Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has just posted a quick Madden NFL 17 video featuring the new juke move, along with a glimpse of the new score bug/banner (WIP). We've posted an image showing the differences between Madden NFL 16 (top) and Madden NFL 17 (bottom). Watch the video here.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 TarHeelPhenom @ 05/25/16 01:56 PM
Did they put "ball carrier juke moves" in huge letters so we wouldn't be able to see OL/DL gap control interactions lol...I'm only half kidding.

# 2 Bigg Cee @ 05/25/16 02:00 PM
Looks good. Nice and clean juke I saw.

# 3 SolidSquid @ 05/25/16 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Did they put "ball carrier juke moves" in huge letters so we wouldn't be able to see OL/DL gap control interactions lol...I'm only half kidding.
Kenny vaccaro shoild be the force player on the play, instead of aggressively attacking the blockers outside shoulder to force Doug to cutback he just waits for the block to come to him. Granted we don't know anything about what difficulty it's on, when the video is from, or if there was a player controlling vaccaro. I'm not gonna worry about it as the video is simply a hype video.

# 4 BezO @ 05/25/16 02:12 PM
I saw some engaged player mobility. Nice!

Play side DE gave himself up too easily for my taste, looking like the same engage 1st than try to make a play after mentality.

Play side OLB should've stepped up as soon as the tackle blocked down. Instead, he waited for the TE to get 5 yards up field on him and engage.

The help arrow should've directed the ball carrier through that 1st seem.

C-
I know, I know, it's a juke vid.

# 5 SolidSquid @ 05/25/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

Play side DE gave himself up too easily for my taste, looking like the same engage 1st than try to make a play after mentality.

Play side OLB should've stepped up as soon as the tackle blocked down. Instead, he waited for the TE to get 5 yards up field on him and engage.

C-
Lol harsh, a lot of people don't understand the purpose of stretch and toss plays, it's not take it all the way out wide its find first daylight and hit it, and that's something Doug Martin is great at, would have loved to see him cut up sooner as you said.

# 6 mrprice33 @ 05/25/16 02:15 PM
Quote:

C-

It's a guide showing you where you will go, not where you should go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 7 howboutdat @ 05/25/16 02:17 PM
Id love to see that juke side by side with a juke from 16. Because i really dont see much difference. Maybe his foot slides out alittle more to right on the plant to cutback , but nothing that noticable really to me ....

# 8 Yanks1408 @ 05/25/16 02:19 PM
One of the most frustating things in madden has been that animations (tackling, juking etc) seem to exist at another wavelength compared to running animations. Instead of going from running to juking, there is a sudden speed up twitch.

The same can be said for the two players engaging in a block (non engaged- sped up twitch- engage). It really makes for a disjointed experience that takes away from any real world physics. It also limits my control.

# 9 Cowboy008 @ 05/25/16 02:24 PM
Don't really see a difference with that video and what we got in 16. Only difference I see is the button icon popping up over the players head telling him what move to do.

Quote:

C-
Maybe this was played on Rookie.

# 10 howboutdat @ 05/25/16 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Don't really see a difference with that video and what we got in 16. Only difference I see is the button icon popping up over the players head telling him what move to do.
yup i thought the same exact thing.But hey its NEW

# 11 Reed1417 @ 05/25/16 02:27 PM
Looked good to me. Not commenting on the other stuff though besides the scoreboard up top that looks different.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 12 MajorSupreme @ 05/25/16 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's a guide showing you where you will go, not where you should go.

Ohhhhhh.

I totally have been misinterpreting that since they announced it. Good looking out on the clear up.

# 13 Cowboy008 @ 05/25/16 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Looked good to me. Not commenting on the other stuff though besides the scoreboard up top that looks different.

I wish they would get rid of the EA Sports logo on the left side of the score bug.

# 14 DeuceDouglas @ 05/25/16 02:33 PM
Would have liked to have seen that second juke from the normal gameplay cam because it looked like it might have looked good from that angle. Other than that and the new score ticker, not much to take away from this, it's probably on Rookie or Pro. And I initially thought that guide was where you should go, not where you're actually going. Not really sure I get the point of it now but I won't be seeing it anyway so that doesn't really affect me.

# 15 jpdavis82 @ 05/25/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Would have liked to have seen that second juke from the normal gameplay cam because it looked like it might have looked good from that angle. Other than that and the new score ticker, not much to take away from this, it's probably on Rookie or Pro. And I initially thought that guide was where you should go, not where you're actually going. Not really sure I get the point of it now but I won't be seeing it anyway so that doesn't really affect me.

Most if not all of these highlight type videos are played on rookie to best showcase whatever they are trying to show us.

# 16 mestevo @ 05/25/16 02:40 PM
Pretty cool, do your blockers cut block in 16 like 80 does in this video?

# 17 Reed1417 @ 05/25/16 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Most if not all of these highlight type videos are played on rookie to best showcase whatever they are trying to show us.

That's exactly why I refrain from commenting on things from the defensive side of the ball in these situations.

# 18 aspengc8 @ 05/25/16 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
I think he kinda tried. Maybe its not that well done in the game, maybe the game is on rookie (my favorite all time "excuse") or maybe he's lowly rated.

EDIT: HA, as I post the rookie thing, look one post above.
yeah probably the difficulty setting plus he was also cut-blocked so there wasnt much he could do.

# 19 adub88 @ 05/25/16 02:49 PM
as a big advocate for better running animations i will say that new juke animation did look good and smooth. Again I'll reserve my excitement for longer gameplay clips. It's a start though.

# 20 PVarck31 @ 05/25/16 02:51 PM
I do believe Rex or Clint said that the prompts were only visible on rookie and pro. So I'm sure its one of those difficulties.

And that Juke looked very smooth and not twitchy.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.