Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has opened up their Madden NFL 17 player ratings database, where you can check all of the player ratings for every team. The Top 16 players at each position can be seen here.

Check out the database and post your thoughts!

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 NFLfan80 @ 08/05/16 11:46 AM
Surprised that Timmons, Shazier, and Dupree are so low. Also thought Tuitt should be higher.

# 162 KickassJohnson @ 08/05/16 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
How do you know KANE doesn't watch college ball? Is his football knowledge confined to just the NFL?

He could very well have done extensive scouting for the incoming rookies.
Extensive scouting where they're playing inferior opponents? This is the professional level, not college.

Jalen Ramsey's man coverage vs some WR from Wake Forest ≠ Jalen Ramsey's man coverage vs an NFL WR

My point is these ratings are not consistent. They need serious work from a team of people, not just one guy.

# 163 56thDown @ 08/05/16 10:02 PM
I don't like him but Mark Sanchez should feel disrespected.

# 164 Find_the_Door @ 08/07/16 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Extensive scouting where they're playing inferior opponents? This is the professional level, not college.

Jalen Ramsey's man coverage vs some WR from Wake Forest ≠ Jalen Ramsey's man coverage vs an NFL WR

My point is these ratings are not consistent. They need serious work from a team of people, not just one guy.
Ramsey is severely overrated IMO for a guy that some questioned his cover skills. He was projected as a box/rover safety for most teams (think Barry Church, Patrick Chung style).

That to me sounds nothing like a "shutdown" corner. Who knows, maybe he becomes the next Rod Woodson.

I just don't see himbecoming much to be honest. He may end up like Claiborne.

# 165 brza37 @ 08/08/16 05:25 AM
I like how RG Brandon Brooks finished Madden 16 rated 87 OVR and after signing with the Eagles as one of the top Free Agent OL he is suddenly dropped to an 80 OVR and lost 9 points in PBK, 3 RBK and 2 AWR. It wouldn't surprise me if he's also downgraded from Fast DEV to Slow.
I like how RG Brandon Brooks finished Madden 16 rated 87 OVR and after signing with the Eagles as one of the top FA OL he is suddenly dropped to an 80 OVR and lost 9 points in PBK 3 RBK and 2 AWR. He'll probably also be downgraded from Fast DEV to Slow.
I like how RG Brandon Brooks finished Madden 16 rated 87 OVR and after signing with the Eagles as one of the top FA OL he is suddenly dropped to an 80 OVR and lost 9 points in PBK 3 RBK and 2 AWR. He'll probably also be downgraded from Fast DEV to Slow.

# 166 jwing7 @ 08/08/16 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I like how RG Brandon Brooks finished Madden 16 rated 87 OVR and after signing with the Eagles as one of the top Free Agent OL he is suddenly dropped to an 80 OVR and lost 9 points in PBK, 3 RBK and 2 AWR. It wouldn't surprise me if he's also downgraded from Fast DEV to Slow.
Ratings have been tuned this year. Low 80's is now viewed as a solid starter. Something that a 87 overall would be in Madden 16.
Ratings have been tuned this year. Low 80's is now viewed as a solid starter. Something that a 87 overall would be in Madden 16.

# 167 Find_the_Door @ 08/08/16 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwing7
Yeah for example if you input Romo's Madden 17 ratings into Madden 16 he's a 94 overall - on 17 he's an 86.

# 168 roadman @ 08/08/16 12:25 PM
Quote:

How do you know it's just one guy? Is it because he is the mouthpiece? I know of at least two people working on ratings and there could be more. Plus, Clint helped out with the OL.

My point is, we don't know how many hands are being worked on for the ratings.

# 169 RogueHominid @ 08/08/16 12:35 PM
I really like the look of the ratings spread. It's nice to see teams with just a handful of guys over 80. Definitely a positive overall development.

# 170 KickassJohnson @ 08/08/16 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
How do you know it's just one guy? Is it because he is the mouthpiece? I know of at least two people working on ratings and there could be more. Plus, Clint helped out with the OL.

My point is, we don't know how many hands are being worked on for the ratings.
The number of people helping is beside the point, and I know there will be revisions, hopefully a lot of them. My opinion is this is a poor first effort. Seems the big name stars got fluffed up a bit too much in certain areas while others got the copy/paste treatment.

# 171 roadman @ 08/09/16 01:20 AM
Quote:
The number of people helping is beside the point, and I know there will be revisions, hopefully a lot of them. My opinion is this is a poor first effort. Seems the big name stars got fluffed up a bit too much in certain areas while others got the copy/paste treatment.
Then you can't just single him out if that is your opinion. He has another person working with him on ratings and who knows if there are others working with him?

If the ratings play out like the players and teams do, I'm fine with the ratings.

# 172 KickassJohnson @ 08/09/16 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Then you can't just single him out if that is your opinion. He has another person working with him on ratings and who knows if there are others working with him?

If the ratings play out like the players and teams do, I'm fine with the ratings.
If you read my post again you'll see I'm not singling him out. I don't care if it's just him or if it's 100 people. I said this iteration is a poor effort regardless of who is working on them and I hope there are lots of revisions.

I will also be fine with the ratings if they turn out to be right /generalities

# 173 roadman @ 08/09/16 10:08 AM
Quote:
If you read my post again you'll see I'm not singling him out. I don't care if it's just him or if it's 100 people. I said this iteration is a poor effort regardless of who is working on them and I hope there are lots of revisions.

I will also be fine with the ratings if they turn out to be right /generalities
If you re-read your initial post again:

They need serious work from a team of people, not just one guy.

That is what I initially responded to.

I agree they need more than one person doing ratings, but they've had one person doing the ratings for years and now they have two.

Also, feel it's too early to judge the ratings until spending time with the game and see how they play out.

# 174 GoJags904 @ 08/13/16 02:43 PM
Quote:
How do you know KANE doesn't watch college ball? Is his football knowledge confined to just the NFL?

He could very well have done extensive scouting for the incoming rookies.
Because Corey grant aka taillights at auburn plays fast and runs a fast 40 so I'll wait for u devs to explain...

Sent from my LG via Tapatalk.
Buy my New Single "Cray Cray" on ITUNES @ http://apple.co/28MBmhh

# 175 Gosens6 @ 08/13/16 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Because Corey grant aka taillights at auburn plays fast and runs a fast 40 so I'll wait for u devs to explain...

Well 1. I'm not a dev

2. I really could care less as to why his speed ratings are the way they are. It's a video game, and if you really don't like it, edit it to how you see fit.

# 176 GoJags904 @ 08/13/16 05:26 PM
Quote:
Well 1. I'm not a dev

2. I really could care less as to why his speed ratings are the way they are. It's a video game, and if you really don't like it, edit it to how you see fit.
Aww it's OK [emoji22]. Just make sure you request for the thread to be closed then before you get too emotional.

Side note:I knew we could edit, but still feel special as much as needed.

# 177 Gosens6 @ 08/13/16 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Aww it's OK [emoji22]. Just make sure you request for the thread to be closed then before you get too emotional.

Side note:I knew we could edit, but still feel special as much as needed.

If I could care less about ratings, why would I care if this thread stayed open or not?

Literally only replied in it because you decided to quote me. I'm so sorry your favorite rookie doesn't have 6 million speed. I hope you can sleep at night knowing such. I sure will

# 178 Scott @ 08/13/16 06:34 PM
Enough you two. Try and keep it civilized.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 179 BleedGreen710 @ 08/13/16 06:43 PM
I dont see how you can be frustrated with Corey Grant's speed rating not being high enough. he's tied for the fastest player in Madden 17. the ratings this year are all around lower. thats why 96 speed is the highest this year. seems to me that the fastest guy in the league is rated accordingly so theres really nothing to complain about.

# 180 GoJags904 @ 08/13/16 07:23 PM
Quote:
If I could care less about ratings, why would I care if this thread stayed open or not?

Literally only replied in it because you decided to quote me. I'm so sorry your favorite rookie doesn't have 6 million speed. I hope you can sleep at night knowing such. I sure will
I replied, just as everyone did, on the rating inconsistencies but your quote left you open for a jab. Even though my jags have been underrated for years I still call it as I see it and if you know we can edit ratings as most do then why comment at all if that's your main point. I'm good, but apparently your rehashing your edit point for your own self-defense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.