Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Here is a new MLB The Show 16 video showing off all the jerseys and hats in the game this year. Post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 dran1984 @ 03/25/16 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
I really hate how some teams have a bp jersey that looks exactly like one of their Alts. Just replace one with another. I really love playing 90s or 80s era. I really wish each team has at least one from each era. Hopefully they can figure out a way to add more slots. I hate to admit but I would pay for a lot of missing jerseys. I'm sure others would to. 162 game season, so it's nice to have a nice selection.
At first glance you would think that would work. I had that thought too. Then I thought about the fact that they would still have to create all the new hats as well. It sucks that the new ST jerseys were revealed so late, that's not on SCEA at all.

They should have at least included the DBacks red jersey as a bp jersey since they revealed it as the new bp jersey back in December when they revealed the others.

# 42 masterchaoss @ 03/25/16 06:07 AM
It would be nice to change up the throwbacks from year to year I know there are some teams like the Rockies that don't have anything but it would be really nice to have the 50s Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants unis it would just be cool to have those and other throwbacks that are more associated with a team then whats be in the game for years. Like the Angels should have one of their sets as a CA Angeles set especially the ones form the 70s and 80s.

# 43 zippy2212 @ 03/25/16 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
This is pretty disappointing. They took out the CUBS road alt and basically subbed in the blue walking bear as the Road alt. So now there are two slots dedicated to the same jersey as the same blue walking bear is listed as the home alt. In all actuality the blue hasn't been worn in wrigley for years and that same blue uni is worn about 60% of the time on the road making it the defacto road uniform.

Oh well, at least the 82-89 roads are still in. I usually use those as my dark unis anyway. It's just frustrating as a Cubs fan to have like 2 slots dedicated to the exact same uni and 2 other slots dedicated to two very generic unis. Just 2 years ago for wrigley's 100th they had a lot of cool unis to chose from. I just wish a couple of thoses could have been subbed into to these slots. I'd love to see the baby blue pinstriped late 70s to 81 unis represented (I loved them on Ryno's fleer and donruss rookie cards).
I just hope the style guide has the Cubs throwback uniforms right this year. Not having the names on the back of the road throwback and red numbers on the home kinda make them as bad as the blank throwback old. So for me this year I may be stuck with just their current uni's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

# 44 ninertravel @ 03/25/16 08:05 AM
I don't know why they just release a DLC with uniforms or a patch, I would be happy t pay for more uniforms if the slots are the problem, guess they have a 9 motnhs cyle though

# 45 CMH @ 03/25/16 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
I don't know about the Seattly Mariners style guide but my sister works for the Giants and Ive seen the this years style guide.The black jerseys with the orange SF on the upper left corner of the jersey is in the style guide but not in the game according to the video I just watched.
Because while the style guide is obviously very important and has a huge impact on what uniforms show up in-game, it's not just about the style guide.

The answer is almost always lack of uniform slots.

I don't know why Russell opted for the style guide answer when slots has usually been the company line that makes much more sense in this regard.

Some teams also have way too many uniforms. Can't expect them all to be in.

# 46 adh5199 @ 03/25/16 08:59 AM
I would gladly take more uniform spots next year over improved player models.

Russell, why is the mlb so strict to the style guide for you guys but let's the teams wear things that have not been approved in that same guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 47 kehlis @ 03/25/16 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
I would gladly take more uniform spots next year over improved player models.

Russell, why is the mlb so strict to the style guide for you guys but let's the teams wear things that have not been approved in that same guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teams are responsible for updating the style guide when they make changes to their uniforms, not the other way around.

# 48 bb9 @ 03/25/16 09:25 AM
Are the uniforms the same in both the PS3 and PS4 version?

# 49 philmnn @ 03/25/16 02:12 PM
I doubt everyone feels the way I do but I'd just rather have current uniforms in the game before throwbacks if slots are limited. Like for Arizone, do we really need both sets of throwbacks when they're so similar?

Obviously the show is a great game led by great devs, but Jerseys seriously need to be a top priority for 17, and frankly has needed to be for a couple years. Not just missing ones, but the accuracy in regards to logo and number size/placement.

# 50 WMoore75 @ 03/25/16 02:15 PM
I was just wondering...since most teams wear the same hats with their alternate uniforms why not just rename hats by their colors eg.(red, red/black, etc.) Therefore you can eliminate duplicate hats and use those slots to add more uniforms....or do it not work that way?

# 51 SFNiners816 @ 03/25/16 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
I just hope the style guide has the Cubs throwback uniforms right this year. Not having the names on the back of the road throwback and red numbers on the home kinda make them as bad as the blank throwback old. So for me this year I may be stuck with just their current uni's.

I know what you're talking about. I don't use the 80s homes either because the numbers are messed up. It's too bad because the 80s angry bear shoulder sleeve logo is my favorite all time Cubs logo.

# 52 405Cowboy @ 03/25/16 02:40 PM
They've had the same throwback uniforms in since 13. Since they added the Pirates new alternate, they should have added yellow pants for the pirates throwback.

# 53 dran1984 @ 03/25/16 02:52 PM
Cubs have eliminated the road alternate for 2016. That's why it was taken out of The Show.

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/713437085697486850

# 54 sydrogerdavid @ 03/25/16 03:24 PM
I wish they would have replaced the Pirates road throwback with their old black jersey. With the yellow jerseys being the new home alt, it's just a wasted slot.

The same thing goes for the hats and probably for the pants. We could have had all the combos that they used in 1979 with a little more planning.

# 55 dran1984 @ 03/25/16 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I wish they would have replaced the Pirates road throwback with their old black jersey. With the yellow jerseys being the new home alt, it's just a wasted slot.

The same thing goes for the hats and probably for the pants. We could have had all the combos that they used in 1979 with a little more planning.
There are alot of wasted slots that they could utilize to add extra uniforms for teams that need them.

# 56 bcruise @ 03/25/16 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC22
So, the Cubs have all the same uniforms from '15...Expect, they took out their road CUBS alternates? WTF are these people doing?! Every ever year they screw up teams uniforms!
Dran's post.....3 posts up from yours.

# 57 SFNiners816 @ 03/25/16 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC22
Then The Show people had a slot open and did nothing with it. Still lazy from them.
I'm just wondering why they couldn't have maybe subbed in the Grey 1990 road unis that the Cubs wore against Cincy last April in the place of the former road alts.

But yeah, the Cubs now have one less jerseys as the blue walking bear uni is still in the home alt slot as well.

# 58 zippy2212 @ 03/25/16 06:00 PM
I was wondering if that was going to happen. They hardly ever wore them. Glad I bought one, lol.

# 59 dran1984 @ 03/25/16 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
I'm just wondering why they couldn't have maybe subbed in the Grey 1990 road unis that the Cubs wore against Cincy last April in the place of the former road alts.

But yeah, the Cubs now have one less jerseys as the blue walking bear uni is still in the home alt slot as well.
Throwbacks are more of a style guide/rights issue. They also won't put a random throwback into an alternate jersey slot.

Most, if not all, of the current alternates are in the style guide so they can be included if there is an open slot. The idea of using the "wasted slots" is to give those slots to teams that have a third alternate so they could include all of the present day jerseys in the game.

# 60 SFNiners816 @ 03/25/16 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Throwbacks are more of a style guide/rights issue. They also won't put a random throwback into an alternate jersey slot.

Most, if not all, of the current alternates are in the style guide so they can be included if there is an open slot. The idea of using the "wasted slots" is to give those slots to teams that have a third alternate so they could include all of the present day jerseys in the game.
I'd be fine with that. Because really, if they can't get better throwbacks for the Cubs then the generic turn of the century ones, those slots would be better served to allow the Dbacks, Seattle etc... To have their real 2016 uniform repertoire.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.