Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

GameInformer has posted quite a few short video clips of various concepts and changes in Madden NFL 17. They include showing off the toned down aggressive catch, improved line play, new ball physics, throwing on the run, running game, defensive zones and more.

Make sure to scroll down the page to find them.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 SolidSquid @ 07/27/16 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
So to get back on track.... ""Core gameplay""is basically done ..... To show gameplay footage or maybe create or edit a player video and see exactly how it looks in the game would be welcomed. I will point one thing since EAPlay. In all the vids I've seen I have not once seen that Doug Martin juke that showed off the new juke moves. Is this harder to execute than one might thought? Or did it come down to no one really trying it out? These are some of the things I'd like to break down in videos once they become available..... You know... That core gameplay stuff
I'd like to think we didn't see it in EA play videos bc people just weren't used to the new running mechanics yet but there's always the possiblity that maybe the animation just doesn't trigger enough. We've seen it in the past when they add X number of new animations but only a certain percentage trigger regularly.

Time will tell but I'm eager to try it out.

# 102 roadman @ 07/27/16 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
So to get back on track.... ""Core gameplay""is basically done ..... To show gameplay footage or maybe create or edit a player video and see exactly how it looks in the game would be welcomed. I will point one thing since EAPlay. In all the vids I've seen I have not once seen that Doug Martin juke that showed off the new juke moves. Is this harder to execute than one might thought? Or did it come down to no one really trying it out? These are some of the things I'd like to break down in videos once they become available..... You know... That core gameplay stuff
I would like to see the alleged improved pass rush once vids are released.

# 103 hawley088 @ 07/27/16 05:20 PM
I see they still have the Spectrum in the background in Philly, it was demolished more than 5 years ago....

# 104 roadman @ 07/27/16 06:02 PM
I'm telling you, that developer tweet thread is a goldmine. Here is a discussion from a few weeks ago from Clint.

Basically, it's all about perception on the changes from EA Play to now.

Josh ‏@jpdavis1982 Jul 19
@ClintOldenburg @AmazonDon703 do you feel like the game has improved quite a bit since EA Play or vastly the same?

DP ‏@AmazonDon703 Jul 19
@jpdavis1982 @ClintOldenburg is it like night and day we're just fine-tuning?

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@AmazonDon703 depends on perception. It's my job so I see EVERYTHING. But that was alpha build and we're through beta now. It's big changes

that build is coming up on 12 weeks old now - and we're still working on it. I'd say it's improved, yeah

So, take it for what it's worth and then see the videos in the coming weeks.

# 105 SageInfinite @ 07/27/16 06:48 PM
I'd like to know if the qb sig stances have been added back. They were absent in the EA play footage....

# 106 Vollin @ 07/27/16 10:44 PM
Does anyone else think the Coliseum looks pretty bad in the Rams portions of the videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 107 mrprice33 @ 07/28/16 09:35 AM
I'm trying to figure out what difference it makes to get video on August 18 or August 1st, to be honest. It's not like it's going to sell out and you won't be able to find one.

# 108 SIR924 @ 07/28/16 10:11 AM
Impressed by seeing an Olineman leaving a double team block to make an attempt to pickup a blitzing CB. Running looks a little smoother, but still needs work.

# 109 SIR924 @ 07/28/16 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
agressive catch is toned down according to what?
Ratings and Ball Swat mechanic.

# 110 SageInfinite @ 07/28/16 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I'm trying to figure out what difference it makes to get video on August 18 or August 1st, to be honest. It's not like it's going to sell out and you won't be able to find one.

I think people are just accustomed to more footage by now, and also a different kind of footage. Some are just impatient. Definitely a little easier for you since you've had hands on time with the game.

As for me, I do miss the unedited off screen footage from past years, but I've seen enough to know what I'll be getting when I finally do play the game....

# 111 Vollin @ 07/28/16 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think people are just accustomed to more footage by now, and also a different kind of footage. Some are just impatient. Definitely a little easier for you since you've had hands on time with the game.

As for me, I do miss the unedited off screen footage from past years, but I've seen enough to know what I'll be getting when I finally do play the game....

It probably comes down to impatience for me. It's nice to see unedited gameplay footage rather than cut and curated moments. Will it make a difference? No, I'm buying it anyway. But I am excited about the game and would like to see more unedited gameplay.

# 112 roadman @ 07/28/16 03:41 PM
I see both sides of the fence on this one.

For some, the game is already pre-ordered, minds are made up and people will get the game without pre-ordering. For some, the minds are already made up and they aren't purchasing Madden.

I agree unedited game play used to be seen up to release, but that appears to be different at this time. I thought Rex said a few weeks ago that streaming will be in August, no? The calendar flips in 3 days?

I would think the people most interested in seeing the game play is the people that are still on the fence and not sure if they are moving forward or not purchasing.

I don't think there will be much change in people's opinions that are purchasing the game or not purchasing the game. Ohh, that looks good, oh, hey, look at that, or, same old Madden, not buying, I'll rent or get as a gift or not renting.

Am I wrong?

# 113 mestevo @ 07/28/16 04:41 PM
I don't get why you don't just engage those people instead of writing post after post abstractly criticizing a difference of opinion (or reasons, or excuses, or facts).

# 114 roadman @ 07/28/16 04:51 PM
I see that POV, Big, because I want to see the improved pass rush and see if the punter is still delayed before a punt block.

Honestly, I can't remember if there is anything more I need to see.

Up to this point, I'm taking Rex's word the pass rush is fixed, but I see the need to see it too.

# 115 mestevo @ 07/28/16 05:25 PM
...and your point? What are your last few posts hoping to accomplish (other than your last one trolling me)? Do you not understand why people have these views, trying to convince others, or just yourself?

# 116 mestevo @ 07/28/16 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The funny thing is I'm wondering the same thing about your replies to me? I do find the question mark trolling unique though, so kudos for that.
See, there's a nice start, you don't understand my viewpoint and asked a question instead of 3 paragraphs about why 'people' reply to things they don't agree with.

Where is the confusion with this question though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I don't get why you don't just engage those people instead of writing post after post abstractly criticizing a difference of opinion (or reasons, or excuses, or facts).
So maybe now you can ask one of those people why they wanted to see footage at EA Play but not now. Or did anyone actually even say that?

# 117 The JareBear @ 07/28/16 06:22 PM
I think you guys are both two of the "good guys" on this board. I think this may have just been a miscommunication.

# 118 mestevo @ 07/28/16 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think you guys are both two of the "good guys" on this board. I think this may have just been a miscommunication.
I take issue with you putting good guys in quotes, what does that even mean. And why does your name have a The in front of it.

OK I'm kidding.

Let's move on Big, I'll delete my last post (but send it to you in case you didn't see it, not right others did and judged either of us on it and you might not have seen it.)

Peace, love, happiness and early Madden footage for all. <3

# 119 Brooke2011 @ 07/29/16 02:18 AM
Honestly, we are all hardcore fans and like vampires we will suck up as many videos and blogs we can. We look for little changes that excite our expectation of the game . Not just what EA has as its top selling point of changes , but other little things that have more or less meaning to others in this community. Maybe we want to see videos of different colorways on the cleats, maybe its for the core gameplay of a pass rush vs pass blocking. Maybe someone is eyeballing what players have new scanned faces. We welcome any info for the grueling one month until release . Not so much to nitpick but to enjoy and appease our delight of a day that we hold just as joyful as Christmas morning.
So on that note I'm looking forward to any info or screen shots .

# 120 The JareBear @ 07/29/16 02:23 AM
I was watching the videos again. The more I think about it the more excited I get about punts/kicks being blockable this year. For so long that specials teams has, for the most part, been pretty boring. Glad they are getting some attention this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I take issue with you putting good guys in quotes, what does that even mean. And why does your name have a The in front of it.

OK I'm kidding.

Let's move on Big, I'll delete my last post (but send it to you in case you didn't see it, not right others did and judged either of us on it and you might not have seen it.)

Peace, love, happiness and early Madden footage for all. <3
My bad man. I was being sincere, I guess the quotation marks gave the wrong impression. You guys are great posters.

I agree about the "The" it sounds corny like there is some implied importance and probably gives a vibe of arrogance or egotism. That's really not what I am about and never meant to give that impression. I am planning on changing it next time I have some extra scratch to donate to the site for another name change.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.