Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, showing off the graphical improvements to the game this year, as well as the finals of the Developer Tournament. Post your thoughts here!

We will update this post with the archive link when it's over. Feel free to discuss here.

UPDATE: Here are the links to the archive (Part 1 - Graphics Improvements), (Part 2 - Developer Tournament Finals)

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The Kid 24 @ 03/17/16 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Another pitching delivery ruined with Matt Harvey.

I seriously hope they get someone different to mocap deliveries next year, because they've taken a pretty large step back the last 2 years.
Where did you see a video of Matt pitching?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

# 82 saintjimbo1885 @ 03/17/16 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Where did you see a video of Matt pitching?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
You see him pitching in the twitch stream from about the 58 minute mark.

https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio/v/54648146

# 83 Will I Am @ 03/17/16 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
I don't want to make a new thread for a couple questions, so I figured Id ask them here.

1.Anyone tell me if we can see foul balls go into the crowd this year??
2.can you see the flight of the ball come off the bat when you are on defense?? (I know last year they made it so you can see this while on offense. loved it.)
3. Can we use rosters from last years game?? example. I use fictional players. I wanted to use a fictional roster somebody made for mlb 15 last year?? is that possible, instead of making a whole new one this year.

thanks
With regards to #2.

You would have to be pitching from the hitting view to get the same view of the ball off the bat, wouldn't you?

# 84 tessl @ 03/17/16 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
What is wrong with rain delays? Rain plays a big part in a sport that is played in the Spring.

I'm not saying that there should be 45 minute delays. What I'm saying is that there should be:

A. Dynamic weather. A huge part of any outdoor sport is changing weather conditions. For example, a game that starts sunny but then get light drizzle late in the game.

B. Short rain delay cutscenes (tarps getting rolled out, etc.)

C. Games should be able to get delayed/rained out in season mode. If this happens, the game would be rescheduled. Or played later that day, which would be a perfect way to show off the new time of day lighting and shadowing they added to this game.

All of these things happen in the real MLB and need to be in a simulation game.
Rain delays for me would be a boring waste of time. Just my opinion.

# 85 Splitter77 @ 03/17/16 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
With regards to #2.

You would have to be pitching from the hitting view to get the same view of the ball off the bat, wouldn't you?
nope.
I hit and pitch from the pitcher view, and you could see the bat on ball contact when hitting only.
I use auto fielding- so that's why it wouldn't bother me if it was in the defense camera as well.

# 86 Splitter77 @ 03/17/16 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
1. I believe you will see a FEW more this year, IIRC.
2. That would it make it more difficult to play defense, especially on hard it balls. Unless, you're playing auto-fielding. Even then it could effect reaction time for preloading throws, of hard hit balls. Unless of course, you are using auto throw too.
3. [Sorry, you've reached your couple question limit]

Spoiler

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
so for #3- if somebody starts a franchise in mlb 16 with last years fictional roster file, can they save them as a mlb 2016 roster and post them on this site for upload in 2016??? is that possible?

# 87 thaSLAB @ 03/17/16 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
so for #3- if somebody starts a franchise in mlb 16 with last years fictional roster file, can they save them as a mlb 2016 roster and post them on this site for upload in 2016??? is that possible?
No. You'd have to start a franchise in 15, and then use year-to-year saves to continue in 16. The rosters are no good outside of that particular franchise (save).

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

# 88 Knight165 @ 03/17/16 01:31 PM
Or....start one in '15 with the fictional.....transfer it over to '16...making sure to start the franchise with CPU ROSTER CONTROL set to ON.....then once in '16 use the feature to export the players from the franchise and import them into a roster.

HOPEFULLY....CPU ROSTER CONTROL is still a feature so that we can utilize this.

M.K.
Knight165

# 89 actionhank @ 03/17/16 01:48 PM
A free roam camera that you could place in the stands would be fun to watch for sim games.

# 90 tessl @ 03/17/16 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Or....start one in '15 with the fictional.....transfer it over to '16...making sure to start the franchise with CPU ROSTER CONTROL set to ON.....then once in '16 use the feature to export the players from the franchise and import them into a roster.

HOPEFULLY....CPU ROSTER CONTROL is still a feature so that we can utilize this.

M.K.
Knight165
Hopefully this year if you don't use 30 team control you can carry over a save without being forced into GM mode.

# 91 1stbase @ 03/17/16 05:19 PM
The question might have been answered already so I apologize but how can you they'll the difference between if a player is face scanned compared to generic ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 92 cws @ 03/17/16 05:28 PM
Quote:
What is wrong with rain delays? Rain plays a big part in a sport that is played in the Spring.

I'm not saying that there should be 45 minute delays. What I'm saying is that there should be:

A. Dynamic weather. A huge part of any outdoor sport is changing weather conditions. For example, a game that starts sunny but then get light drizzle late in the game.

C. Games should be able to get delayed/rained out in season mode. If this happens, the game would be rescheduled. Or played later that day, which would be a perfect way to show off the new time of day lighting and shadowing they added to this game.

I couldn't agree more! This game is great, but it needs so much more to become the ultimate sports game. Dynamic weather and rain delays/rain outs are all part of baseball realism. Sorry, but more modes do not do it for me! Dynamic weather should have been in by now, considering how many years this game has been around. I like ultimate realism! It's a matter of priorities.

# 93 tessl @ 03/17/16 05:37 PM
I don't think this is hijacking the thread since Nick won the developer tournament and his favorite player was LaRoche - this is an interesting story.

Further details on the Adam LaRoche situation

# 94 MrOldboy @ 03/17/16 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbase
The question might have been answered already so I apologize but how can you they'll the difference between if a player is face scanned compared to generic ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Go look at Jorge Soler from MLB 15.

# 95 blingballa333 @ 03/17/16 11:00 PM
With all of this work done with PBR on surfaces, it make me hope they work on the players appearance a lot next year, because that is an area they really need to work on (skin textures and body models especially). It is great right now, but it can be better

# 96 RunN1st @ 03/18/16 09:13 PM
After all the footage... I only have one thing to say... Give the people the free-lance/sky cam.

# 97 headzapp @ 03/18/16 10:03 PM
Quote:

I'd like a cut scene of a tarp rolling out, even make a persons hat flying off and they run and get it. But I think it would bring more strategy. If it's raining with the dynamic weather, you can start with a light drizzle. Then each inning it gets worse. Finally have an ump call it. Cue the cut scene. Then after the scene you would go to the pitcher screen. Their stamina would be lower. Then you have a choice to bring them back into the game or have a new pitcher come in, which would have to make you think about the next game.

Even having a game cancelled. You get up to the date of a double header. You have to rest players, then split some of your squad for both games.
So, something which people don't understand why we would like a feature like this, would bring more to the game.

Plus as you're playing and the rain is getting worse, you will think is this going to get delayed or will we finish this game all the way through with no delay.

# 98 tbbuccaneer87 @ 03/19/16 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
I couldn't agree more! This game is great, but it needs so much more to become the ultimate sports game. Dynamic weather and rain delays/rain outs are all part of baseball realism. Sorry, but more modes do not do it for me! Dynamic weather should have been in by now, considering how many years this game has been around. I like ultimate realism! It's a matter of priorities.
I agree! Rotating future schedules needs to be in the game too!

# 99 ShowTyme15 @ 03/20/16 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I love the Show and buy it every single year and I think it looks a lot better this year with the PBR and what they've added. My question is why do you think they go into so much detail on things we will never see while playing the game? Such as the picture frames in a suite booth, or the nice reflections on lamps in certain areas. As this all looks really cool...when do we ever see this besides when they do fly cam streams like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because, someone will go looking for things like this and point out how wrong it is..............just ask merchant1874. In MLB 14 he did exactly what you just said and went into Safco Field and took a picture of the rafters at the top of the stadium and pointed out how it looked like a carboard cutout rather than a solid object. You might think it's pointless, but there will always be someone out there that takes it to the extreme.

# 100 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/23/16 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by showaddict
Love the game guys, unbelievable work this year as always. Played for 10 years and over the years it's slowly become the only game in my system.
Welcome to OS and nice user name

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.