Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Game Informer has posted a new Madden NFL 17 developer Q&A with EA Tiburon's Rex Dickson (creative director), John White (franchise lead designer), and Michael Hoag (presentation designer). The Q&A confirms formation subs will be included in a day one patch. Users will be able to update them from within CFM, including in the menus. Many other items are discussed, so make sure to give it a listen.

Source - The Sports Desk – The Madden 17 Developers Answer Your Questions

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 charter04 @ 08/08/16 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Same thing I said awhile back but it didn't go over well, maybe now that they claim to have it accessible in a CFM menu, pointing that out won't bother some. Curious to see exactly what they have added and if it's what was already available in-game, made accessible in a CFM menu or something else. Either way it's nice to have that ability back and kudos to them for getting it in the release patch.

Haven't watched the entire video, so going by JPDavis's cliffs, they seem to have added evidence to my concerns about them looking to take on more modes for M18 and beyond, as if they feel what's there now is solid. Also, like I've posted before, regardless of whether or not they can get the name rights to actual position coaches, the positions themselves are NFL authentic and should be added. Bill Belicheck isn't licensed to be in Madden but they still have a "head coach" position in CFM for the Pats, same thing should be applied to other coaching/coordinator positions. Include the positions, ie Offensive coordinator, Special teams coach, etc, getting the real people licensed to use their names/likeness is a separate addition.

My bad. You understood me

# 42 bad_philanthropy @ 08/08/16 09:04 PM
There is probably a company mandate across sports titles going to Frostbite to have "Story Mode" to lure in a new type of audience.

FIFA is doing it this year. Doesn't interest me at all, but I guess the curated sports rpg is something that's played well in NBA.

# 43 jpdavis82 @ 08/08/16 09:18 PM
Regarding Special Teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 44 prime21time37 @ 08/08/16 09:19 PM
Been reading about formation subs for a few yrs now. They finally get it in and people complain that it should have been in yrs ago. We are never happy. Yes, formation subs is an old feature, but the game was always lacking in other departments. Now with gameplay almost where it needs to be, formation subs should put this game over the top. I'm excited.

# 45 Cowboy008 @ 08/08/16 09:20 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to do another 32 team CFM this year.

# 46 eastcoast49ers @ 08/08/16 09:30 PM
This is the most pumped i've been for Madden in a longgggggg time.

# 47 jfsolo @ 08/08/16 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Regarding Special Teams

I was already pretty excited to play M17, but that screen has tuned me up a couple of notches.

# 48 avwhitechic @ 08/08/16 09:37 PM
A user-cam should be one of "THOSE BOXES " they check in the future. Madden is the only sports game without one....Glad to hear formation subs will be returning tho

# 49 reverend_heat @ 08/08/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I was already pretty excited to play M17, but that screen has tuned me up a couple of notches.
Oh #$@% yes! its bout time!

# 50 avwhitechic @ 08/08/16 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
So can we set formation subs outside of a game in the cfm menu?

It's a franchise mode only feature

# 51 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/08/16 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
It's a franchise mode only feature

You misread this.

The answer is yes, you don't set this in game, it has its own dedicated menu.

# 52 avwhitechic @ 08/08/16 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You misread this.

The answer is yes, you don't set this in game, it has its own dedicated menu.

I listened to the entire interview and I'm pretty sure he said Formation Subs would be only for CFM

# 53 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/08/16 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
I listened to the entire interview and I'm pretty sure he said Formation Subs would be only for CFM

Lol.. No one has said it was outside of CFM. He said can they be set OUTSIDE of a game IN CFM.

Again you are misreading his post and now mine

# 54 wordtobigbird @ 08/08/16 09:47 PM
Can't wait to get fast and physical with subs on D!

# 55 Brooke2011 @ 08/08/16 09:48 PM
Every year madden gets a players body shape or face wrong. It's great this year that you can edit that without creating a new player. Now having the ability to have the right personnel on kickoff's and extra points is totally going to change gameplay for the better.

I think if game planning especially on all madden makes the game more rewarding then this would take madden to another level. Going out on All Madden with adjusted sliders just to wing it with set plays from your playbook isn't going to cut it anymore. The reward will be more satisfying knowing that each week is not only based on your skills on the sticks , but your proper game planning for each team you face week in and week out.

# 56 Cowboy008 @ 08/08/16 09:54 PM
I wonder if we have to be the coach or owner in order to do formation subs? Would be nice if we could edit that and not have to take control over every coach/owner.

# 57 DeuceDouglas @ 08/08/16 10:23 PM
Good stuff. Hopefully this can pave the way for custom packages as well because IMO that would be a lot better. Only worry I have is how it's handled game-to-game. I was planning on doing a 32-team CFM already and this further incentivizes that I just hope the menu's aren't still so painfully slow.

And story mode, ugh...

# 58 Jarodd21 @ 08/08/16 10:25 PM
Hell yeah!!! I've been missing the feature since they took it out.

# 59 Find_the_Door @ 08/08/16 10:29 PM
Hopefully we can do formation subs for ranked games as well?

# 60 Hova57 @ 08/08/16 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

As to some other things in the Q&A:

I know that most of them don't want it, but I feel bad for the rare online competitive player who actually does want penalties and other realistic quirks of the game to be in the game playing experience.

I like seeing Michael Hoag talk about knowing that Special Teams teams still needs a lot of work, and seeing Rex nod in agreement.

I think that John White is right, he doesn't actually say it, but a lot of CFM folks are sleeping on Gameplanning this year. It has excellent functionality now.

People who don't like Beyond Broadcast presentation, sorry, it's clearly a core part of their design philosophy.
I saw that no penalties online rankes and was disappointed at the very least make a room where you can.

I think the game planning is gonna pay dividends in online CFM users it will make people play a little more honest..

Special teams blocking is a must setting up the blocks, breaking the block on kickoffs,punt return blocking and returns all need redone I hope they can pull it off for 18 maybe Frostbite might help,but looking forward to 17 for sure[emoji482]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.