Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2023, 01:29 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Welcome:

We are here again, friends. After all these years. Since FIFA 14 for myself, and FIFA 15 with all of us as a community. That's a long time to be part of a community, let alone one that focuses so much on the same things of this beautiful game we love so dearly - and it's not FIFA or EAFC. We have always put our best foot forward in trying to get this yearly game playing somewhat close to the beautiful game, and that's all that matters. People say you can't fix anything with sliders, well no, it's not about fixing the game, it's about just putting your foot forward, taking steps and grinding out some kind of path that will let you look forward to the next match.

EA Sports FC 24 isn't much different on the field than FIFA 23, let's just get that out right now. However, there are some subtle things that were done that make it extremely promising. If you've grinded along with us, you'll know and appreciate just what those things are. It's by no means perfect, and it's 100% not a game designed for the likes of you and me. This is why we do what we do - and have a blast in doing it. So let's get to it. Some of the following will be repeat from last couple years, but it's good to have consistency.

Brief History and Origin:
We have been working on FIFA sliders since FIFA 15 as a community. The goal is always to achieve the closest realism the game gives us.

How we test:
Always in Career Mode. You are investing in sliders for a reason, and most of the time that is to play in Career Mode. So, it only makes sense to test in that same environment. With so many values to be looked at, and those values being in 1 point increments, it is very easy to come up with multiple versions of sliders. We will always test on Default first, then identify the main areas to look at. From there, it's about collaborating and finding workarounds for those problem areas. With sliders, it is always a balancing act, fix one thing - potentially break the next.

Also, for FC24, we are completely testing CURRENT GEN (PS5, Xbox Series S/X, PC). None of us own the old-gen of PS4 or XBOX One, and as a result we're not testing them. So, please keep that in mind before providing feedback.

Helpful Reminders:
As always, remember that the thread moves very fast. I will do my best to update this Original Post as much as possible. I have learned a lot about how to be the "project manager" of this whole thing, so if I do not respond to every post, it is either because it got lost in the shuffle, or that replying to it would deter the thread from achieving the goal of establishing a slider set.

The Main Rules of the Thread:
1. Do not post your own full set. This deters the entire thread. All slider values are relative to one another, so if we see a value like 30 pass speed with a line length of 70, then that's not relevant to someone using a 50 pass speed with a line length of 35. It's better to leave it out of the thread, and create your own.

2. Feedback in Animation. The Match Stats only give so much information. Telling us the CPU has 99% passing is not helpful. Were they passing the ball through the backline the entire time? Details are important, and throughout the years I have asked for details in animations. What this means is simply "What do you see"? Is the CPU having that high passing because your defending players are too slow? Too far away? Too wide? In the end, VIDEO NEVER LIES, so if you have video to provide - please do so. That will save so much time and less of a Q&A.

3. We are not your customer service. This is a collaboration space. No-one is being paid here by EA. Provide feedback because you want to help, not because you feel entitled to let us do all the hard work and you sit back and criticize.

4. Respect each other. Thankfully, we have not run into this issue as much, but there have been times where it's close. First, regarding myself, I am the project manager here. What that means is I am going for a goal, and discussion about conspiracies, theories or ET is not going to be helpful. Secondly, we all have opinions and some know how to filter them, some do not. There is a message there, so do not get offended if someone disagrees with you. We love the game, and just want what is best for it - so keep it civil!

5. Please keep general impressions in the FIFA impressions thread, not here. This is a solution based thread, and general complaints will be ignored. We understand each iteration of FIFA has issues, what game doesn't, but we are given the tools to find workarounds. Remember, this is a slider thread, which means the sample size of play is significantly increased. Chances are if you are having an issue, we have most likely looked at it.

Important information regarding Sprint Speed in FIFA/FC:
The dribbler is always at 50 speed. So the defending player will be at the Sprint Speed value, meaning if we have the CPU at a 35 Sprint, and the user is dribbling the ball, the user will always have the advantage as we are actually at 50 Sprint. This is why it can be easy to use R1 dribble past the CPU, or cut across the field to beat multiple players. So raising their Sprint Speed value to 50+ ensures these game breaking events happen less.
--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp: 3/24/2024 -

It's been just a bit over three months since Version 8 was posted, which means the base of the sliders were in a good spot. I think a lot of us are pretty happy with V8, but there's definitely some room to improve some noticeable areas that the progression of FC24 updates have brought to the table.

The main focus was getting some of the resistance back. The main issue seen was the CPU started to be able to pass into stride again, and basically be completely in-sync with their teammates. The hesitation was gone, and midfield battles just didn't happen as often. While there was welcomed improvement to the CPU's attacking behavior on the wings, such as not always performing a cut-back on Legendary, it was replaced with this perfect motion of "pass-and-move" that left an already passive central midfield well behind the pace.

We dropped the Run Frequency down to 20 form 35 to allow those runs off the ball be a bit more controlled so the CDMs are able to keep the ball in front, rather than be dragged out of position with the slightest of secondary runs. What results is a bit more attention to timing of the runs, but also how the CPU responds to having some resistance and being forced to be more mindful with the ball.

We've paired the run frequency adjustment with lowering pass speed and raising FT Control error just slightly to give some priority towards the ball physics where the ball velocity isn't so powerful on basic ground passes, and ensuring not every touch pops the ball up.

The main line adjustments are to Length and Width. We've increased the length to 35 from 32 to allow the strikers be pushed into the opposing defensive line, usually middle-third of the pitch, a bit sooner in transition. Since there was the positive update of less cut-back passes, the central midfielders can be pushed up just slightly, but not so much (above 35) that they do not drop into the box to defend.

The adjustment to lowering width to 48 from 52 was one of the more significant values as we had start to see too often the defensive line be spread wide and outside-backs losing their goal-side position. Having a more narrow defensive base set up through the pitch allows more attacking variety to bring the User and CPU to less mindless play.

One of the more "controversial" adjustments is Marking, which in the set is increased from 50 to 51. Marking is a very sensitive value, and with all the variations of tactics available to each team, it's increase has positives and negatives. I stated in our Discord that it's a "pick your poison" type of situation. For me, it's about covering space that I know the passive CDMs of modern day FIFA (FC) has not been able to do since FIFA 20. It should not take a individual instruction for the CDMs to cut off passing lanes or not, or chase down runners into the box if there is no defensive-line support. Some of the negatives of increasing marking can result in players being followed and dragged out of position, or at times some defensive indecision because they are being pulled towards another runner.

Other adjustments include lowering pass error for the Legendary CPU to reduce their tendency of making poor contact on reverse passes. This comes with raising the User's pass error just a bit so there is a tad bit of hesitation on the type of passes every player on the pitch can make.

Shot speed was raised to 50 and I'd say this is one that can go back and forth on. Higher shot speed obviously will create more dynamic play and introduce more chances for goals, but it also comes with some strange keeper animations. If you're having issues with it, revert back to 49 shot speed and assess.

The last adjustment is to even out the slow pace Sprint speed for Legendary to 50/50. There's just not point in being below 50 as there's no visual difference, and we know we need to keep the CPU engaged longer, so it makes sense to raise this.

Overall, FIFA...FC...it is what we choose to play. It comes with updates that can significantly alter the game, or not at all. Over the last couple months we have been quite happy with Version 8. Version 9 had enough momentum to modify some values, so here we are. I hope everyone enjoys it, and keep the feedback coming. Take care.

--------------------
--------------------
Thanks to discord testers: bman, laxing_ , Hapa90, jrn, TopSide, atsmash, Aaron458f, goblue8118, QB,Urkaun
--------

--------------------

Have trouble viewing the image: Click here to view the Doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...68&single=true

--------------------
Streamers (Twitch, YouTube, etc): Please message me or post in the thread to be added!

--------------------
--------------------
Version Logs:
The 8th Version:
Spoiler

--------------------
The 7th Version:
Spoiler

-------------------
The Sixth Version:
Spoiler

The Fifth Version:
Spoiler

The Fourth Version:
Spoiler

The Third Version:
Spoiler

The Second Version:
Spoiler

The First Version:
Spoiler

--------------------
FIFA OS Sliders Archive:
FIFA 23 OS Sliders
FIFA 22 OS Sliders
FIFA 21 OS Sliders
FIFA 20 OS Sliders
FIFA 19 OS Sliders
FIFA 18 OS Sliders
FIFA 17 OS Sliders
FIFA 16 OS Sliders
FIFA 15 OS Sliders
--------------------

Last edited by Matt10; 03-24-2024 at 09:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2023, 01:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC24 OS Community Sliders

Thank you!
Old 09-22-2023, 03:15 AM   #3
Just started!

Here at 8am on release day and we already have a slider set! 👏🏻

I played the beta and had a good Clubs session last night. It has been nice actually being able to turn an opponent and play a more varied game. For someone who plays FUMA, ping pong passing is neither possible or enjoyable!
Old 09-22-2023, 03:32 AM   #4
Pro

I had planned to buy the ultimate edition to get early access but unfortunately have to do work on my room which means I wouldn't been able to take advantage of it, so I have settled for the standard edition in the end. I'm so jealous of you guys right now

Roll on next week, where I'm sure the sliders will have moved on to V2 or even V3, lol.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:54 AM   #5
Rookie

I've recently bougth a PS5, can I use these sliders or are there ps5 specific sliders? Thank you for the sliders and the work you do, the fifa series would not have been playable without your sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2023, 04:23 AM   #6
Rookie

hecbel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanksKop
I've recently bougth a PS5, can I use these sliders or are there ps5 specific sliders? Thank you for the sliders and the work you do, the fifa series would not have been playable without your sliders.
all platforms
Old 09-22-2023, 04:59 AM   #7
Rookie

Another year more, thanks Matt and co for your slidders and feedback. Fifa or EA FC is better with your configuration.

I'm exciting to try my 10 hours, always career mode

Regards
Old 09-22-2023, 05:30 AM   #8
Rookie

hecbel's Arena

I'm trying the new Career Mode. New stadiums have BUGS. Like last years Nottingham Forest City Ground stadium, or Osasuna's El Sadar. Or Chelsea's Stamford Bridge in a corner kick. (Minute 03:11)

At least, in defauld stadiums, and maybe in old, not added new stadiums, this bugs are not happening.

Another error in my opinion is, when we are using the "behind the manager" camera, in the Elche video the camera is behind ELCHE's MANAGER, not behind MY USER MANAGER (Xavi Hernandez in my career). We should always view the game from OUR MANAGER perspective. I have pressed all the bottoms, but I'm not capable of swith from one or the other manager.

It just seems that camera works for the HOME manager.

On the bright side, CPU vs CPU can be a thing this year! Maybe a new slider set / thread can be opened for this.

Last edited by hecbel; 09-22-2023 at 05:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »