Home

The All-Underused Team

This is a discussion on The All-Underused Team within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: The All-Underused Team

More on Troy Drayton. I've got him on two teams and have probably played 15 games or so with him. He's a poor man's Christensen. He's nifty in his routes and gets good separation with pretty strong cuts. His hands are good, he breaks tackles because of his size, he can leap, play split out wide, and catch some over the middle. He's best if hit in movement with a step between himself and the defender, but he'll come down with his share if he gets pounded by a safety or lb over the middle. I really like him in the seam, where he separates from the linebackers and out-positions the safeties if the ball is thrown with reasonable accuracy.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 20

OJ Simpson. Nuff said. Has a surprising amount of power (ran over Night Train Lane + Browner in my practice sessions consistanly), has the speed to out run everybody, and can break tackles + branching tackles. This guy is the real deal.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

That's funny. I actually booted OJ off my Trojans team for Marcus Allen just because OJ has fallen so far from grace that I can't even bear to have him carry the rock for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
That's funny. I actually booted OJ off my Trojans team for Marcus Allen just because OJ has fallen so far from grace that I can't even bear to have him carry the rock for me.
He kills it for me. I had to get a kicker though, because I suck kicking online. I used to have Okoye for that thunder and lightning approach.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

Just started toying around with a new 49ers team, one with Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, John Brodie, and Dave Wilcox on it, among others.

I like McElhenny and don't see him much. He's got good speed and agility, and I particularly like him in the passing game. He runs crisp routes and is a mismatch speed-wise for linebackers. He won't blow by them like Sayers, but the combination of above average speed and very good quickness makes him an asset when running routes, and he seems to me to have very good hands.

I also like Perry, and I find that he can break more tackles than you'd think for a 200 lb. guy. I think more people know about him than McElhenny, so I'll leave it at that.

Brodie is interesting. He's got a long delivery and not much arm strength. He's fairly accurate, but not extremely so. I find that he's best when used as a compliment to a solid running game. I don't play all that well with him when I've got to rely on him too much.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #118
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

well, I played this game online after a 2-month hiatus and am enjoying it again. I took my new team (which I had created 2 months ago but only used a few times) and completely re-did the uniforms.

Here's what the team looks like:

GOLD
Willie Brown
Night Train Lane

SILVER
Curt Warner
Jack Tatum
Len Dawson

BRONZE
Tom Rathman
Wesley Walker
Ricky Sanders
Bradley Van Pelt
And two DEs, I forget which though.

Anyway, I don't care much for Rathman as a blocking FB. However, it's nice to put him in the slot and keep Warner at HB in 3-receiver sets or put Warner in the slot and Rathman at HB. I may eventually drop Rathman for a defensive player.

Anyway, so I play this guy, his record was like 9-13 and he had a good feedback rating. He played pretty fair. I win 31-21. And, after 50 ranked games played, I still have a 100% feedback rating.

Dawson went 10-12 for 187 yards, 1 TD 0 INT. Warner rushed 25 times for 176 yards, 3 TD; 2 rec. 24 yards.

Warner had some nice runs, some big gains and was consistent at getting at least three yards up the middle. But...I still like Snell. Snell's power is ridiculous, I can break so many tackles with that horse.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

Warner was on one of my most dangerous teams, which I have since deleted because I like to keep it fresh. He's really good--fast and strong, and with good hands. I've never really given any other silver QB besides Stabler a try.

I have to say, though, the Rathman in the slot thing--did you ever watch the 49ers in the 80s & 90s? I don't think I've ever seen that one. Maybe they'd have won one more Super Bowl had they tried that. Mike Sherrard was always getting hurt, but Rathman would have held up better for sure
Old 02-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

Sportsdude, I gave up and finally put Snell on a team. It's a single back team, so he may not be the best back for it, but he performed very well and was crucial to my getting the win. He broke 7 tackles on 15 or so carries, caught 2 passes, one for a TD, and picked up some nice blocks in the passing game. I just beat the #62 guy with that team, so I'm going to ride it and see how far it goes.

I also put Theisman on that team, and he did okay. My line is set to run block, so he didn't have much time to throw, but I think he's decent. I'm interested to see how he plays over the long haul.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »