Home

APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

This is a discussion on APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #81
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: APF 2K8 the victim of Biased Media?!?!? Not even surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
BK, I remember that game quite well. The reason I do is because a poster named Superior man, gave a profanity laced review of the game on another website. So i rented the game, everything he said was true, when I first put it in, i thought I had the ps1 version by accident, then the db play(much like madden does now) was totally ridiculous. The corner on the other side of the field would get to the ball before the corner that was guarding the reciever would etc...etc... That game was horrible! And I could not believe people placed it on the same level as 2k5 and all that it offered. Again, there is a reason why 2k5 is held as a classic and madden 05 is not.
Yeah don't see it that way. And if DB play is an issue, then 2k5 is just as guilty. 2k5 is held as a classic, for many reasons. Not all of them are due to the greatness of the game.

I think 2k fans such as yourself forget about some of the issues 2k5 suffered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
If APF is only half a game, what were madden 06-07? A tenth of a game?
Ha, yeah, no gameplay OR features.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah don't see it that way. And if DB play is an issue, then 2k5 is just as guilty. 2k5 is held as a classic, for many reasons. Not all of them are due to the greatness of the game.

I think 2k fans such as yourself forget about some of the issues 2k5 suffered.
The DI AI didn't work at all unless you moved up the difficulty in 2k5
Old 08-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #84
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's your opinion. The reality though is games are judged on a number of different factors.

And there may only be minor issues with APF's game play. But the fact is it's really only half a game. And with next-gen gaming, that just doesn't cut it.
Is franchise mode half a game? Or is it franchise and minigames are half the game... I get confused. And interesting how online features seem to mean next to nothing to so many people that are themselves online commenting on a message board. 2K5 had TONS of features, gameplay, franchise, online, innovation - things that are just being implemented today - which makes the game still relevant. Yet IGN had to rate it a tenth of a point less than Madden '05 which gave us... super DBs? Trying to think what else has endured.

Again, I don't mind the scores - but they're not consistent. Rating Madden 06 7.5 was a joke because it was horrible. Just was rating last year's game an 8.5. Reviewers can feel free to use the "we didn't like the previous two BUT rated them high" etc. caveat because they can get away with it. Madden was half a game last year, but the half it lacked was gameplay. Fortunately for the game it didn't get scored that way - not that it would've mattered

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
They didn't have to scrap franchise because of EA's antics. There is no reason to not have franchise mode in this game. And why is it EA's antics. Why is EA and EA only accountable. Why does the NFL not bear any of the burden for the licensing deal. The NFL is a major player when it comes to Exclusive licenes.

As far as Franchise vs. Online, considering 80% of the nation still doesn't have broadband, I'd say franchise. But since EA has online play and franchise mode, it's moot.

As far as what you smell or your experience, the facts simply don't support the fact that EA somehow is manipulating reviews. Why would they do that for APF vs. Madden and not the basketball games? If they were truly doing that, would 2k5 vs. Madden review scores been so close? It makes zero sense.

As I have said a billion times, EA is more than deserving of a lot of the criticism they get. But I swear, people are really reaching in any way they can to try to drum up stuff.
BK, you yourself said that you used to think that this was the case (ea bias). What made you think that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #86
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
The DI AI didn't work at all unless you moved up the difficulty in 2k5
Even then there was some quirkiness on certain routes. Remember everyone modifying rosters or playing with EQ on to help alleviate some of those problems.

I know for a fact there was a huge problem with Cover 3 vs. certain formations with a WR in the slot. I had many discussions with the developer on just that subject.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihategeeks
And that's evaluating a game based on a pre-determined expectation instead of judging it based on what it is.
I understand the logic, but it really doesn't count for much when it comes to game sites reviewing a game based on current expectations for next-gen games. APF excels in one department, and it falls short in two or three others. That's what reviewers see and what they base their reviews on. And truth is, if I'm paying $80 (with tax) for a game, I expect a whole game, not a half of one, regardless of whether it's a 2K game or an EA game.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #88
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
BK, you yourself said that you used to think that this was the case (ea bias). What made you think that?
Same as you, Gut feeling, not really based on anything factual. Just a feeling I had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »