Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video from GoodGameBro, showing off some gameplay, commentary and a fake field goal trick play.

Quote:
A few weeks ago, EA flew me out to Los Angeles to record some early Madden 17 gameplay. This is the second video that I've released, and I show off a ton of commentary with some of the new presentation changes too.

I tried to make sure that the Madden 17 gameplay focused on the new commentary guys, Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis. Some of the cuts on the video are a bit rough, but that's because I wanted to make sure you could hear the full audio of a lot of the segments. Best part? I believe only 40% of the commentary was in the game during this build!

You'll get some gameplay of Paxton Lynch & Jared Goff, but most of the gameplay focuses on the Denver Broncos vs the Oakland Raiders. If you guys have any questions about the game, feel free to leave a comment below & I'll try to answer a few of them!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 06/24/16 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisdo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8KwT4Y-xr0

A few weeks ago, EA flew me out to Los Angeles to record some early Madden 17 gameplay. This is the second video that I've released, and I show off a ton of commentary with some of the new presentation changes too.

I tried to make sure that the Madden 17 gameplay focused on the new commentary guys, Brandon Gaudin & Charles Davis. Some of the cuts on the video are a bit rough, but that's because I wanted to make sure you could hear the full audio of a lot of the segments. Best part? I believe only 40% of the commentary was in the game during this build!

You'll get some gameplay of Paxton Lynch & Jared Goff, but most of the gameplay focuses on the Denver Broncos vs the Oakland Raiders. If you guys have any questions about the game, feel free to leave a comment below & I'll try to answer a few of them!
First, thanks for the vid!

You said it's from a few weeks ago, so was it EA Play (I know it says that in the corner, just want to make sure)? If all of the videos that have come out recently are from that same build, that's encouraging that it might be only 40% of the commentary. Hopefully the moments like the dead air on the 2:00 screen pass won't be present in the final version.

I smiled when the CPU straight-up missed the FG at 1:40.

# 2 jpdavis82 @ 06/24/16 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

You said it's from a few weeks ago, so was it EA Play (I know it says that in the corner, just want to make sure)? If all of the videos that have come out recently are from that same build, that's encouraging that it might be only 40% of the commentary. Hopefully the moments like the dead air on the 2:00 screen pass won't be present in the final version.

Yes what we've heard in these videos is with the commentary at around 40%, all of these videos are from EA Play I believe. Rex said last night that this build was finalized in May and several improvements and bug fixes have been made since this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 noplace @ 06/24/16 03:37 PM
Game has a lot of potential.

# 4 Gilley @ 06/24/16 03:37 PM
I can't get over how cool the Coliseum looks in the game.

# 5 Armor and Sword @ 06/24/16 03:39 PM
Game looks sick. And again the more I hear the commentary and color....the more I smile.

It is so alive now!!!!

I will be imposing my own set of house rules on the trick plays...which look awesome BTW.

# 6 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/24/16 03:49 PM
Enjoyed the video but when Crabtree broke open on that pass, he was sucked into the tackler following. So ugly. Wish they could fix this. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

# 7 SolidSquid @ 06/24/16 04:07 PM
Why does some of the special teams stuff look so awkward? On the first shovel pass fake it like everything gets sped up when the punter makes the shovel pass. Then on the fake fg TD it's like everything slows down then speeds up once the kicker takes the pitch.

Also we really need to get some pocket awareness for cpu qbs, Marshall is laying at Carrs feet and he doesnt even attempt to step up or roll out or anything he just lets Marshall get up and sack him.

The potential is there though just gotta get the legacy issues ironed out.

# 8 seasprite @ 06/24/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Why does some of the special teams stuff look so awkward? On the first shovel pass fake it like everything gets sped up when the punter makes the shovel pass. Then on the fake fg TD it's like everything slows down then speeds up once the kicker takes the pitch.

Also we really need to get some pocket awareness for cpu qbs, Marshall is laying at Carrs feet and he doesnt even attempt to step up or roll out or anything he just lets Marshall get up and sack him.

The potential is there though just gotta get the legacy issues ironed out.

Looked like he had pretty good room and still a good pocket, so at this point that the defender is on the ground, didn't look like he was "laying at Carr's feet". Didn't look bad to me IMO

# 9 vannwolfhawk @ 06/24/16 04:34 PM
Good video. I loved the fg fake with the flip over the shoulder! That punt shovel pass was ridiculous though! Has that ever even happened in real nfl with a 10 yard shovel pass from a punter? Lol

I saw a lot I liked though! I do think having some counters with the fakes to counter the aggressive blocks is a good thing. Risk/reward.

# 10 BlackBetty15 @ 06/24/16 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Game has a lot of potential.
Agreed with this sentiment. Would like to see more defensive celebrations after big plays but not a big deal if not.

# 11 msdm27 @ 06/24/16 04:52 PM
Best video I've seen so far, both from commentary and gameplay standspoints (excluding the awkward silence at 2:00)

If they manage to improve/tune the pass rush as Clint already acknowledge they're trying to... Consider me hyped!

# 12 whoisdo @ 06/24/16 06:06 PM
Quote:

Sorry, I guess the trip to LA wasn't as long ago as it feels haha! But yeah, this footage was captured during EA Play using the same build they had for the public to play on the showroom floor. The commentary being at 40% gives me hope that we won't see "dead air" moments like that. There's a lot of commentary I heard during games I played on the showroom floor (with a headset on) that was so good during close games. I wish I had capped some of it for you guys!

I purposely incorporated the missed FG for you guys because I knew people would love to see that the CPU isn't automatic anymore. Long FGs are TOUGH as a user too. Adds a lot of drama to late game situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I can't get over how cool the Coliseum looks in the game.
Absolutely agree. The lighting looks incredible as it begins to get later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Game looks sick. And again the more I hear the commentary and color....the more I smile.

It is so alive now!!!!

I will be imposing my own set of house rules on the trick plays...which look awesome BTW.
Something to keep in mind is that trick plays are NOT going to be automatic. The devs mentioned that they tuned the success rate up for the EA Play build because they wanted the public to be able to experience the feature. Shouldn't be anywhere nearly as successful when the game drops in August (which is good news for H2H games).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Enjoyed the video but when Crabtree broke open on that pass, he was sucked into the tackler following. So ugly. Wish they could fix this. Otherwise I enjoyed it.
Definitely agree that it wasn't a great moment. I haven't seen as many "suction" moments when comparing it to M16, but you'll definitely have a few moments where it happens. Since the EA Play build was (I believe) from May 2016, I have hopes that they'll be able to eliminate a few more of these moments.

# 13 DeuceDouglas @ 06/24/16 06:16 PM
Mentioned this in the other thread with this video but one little thing I really liked was the accelerated clock running under two minutes. Been wanting to see that ever since I moved to using the accelerated clock.

# 14 noplace @ 06/24/16 06:18 PM
If they can tighten up player movement, suction tackling and line play with the tuning they're doing we could be in for a treat. Best looking video I've seen and it might have something to do with more of a sim style of play but I really like what I saw.

# 15 bcruise @ 06/24/16 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Mentioned this in the other thread with this video but one little thing I really liked was the accelerated clock running under two minutes. Been wanting to see that ever since I moved to using the accelerated clock.
That might have been because the CPU used "Chew Clock" to run the time down before kicking the FG (which the user can do too, btw). This has been present since the Chew Clock thing started a few years ago. I doubt the accel clock is going to behave differently in the last two minutes.

TBH I wish it would have called its last TO before trying to do that. Unless that "self-ices" the kicker or something.

# 16 DeuceDouglas @ 06/24/16 06:21 PM
Quote:
That might have been because the CPU used "Chew Clock" to run the time down before kicking the FG (which the user can do too, btw). This has been present since the Chew Clock thing started a few years ago. I doubt the accel clock is going to behave differently in the last two minutes.

Completely forgot about that possibility. You're right, that's exactly what it is. That's unfortunate. It's rare but it is beyond annoying to tackle the CPU in bounds with like two seconds left just to have them blink into FG formation and hit a last second FG like that.

# 17 SVCbearcat10 @ 06/24/16 06:36 PM
I thought they fixed the passing game. Lynch was super accurate and the DBs let theveryone WR catch the ball without much of a fight.

I don't mean to be super negative but that looks like the Madden of old still.

# 18 PVarck31 @ 06/24/16 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I thought they fixed the passing game. Lynch was super accurate and the DBs let theveryone WR catch the ball without much of a fight.

I don't mean to be super negative but that looks like the Madden of old still.
Not saying this isn't an issue, but the ratings were randomized at EA Play. So that might play a part in that.

# 19 whoisdo @ 06/24/16 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Not saying this isn't an issue, but the ratings were randomized at EA Play. So that might play a part in that.
Yup, you're correct. Randomized ratings on this build of the game, so I wouldn't read too much into which players are catching balls over defenders.

# 20 kehlis @ 06/24/16 06:50 PM
Great video but there were some commentary gaps. When Anderson took that screen pass and was running free nothing was said until the end of the play.

Not a big deal by any means but there is still room to grow with the commentary for sure.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.