Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA Sports has opened up their Madden NFL 17 player ratings database, where you can check all of the player ratings for every team. The Top 16 players at each position can be seen here.

Check out the database and post your thoughts!

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 jfsolo @ 08/03/16 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason329
I think the spacing out of ratings is an improvement. However, why is speed something that seems to be raised and lowered with regularity. Take Keapernik for example, dude is fast. It seems just because he isn't a good QB that now they take his speed down? Same thing with people coming from college. You don't get slower in the NFL, a 4.25 40 yd dash is a 4.25.
An 85 in speed seems right for a 4.53, 40 guy, who is now 28 years old. He is tied for 5th in speed for QB's.

# 122 Find_the_Door @ 08/03/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcooks
Aaron Rodgers is great. He really is...but how does a guy have his worst year in some years because his number on WR goes down and still be ranked above the dual threat league MVP that went 17-2 and above the greatest qb ever? How is Cams awareness an 87, which is equal to Kirk Cousins. That's disrespectful. But guys like Romo, and Dalton, Stafford have higher awareness. Madden is biased. Cam and Tom Brady should at least have 97 ratings. 94??? Wtf.

Underrated
Cam Newton- MVP .Should be at least 98
Tom Brady- Goat should be at least 97
Michael Bennett- Best LE in the game. Can play all positions on dine. Should at least be 96.
Khalil Mack - Most complete OLB in the game. 1st team all pro at two positions. At least should be 97
Brandon Marshall- Vet that had 15 tds with over 1500 yds. Enough said
Matt Forte- Great overall PLAYER
Earl Thomas - BEST Pure safety

Overrated
Von Miller- Great pass rusher and can cover. Not the best OLB in nfl
Aaron Rodgers- Great but should not be highest rated qb. Had a down year without Jordy
Chris Harris Jr. -shouldn't be 2nd rated corner over pat, Sherman
Laveon Bell- Not that he isn't the best rb. But only one great season and him messing up so much. Ap still deserves that.
Romo is a more "aware" and proficient passer than Newton is.

# 123 underdog13 @ 08/03/16 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcooks
Aaron Rodgers is great. He really is...but how does a guy have his worst year in some years because his number on WR goes down and still be ranked above the dual threat league MVP that went 17-2 and above the greatest qb ever? How is Cams awareness an 87, which is equal to Kirk Cousins. That's disrespectful. But guys like Romo, and Dalton, Stafford have higher awareness. Madden is biased. Cam and Tom Brady should at least have 97 ratings. 94??? Wtf.

Underrated
Cam Newton- MVP .Should be at least 98
Tom Brady- Goat should be at least 97
Michael Bennett- Best LE in the game. Can play all positions on dine. Should at least be 96.
Khalil Mack - Most complete OLB in the game. 1st team all pro at two positions. At least should be 97
Brandon Marshall- Vet that had 15 tds with over 1500 yds. Enough said
Matt Forte- Great overall PLAYER
Earl Thomas - BEST Pure safety

Overrated
Von Miller- Great pass rusher and can cover. Not the best OLB in nfl
Aaron Rodgers- Great but should not be highest rated qb. Had a down year without Jordy
Chris Harris Jr. -shouldn't be 2nd rated corner over pat, Sherman
Laveon Bell- Not that he isn't the best rb. But only one great season and him messing up so much. Ap still deserves that.

Forte is fine, he's alot older and cant run like he used to.

Dalton and Romo deserve higher awr then Newton. They are better pocket passers

And yes Rodgers is the best Madden Qb, he is more mobile than Brady and throws better then Newton. Pretty simple.

They redid Ovr this year. Have to take that into account.

# 124 ajra21 @ 08/03/16 06:08 PM
phil dawson, the niners' kicker, has 92 KPW when the punter, bradley pinion, has 91. pinion has a monster leg. dawson, not so much.

it's stuff like this that is easy to fix.

# 125 TheGentlemanGhost @ 08/03/16 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
That rating is only used when they are open with no one within 4 yards or so, so it makes sense where it's at.

Those stats are a bit off and too close as well though.

Guys like Terrance Williams and Amedola are pretty high in those ratings (Williams 89 SPC & 88 CIT, Amedola 89 in both). That's still too high.

So many high 80s (85 and up) in CTH, SPC, and CIT at WR still. The gap hopefully isn't just with overalls (and just awr based), I still need to look at a lot of positions but it's not looking as promising as I hoped.

# 126 LowerWolf @ 08/03/16 07:08 PM
Jeff Driskel is as fast as Kap.

My Niners suck overall. Going to be a fun rebuild.

# 127 steeldee7 @ 08/03/16 07:38 PM
How did Artie Burns get an 88 speed and Jalen Ramsey get a 93 speed and they ran the same 40 at the combine. Please explain that.

# 128 kevlar_pso @ 08/03/16 07:47 PM
Vikings Moritz Boehringer WR 62 OVR 89 SPD 94 ACC 70 STR 87 AGI

Acc seems about right, I just don't see how Der Panzer is not the fastest WR on the Vikes roster. He had one of the top combine numbers for WRs in the draft. A guy like DeSean Jackson should be #1 or #2 in speed also. He is THE top deep threat in the league, period. My league won't be making the switch to M17 anytime soon. We will wait until the game has had enough patches to be playable. Once we do, if the attributes have not changed much, we will be doing some editing of the rosters. Limited to one, maybe two players per team.

I understand that the team is trying to change up the ratings. I am just surprised at how drastic it is in relation to each player in the game.

# 129 kevlar_pso @ 08/03/16 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunlmason
I noticed something interesting when I was sorting the data on Excel. Raiders, Rams and Seahawks all had one less player listed, at 73 total. While the Steelers had two less, giving them 72. All the other teams in the league had 74 players listed. I am guessing this is just because those teams had just dropped a few guys, and had not activated or signed anyone.

I guess I should have replied to the OP instead. haha

# 130 BreakingBad2013 @ 08/03/16 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar_pso
Vikings Moritz Boehringer WR 62 OVR 89 SPD 94 ACC 70 STR 87 AGI

Acc seems about right, I just don't see how Der Panzer is not the fastest WR on the Vikes roster. He had one of the top combine numbers for WRs in the draft. A guy like DeSean Jackson should be #1 or #2 in speed also. He is THE top deep threat in the league, period. My league won't be making the switch to M17 anytime soon. We will wait until the game has had enough patches to be playable. Once we do, if the attributes have not changed much, we will be doing some editing of the rosters. Limited to one, maybe two players per team.

I understand that the team is trying to change up the ratings. I am just surprised at how drastic it is in relation to each player in the game.
Because he doesn't play as fast as other WRs. He's a clunky runner when it comes to the NFL. He's going to be running in pads, and will not be even close to a burner in the NFL

# 131 BreakingBad2013 @ 08/03/16 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason329
I think the spacing out of ratings is an improvement. However, why is speed something that seems to be raised and lowered with regularity. Take Keapernik for example, dude is fast. It seems just because he isn't a good QB that now they take his speed down? Same thing with people coming from college. You don't get slower in the NFL, a 4.25 40 yd dash is a 4.25.
Speed moves because they shift their system. Hence 96 max speed. When you change systems, you can't keep everyone the same speed.

# 132 kevlar_pso @ 08/03/16 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Because he doesn't play as fast as other WRs. He's a clunky runner when it comes to the NFL. He's going to be running in pads, and will not be even close to a burner in the NFL
I guess that makes some sense. I suppose I just look to closely at combine numbers. Especially after that was such a big part of the draft evaluation in cfm for M16.

# 133 tryhardjuice @ 08/03/16 09:54 PM
Reading this forum was tough hahaha but everyone has an opinion i guess...

Just like everything else put out be EA lets give it a chance first and leave our biased opinions out the window for now. If you dont like them during release, change them.

I can guarantee after preseason this is going to look very different and by week 10 its going to look nothing like it. Take a look at the last roster ea put out for m16 and the first one. A worlds difference.

Remember last year when all the speeds were lower? I bet it will be something like that. I think it will all come together once we get some actual playing time in. For now, we will just have to deal with it.

Yes it seems like a lot of things dont make sense and this is why they need a a hired gun team and some EA guys(i actually dont know how it works lmao), like a lot of roster makers on here even to make these rosters. Set a team on and go down the list, look at stats and film and make these the best they can. But hopefully it will all make sense

# 134 steeldee7 @ 08/03/16 10:00 PM
Can no one from Ea or here on the board explain a 5 point speed difference between 2 players who ran the same 40 time at the same position and both are rookies, anybody on this forum with an explanation? I'll listen.

# 135 bspring3 @ 08/03/16 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldee7
Can no one from Ea or here on the board explain a 5 point speed difference between 2 players who ran the same 40 time at the same position and both are rookies, anybody on this forum with an explanation? I'll listen.

If you are alluding to burns and Ramsey still: according to NFL.com combine results, burns ran a 4.46 and Ramsey ran a 4.41...that would explain the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 136 steeldee7 @ 08/03/16 10:20 PM
Both are 4.4 5 10nths of a second results in a 5 point speed difference REALLY?

# 137 bspring3 @ 08/03/16 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldee7
Both are 4.4 5 10nths of a second results in a 5 point speed difference REALLY?

That is a similar gap to incoming rookies in drafts last madden. If I recall correctly: 4.43 was 90 speed and 4.42 was 91...I think 4.35 was like 97 or 98 or something around that

# 138 steeldee7 @ 08/03/16 10:31 PM
Thats good and all but burns got an 88 and ramsey has an 93 I would be cool if got atleast a 90 but an 88 for fast player in the real world is an insult to our intelligence. Again they both ran a 4.4

# 139 dxyyz1 @ 08/03/16 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspring3
That is a similar gap to incoming rookies in drafts last madden. If I recall correctly: 4.43 was 90 speed and 4.42 was 91...I think 4.35 was like 97 or 98 or something around that

Now a 4.40 is 92 spd 92 acc (Apple)
And a 4.41 is 93 spd 94 acc (Ramsey)

# 140 steeldee7 @ 08/03/16 11:09 PM
Exactly it makes no sense at all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.