Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.07 is available now. Below are the details we have so far. As we get more information, we will update this post.
  • Added new promotional item themes
  • Battle Royale tournament and reward changes
The normal maintenance is happening now, so you will have issues connecting until they are finished later this morning. With that said, let us know what you are seeing.

UPDATE: Here are the official patch notes.
  • Added new groundwork for future promotion Item deployment. (Promo pack stuff).
  • Changes to the Battle Royale rewards were made:
    • Rewards will now unlock after winning 3, 6, 9, 12, and 20. The rewards at 12-0 and 20-0 are of the same tier (highest).
    • There is a specific reward for being 12-0 and a slightly different reward for going 12-1.
    • Users will still be able to play to 20 games in order to get the trophy.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 07/21/16 07:14 AM
- Added new promotional item themes

- Battle Royale tournament and reward changes

Update history on the PS4.

# 2 bigjdotcom01 @ 07/21/16 08:49 AM
Awesome, no updated DBacks uniforms

# 3 HustlinOwl @ 07/21/16 09:16 AM
Was inquiring Monday what is this

http://theshownation.com/tournament_leaderboards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 Bullit @ 07/21/16 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
They will probably never update whole uniform set in a patch. Too much memory required.

# 5 sc050610 @ 07/21/16 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01

File sizes are way too big update uniforms with a patch. Have to wait until 17 for them to possibly update uniforms.

# 6 HustlinOwl @ 07/21/16 11:27 AM
Does 20 win reward still exist?

2 wins is now 3 wins
6 wins is still 6 wins
12 wins is now 9 wins
20 wins is now 12 wins

# 7 Themayorofawsometown @ 07/21/16 11:30 AM
I would think the ??? Is 20 wins

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

# 8 redsoxfan31 @ 07/21/16 11:31 AM
I'm curious if there are any plans to correct the matte helmets that have now been given to every single MLB team, not just the ones that actually have matte helmets

# 9 ShowTyme15 @ 07/21/16 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I'm curious if there are any plans to correct the matte helmets that have now been given to every single MLB team, not just the ones that actually have matte helmets
The matte helmets only show up in the edit player section for all teams. It's correct for teams that wear them in game.

# 10 baconbits11 @ 07/21/16 12:37 PM
Awesome, no full broadcast presentation with foul balls, no stat line after 1st at-bat, no quick count fix. They only seem to put up patches that have to do with Diamond Dynasty....like EA and Ultimate Team. Please Sony SD, don't fall to the Dark Side!

# 11 yount19 @ 07/21/16 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Awesome, no full broadcast presentation with foul balls, no stat line after 1st at-bat, no quick count fix. They only seem to put up patches that have to do with Diamond Dynasty....like EA and Ultimate Team. Please Sony SD, don't fall to the Dark Side!
It was inevitable that this series was heading in this direction as this is what video sports gaming has come to. With that said, this is still a very good game for us fellow "off-line" baseball fans...

# 12 HozAndMoose @ 07/21/16 02:11 PM
Quote:
What is wrong with quick counts?

# 13 baconbits11 @ 07/21/16 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
What is wrong with quick counts?
Quick counts are good to have in the game, but more options should be given to us, like in ASB 05. That game had random counts, smart counts, batter counts, pitcher counts, even a 0-0 count once in a while. They could also figure out how to allow us to switch a pitcher before the count is generated. This could be done simply by giving those pitches to the relief pitcher coming in. I'm saying this kind of stuff should be worked on before DD stuff.

# 14 jada855 @ 07/21/16 03:39 PM
Will Turning Showtime Off Work in patch 1.07?

I will be testing this shortly over the course of about 15 to 20 games while using a player locked SS. I will report back soon! Crossing fingers for 1.07 cause its been a huge issue since day one release!

Stay tuned Ladies & Gentlemen

# 15 Bullit @ 07/21/16 04:00 PM
First, last and only warning. I am tired of every thread turning into a "what I hate about the show" thread. I will close this and start handing out cards again if the nonsense does not stop.

# 16 yankeesgiants @ 07/21/16 04:19 PM
Patch notes clarity from the show nation website

# 17 saintjimbo1885 @ 07/21/16 04:37 PM
Good to see they are concentrating on the important things and not wasting time with gameplay fixes!!

# 18 Bullit @ 07/21/16 05:01 PM
I'm not playing guys. My phone and computer have been offline but I am back and the nonsense will stop.

# 19 jada855 @ 07/21/16 05:04 PM
Quote:
Quick counts are good to have in the game, but more options should be given to us, like in ASB 05. That game had random counts, smart counts, batter counts, pitcher counts, even a 0-0 count once in a while. They could also figure out how to allow us to switch a pitcher before the count is generated. This could be done simply by giving those pitches to the relief pitcher coming in. I'm saying this kind of stuff should be worked on before DD stuff.
baconbits11,

I hear what you are saying in terms of priorities but sadly it all comes down to money and sales. I speak from a perspective with industry and advertising experience where I witness this happen first hand on a daily basis.

# 20 Bullit @ 07/21/16 05:10 PM
The development cycle for this game is over guys. Any patch or patches that come out now will likely only be cosmetic. I can almost guarantee that the entire team is on 17 now, with maybe one or two guys keeping an on on the online data. Hopes for game play changes should just be moved to 17 and let go for this year's game.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.