'll probably drop his ratings some. If he continues on his current trajectory... I guess they'll have to put somebody at over 100?

# 17 woody2goody @ 03/01/16 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is my question: What do you use to determine who is the best standup fighter in the UFC?

I tend to use KO percentage, knockdowns and the number of times an opponent is hurt as a big part of the measurement.

If you use stats: Conor has KO percentage of over 95%. On top of that he's knocked down a number of opponents in those fights.

Aldo isnt even close to those numbers. DJ isnt. Holm isnt. Rockhold isnt.

The only people that come close are Dillashaw and Lawler.
You make a good point as he does finish a lot of people.

Like the other posters said, stats matter and not the overall ratings really.

# 18 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/01/16 02:45 PM
Me personally I don't judge stand up by finishes, I look at the over all body of work in their stand up game. Because you have some KO artists who have terrible stand up. Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell come to mind.

# 19 fballturkey @ 03/01/16 02:59 PM
They're good examples of why a stand up rating or OVR doesn't really begin to tell the story. Their power is great, but many other things that roll in to 'stand up' will be low. They should fight very different than a guy with middling power but great movement and accuracy.

# 20 aholbert32 @ 03/01/16 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Me personally I don't judge stand up by finishes, I look at the over all body of work in their stand up game. Because you have some KO artists who have terrible stand up. Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell come to mind.
What other factors would you use to judge it?

I'm not saying that KOs/Knockdown/Hurt Opponents are the end all and be all of standup but it should be a significant part of what determines if someone is good at standup or not.

I was having a discussion about Aldo and McGregor's ratings the other day with a Game Changer. He believes Aldo should have higher standup ratings than McGregor. His reasoning is that Aldo is a world class Muay Thai fighter and his opponents have mentioned how hard he hits.

My counter is Aldo has had 8 UFC fights. In those fights, he's stopped two people (Mendes and Zombie). Zombie's KO was due to an injury. He's only knocked down Mendes, Zombie and Hominick. He's really only seriously hurt 3 of his 8 opponents.

My point is if someone is GREAT at standup.....it tends to show in their results. For example from 2004 to 2010, people considered Cro Cop the best kickboxer in MMA. His stats backed that up. He stopped 14 fighters from strikes in that time.

Conor's stats back up that he's perhaps the best striker in MMA right now and maybe deserves that rating. Not the most accomplished but the best. Why? Because his standup has finished practically everyone he's faced.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.