Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:12 AM   #9
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Demo didn't have them, but the full game does. I just played around with them.

So far guys, the game plays differently in CM than Kick-Off, as expected. I changed the following and it was instantly better.

Reason for change:

- CPU drilled passing is still OP from 16
- Twitchy animations in CM, makes pace of play feel fast
- Almost 5-7 players bombarding forward at a time

Accel 48/48
Pass Speed 50/50
Run Freq 30/30

I also did a personal preference of 55 shot error for both. I saw the CPU shoot from distance, and still bag 3 goals against me. Pretty awesome couple of games tonight. Of course, it's brand new, so we'll see how it goes through the progression.
Sounds promising. Can't wait to hear more...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #10
Rookie

Non Idoneo's Arena

OVR: 0

Hi guys,

sorry for my bad english.

If you set run frequency to 30, do you increase the CPU ping pong pass to near distance.

For now the very problem is the CPU don't commit foul at World Class (increase marking at 55), i'll try it at Legendary.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:04 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Idoneo
Hi guys,

sorry for my bad english.

If you set run frequency to 30, do you increase the CPU ping pong pass to near distance.

For now the very problem is the CPU don't commit foul at World Class (increase marking at 55), i'll try it at Legendary.
The ping pong was lessened (it wasn't too terrible before), but more importantly the pass speed allowed less drilled passing as option #1.

I'd be hesitant adjusting marking just yet because the marking is quite good. The fouls are there, but not in as much quantity. The focus should be on how players are moving. I don't want to introduce marking as a means to get more aggression, but screw up the excellent positioning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #12
Rookie

Non Idoneo's Arena

Quote:
The ping pong was lessened (it wasn't too terrible before), but more importantly the pass speed allowed less drilled passing as option #1.

I'd be hesitant adjusting marking just yet because the marking is quite good. The fouls are there, but not in as much quantity. The focus should be on how players are moving. I don't want to introduce marking as a means to get more aggression, but screw up the excellent positioning.
In World Class (i'll try this difficulty) if you set run frequency to 30, build is very stagnant in the middle and the cpu ping pong pass with midfielder and defender is increased and the % pass is increased. If you stay to 50 to run frequency, CPU will play better but are too players in offensive work.

Do you change the pass speed? Don't you think it's too speed?

In world class i don't see any foul in four games, i'm serious. Do you play in legendary? Do you see some foul?

Thank you for your work man and sorry for my english!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:54 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Snuck in some early testing this morning, a couple of thoughts.

World Class only so far.

Similar to FIFA 16:
- Sprint Speed determines the twitchy/speedy animations.
- Acceleration lowered results in bursting.
- Acceleration lowered too far results in stamina gauge remaining filled.
- Lowering Pass Speed reduces drilled pass effectiveness, but does not mean CPU won't use it.
- Increase in Shot Error means more shot variety/quality, distances, etc.

Possible difference from FIFA 16:
- Lowering Marking actually seems to make CPU more aggressive in tackles.
- Lowering Marking does not mean automatic burst.
Very brief video with the following settings:

Sprint 1/1 - Just testing thresholds here, seeing how far it can go.

Acceleration 48/48 - Tested 40/40, 45/45 and 47/47, all bursting, but did not test with the lower marking at the time, or the super low Sprint Speed.

Pass Speed 40/40 - Still the same with pass speeds able to reach 40-60 when drilled. Air Balls look much better, less loopy, except for set pieces, at times.

GK 40/40 - Too many two-handed saves, was interested to see if this does anything.

Marking 40/40 - Interested to see if it carries over from 16, seems to be, and does not seem to hurt the shape. I do see the outside backs tuck in a bit much, but not sure if that is relative to marking.

RF 30/30 - Seems to be a bit more contained. May bump it back up to 50 to see how the above works with that combo.

**Early days, so this is by no means a set, or is even necessary for others to test, as it is simply a "raw" test - that could change by the next post.

I highly suggest using the default sliders before doing any adjusting.**

Last edited by Matt10; 09-22-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:18 AM   #14
Rookie

Matt, great work from previous seasons, looking forward to your take this season.
Just wondering what difficuly you're playing at? Legendary?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Snuck in some early testing this morning, a couple of thoughts.

World Class only so far.

Similar to FIFA 16:
- Sprint Speed determines the twitchy/speedy animations.
- Acceleration lowered results in bursting.
- Acceleration lowered too far results in stamina gauge remaining filled.
- Lowering Pass Speed reduces drilled pass effectiveness, but does not mean CPU won't use it.
- Increase in Shot Error means more shot variety/quality, distances, etc.

Possible difference from FIFA 16:
- Lowering Marking actually seems to make CPU more aggressive in tackles.
- Lowering Marking does not mean automatic burst.
Very brief video with the following settings:

Sprint 1/1 - Just testing thresholds here, seeing how far it can go.

Acceleration 48/48 - Tested 40/40, 45/45 and 47/47, all bursting, but did not test with the lower marking at the time, or the super low Sprint Speed.

Pass Speed 40/40 - Still the same with pass speeds able to reach 40-60 when drilled. Air Balls look much better, less loopy, except for set pieces, at times.

GK 40/40 - Too many two-handed saves, was interested to see if this does anything.

Marking 40/40 - Interested to see if it carries over from 16, seems to be, and does not seem to hurt the shape. I do see the outside backs tuck in a bit much, but not sure if that is relative to marking.

RF 30/30 - Seems to be a bit more contained. May bump it back up to 50 to see how the above works with that combo.

**Early days, so this is by no means a set, or is even necessary for others to test, as it is simply a "raw" test - that could change by the next post.

I highly suggest using the default sliders before doing any adjusting.**
Haha, damn man I just sent you a PM about my initial thoughts, didn't realize this was even here already! You boys are quick!
As far as initial thoughts. Completely agree with the idea of "reigning it all in" slight reductions in sprint/acc combined with more significant lowering of pass speed and run frequency resulted in a really nice ebb and flow.
Positioning was the best it's ever been out of the box, and unless things change dramatically with the day one patch, line settings may only be needed for fine tuning, as opposed to full on correcting.
There's a huge huge difference in player quality. Star players stand out, and make a difference.
All over the pitch, the one on one battles are great. Once I get a handle on how to use and counteract the new shielding mechanic I feel it will be really enjoyable.
Shot and pass selection by the AI is quite varied, and it seems that thus far they are very adept at exploiting your club's weaknesses.
If you're overly aggressive on the attacking end, be prepared to pay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamashaun
Matt, great work from previous seasons, looking forward to your take this season.
Just wondering what difficuly you're playing at? Legendary?
Currently World Class. Haven't tried Pro or Legendary just yet, but will dive into it at some point this week.

Livestreaming tomorrow night, same time (10 PM CST) most likely. Trying to get all I can out of these 10 hours.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »