Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 17 patch 1.06 is available now, weighing in at just over 600 MB. Check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 jada855 @ 05/09/17 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
I plead let me turn off the HR celebration camera & the slow motion 2nd tag base effect.. Please give me the option to turn gimmicks off, i can respect that some like these effects but please guys give us the option to play the way we want.

ARoid1313,

Are you experiencing the slow motion effect for the 2nd base tag in RTTS mode only when using player lock in a Play Now or Franchise Mode Game?

# 62 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/09/17 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
It's not that it's not there but it is just toned down A LOT.

Ok and we all get that BUT its there... this patch had nothing to do with chalk degradation or ever claimed it did.... thats my point.....what i dont like is there has to be a pissing match over it.... its there, toned down but there..... when things are upgraded or added or tweaked things may change....have any of you complainers played RBI baseball 17? Tell me what your thoughts are after that.... does anyone know how many features have been REMOVED from Madden almost every year? every thread about this game does not have to be a bashing negative thread.... i personally have probably logged more hours combined than most of you so yes i feel i have a right to speak up. Im not being a "fanboy" or whatever u wanna call it... i get nothing from SCEA and have no ties to them but cmon guys its getting old here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 63 bcruise @ 05/09/17 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
+1

I play with hook at default and have not seen this once. Bizarre.
QC was the only place I had ever seen it since release day. And not even there since 1.05. And it's no small sample size - I don't have the exact numbers since I can't check my profile without updating but I'd guess I'm around 200 games played (and that's not including all the CPU vs CPU I've watched).

I just don't get it.

# 64 tree3five @ 05/09/17 03:03 PM
Quote:
I plead let me turn off the HR celebration camera & the slow motion 2nd tag base effect.. Please give me the option to turn gimmicks off, i can respect that some like these effects but please guys give us the option to play the way we want.

I could not agree more. And we need the option to turn off the manager whistle and OSD.

# 65 Glenn33 @ 05/09/17 03:12 PM
Quote:
I'm really asking - this bothers people? The HR Celebration get's skipped immediately once you hit the X button [I never watch the opposing team's celebration - I'm too pissed off] and the slow motion tag only happens on close tags. I see that maybe once every 5 games. I forget that's even in the game half the time. I don't see how either takes away from the game...at all. And to call it a gimmick? I don't see it.

# 66 KnightTemplar @ 05/09/17 03:16 PM
2nd QC game. After 6 innings 0-0 and the opposing pitcher has come out for the 7th inning having thrown 83 pitches. So the aforementioned problem being back, I haven't see in my first two games.

# 67 mdiggitydawg @ 05/09/17 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Well that's a little unsettling seeing as they fixed this with the patch before. I wonder what they could have done with this patch that somehow reversed the SP fix from the prior patch as surely it wasn't by design.

Out of curiosity do you remember how many pitches he threw in that first inning when you scored 3 runs?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I love the game, but yes, I feel they never "fixed" the starting pitcher hook problem, I find way too many times the opposing starter is getting pulled in the 5th after they have settled down following an early let down. If there was one issue I would love to see remedied it would be this. I still do not feel the game is a complete bust, as some have suggested.

# 68 KnightTemplar @ 05/09/17 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
I love the game, but yes, I feel they never "fixed" the starting pitcher hook problem, I find way too many times the opposing starter is getting pulled in the 5th after they have settled down following an early let down. If there was one issue I would love to see remedied it would be this. I still do not feel the game is a complete bust, as some have suggested.
Did you read my two posts (post patch QC games)????

# 69 KnightTemplar @ 05/09/17 03:30 PM
Hmmm.

NEVER had this happen. On AUTO base running, runner on first, batter hits a sure double down the line. Runner on first goes to second, rounds the bag a couple feet, goes back, runner rounds first stops half way between second. Both runners frozen. I then hit the shoulder button to advance the, but it's too late.

No, I didn't hit a shoulder button before this happens. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch. I took a video, but have no idea how to upload it.

# 70 ARoid1313 @ 05/09/17 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I'm really asking - this bothers people? The HR Celebration get's skipped immediately once you hit the X button [I never watch the opposing team's celebration - I'm too pissed off] and the slow motion tag only happens on close tags. I see that maybe once every 5 games. I forget that's even in the game half the time. I don't see how either takes away from the game...at all. And to call it a gimmick? I don't see it.

Your opinion, give me the option so I can do what I want with MY game . I see it as a gimmick and hate it personally

# 71 countryboy @ 05/09/17 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Ok and we all get that BUT its there... this patch had nothing to do with chalk degradation or ever claimed it did.... thats my point.....what i dont like is there has to be a pissing match over it.... its there, toned down but there..... when things are upgraded or added or tweaked things may change....have any of you complainers played RBI baseball 17? Tell me what your thoughts are after that.... does anyone know how many features have been REMOVED from Madden almost every year? every thread about this game does not have to be a bashing negative thread.... i personally have probably logged more hours combined than most of you so yes i feel i have a right to speak up. Im not being a "fanboy" or whatever u wanna call it... i get nothing from SCEA and have no ties to them but cmon guys its getting old here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Come on Ridin, those are unfair comparisons to make. Obviously The Show is a deeper experience than RBI baseball and not everyone plays Madden to make that comparison.

We are comparing '17 to previous installments and in certain areas, '17 isn't providing the same experience that some Show vets are accustomed to. It's not being a "complainer", its pointing out areas of the game that fail to meet one's expectations/standards. No wrong in that.

I openly admit that I've gone back to playing '16 because '17 wasn't providing me with the same joyful experience that I've had in the past. There are certain things, not going to disclose here because I've stated them previously, that I would like to see fixed in '17 and each time a patch is released I check it out to see if those things have been fixed or adjusted. And I will continue to check each time they release a patch.

Look I love the Show. And I'm a huge fan of the SDS development team. I don't believe there is a better, more devoted, more passionate development team out there. And I believe that '17 is a good/great game. But, just like every game before it and every game after it, '17 isn't without its faults. And for some, those faults prevent them from enjoying '17 as much as they have past installments.

I do agree though, that there is too much negativity on the forums these days, no matter which game you play.

# 72 JayD @ 05/09/17 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Hmmm.

NEVER had this happen. On AUTO base running, runner on first, batter hits a sure double down the line. Runner on first goes to second, rounds the bag a couple feet, goes back, runner rounds first stops half way between second. Both runners frozen. I then hit the shoulder button to advance the, but it's too late.

No, I didn't hit a shoulder button before this happens. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch. I took a video, but have no idea how to upload it.
Back when I was having these issues I kept telling myself there is no way I'm hitting the shoulder buttons. I apparently was without noticing while batting. Change the way you hold your controller.

# 73 bcruise @ 05/09/17 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Hmmm.

Select the video in your capture gallery and press share. Choose one of the services to upload to (personally I find Youtube easiest) and just follow the on-screen instructions from there. If you don't already have an account for the service you'll be prompted to create one.

Might check out this thread (especially knich's video links) and see if that's similar. It's not that auto baserunning isn't working - it's that it's getting disabled somehow.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-issues.html

That thread was pre-patch btw (and the issue dates back to at least last year), so it's nothing that this patch introduced.

# 74 Acts 4 12 @ 05/09/17 03:56 PM
I haven't had a chance to download the patch yet. Can anyone tell me if the "laser bunts" have been tuned at all. I laid a bunt down the other day with a pitcher and I swear it was a rocket shot to the SS. That is really the only issue that I've seen reported that I've personally been affected by.

# 75 Glenn33 @ 05/09/17 03:57 PM
Quote:
Your opinion, give me the option so I can do what I want with MY game . I see it as a gimmick and hate it personally
To be clear - I am not insulting your opinion. It just seems like a trend [on these boards] is to call any feature not liked in the game a "gimmick". I think the term is not used properly. But that's just me - that's my problem.

But as far as playing the game how YOU want to play it - can't you just turn all the cutscenes off [quick play/mode..whatever the presentation option is called]? Won't that solve your problem?

# 76 MDgolf @ 05/09/17 04:02 PM
Just had a home run inside the foul pole at rogers centre called a Gould ball again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 77 djep @ 05/09/17 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
I'm in the same camp - I didn't notice any improvement on AI bullpen logic in the last patch. Still starters getting pulled in weird times and LRP making way too many appearances - which I guess sorta makes sense since the AI manager pulls starters so early in games so often. I'm thinking that which league your franchise is in and the designated hitter could be a reason why some people see this issue and others don't.

# 78 bcruise @ 05/09/17 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djep
I'm in the same camp - I didn't notice any improvement on AI bullpen logic in the last patch. Still starters getting pulled in weird times and LRP making way too many appearances - which I guess sorta makes sense since the AI manager pulls starters so early in games so often. I'm thinking that which league your franchise is in and the designated hitter could be a reason why some people see this issue and others don't.
It doesn't. I play NL ball and frequently see CPU pitchers throw 90-100 pitches before being taken out. If there's a game-on-the-line type situation with the pitcher spot coming up in the 6th or later, then yes I will see a pitcher's outing cut slightly short sometimes. That's normal. It certainly doesn't happen every time, especially if a pitcher is throwing well.

I've asked this before and never really got an answer because everyone fixates on pitch counts - for the people who still see this, what does the pitcher's energy (green bar) look like in these situations where you feel they're being pulled early? If it's below half and inching towards 1/4 they are tired and should be very susceptible to getting pulled. Dropping even below the 10% range or so means a starter will not recover his entire energy bar in a 5-man rotation with no days off. The AI must avoid this at all costs or else it will cause bigger issues with LR innings in future games/sims.

Also, since the game went and downloaded the patch anyway (oops...forgot to cancel it) here's my games played stats that I referenced earlier. I, uh.....might have undershot that estimate a bit:

# 79 seasprite @ 05/09/17 04:29 PM
I haven't noticed the pitchers getting pulled early...but that's just what I have seen. I wonder if it may have anything to do with time of season. Not sure the game logic is that deep, but are people noticing the pitchers getting pulled early in games starting in early May? Early in the season, its certainly acceptable to see pitchers pulled early as many teams do this IRL. Just my .02

# 80 bcruise @ 05/09/17 04:29 PM
BTW, here's an obvious fix in this patch that wasn't listed - for away games the Cubs now default to their alternate road uniform (the red C with the bear) instead of their Road '82. They wear those far more frequently IRL than their grey roads so it's really just an "alternate" in name only. That probably means it's been fixed for RTTS as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.