Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #441
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Something to keep in mind, I feel like I make this post every year lol.

Matt will keep testing things because it's his nature, but before the rest of you go too deep down the rabbit hole, just remember that there will be a minimum of 2 gameplay patches that will absolutely necessitate new slider sets.

I'm obviously not saying don't participate or anything, just to keep that in mind so you don't want to throw your controller out the window when a gameplay patch throws a wrench in the works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #442
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
Alright guys, gonna twitch a little bit of my games as Portsmouth with these sliders. Thinking of streaming 2 or 3 games.

EFL Cup (2nd game) home against Gillingham (EFL League 1)
Away at Exeter City (EFL League 2)
Checkatrade Trophy (1st game) home against Accrington (who I beat 1-0 in Matchday 1)

https://www.twitch.tv/mgl27
I'll try to watch on my phone. Followed you so hopefully get notified when you're on.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #443
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'll try to watch on my phone. Followed you so hopefully get notified when you're on.
Having some trouble getting it to start through Xbox One but will figure it out.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:43 PM   #444
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Something to keep in mind, I feel like I make this post every year lol.

Matt will keep testing things because it's his nature, but before the rest of you go too deep down the rabbit hole, just remember that there will be a minimum of 2 gameplay patches that will absolutely necessitate new slider sets.

I'm obviously not saying don't participate or anything, just to keep that in mind so you don't want to throw your controller out the window when a gameplay patch throws a wrench in the works.
Very true, and from what I've read of feedback thus far, the majority are well aware of the expected, and dreaded, patch update.

The one thing going right now is the physicality that has been a feature for 17. While it's marketed as a gimmick, its execution has actually allowed us to get the game we've always wanted in Set 2.

What I bet we will see is the return of runs off the ball being forward, forward, versus players checking to the ball, whether it be endline to endline (north-south) or to sideline to sideline (east-west). I can see the runs changing to basically having the player's back turning on the ball carrier much more.

If that should happen, I'll most likely expect to change to a 1/1 run frequency, and if it's like 16 for collision, a length discrepancy will be needed.

Or we'll just promote the crap out of this thread and advised not to update your game

Last edited by Matt10; 10-01-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #445
Rookie

Okay! We're up and running. Had to hard reset.

https://www.twitch.tv/mgl27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #446
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Absolutely loving Set 2. Couple screens from my first 2 games (PL away at Hull, EFL Cup home v QPR)...

First game was tough, also played on broadcast cam--which I won't be using anymore. No depth perception with the angled camera. Hate that, cause I really like the camera.

2nd game I was up 3-0 in 15 minutes lol. The two games definitely felt different from each other.

Really my only concern(s) are pass error and first touch. I feel like everyone passes too accurately, and has too steady of a first touch. I want to play some games with much lower rated clubs to see if this holds true.

These sliders are fantastic. So much fun now that it's not just end to end frantic play.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:56 PM   #447
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Very true, and from what I've read of feedback thus far, the majority are well aware of the expected, and dreaded, patch update.

The one thing going right now is the physicality that has been a feature for 17. While it's marketed as a gimmick, its execution has actually allowed us to get the game we've always wanted in Set 2.

What I bet we will see is the return of runs off the ball being forward, forward, versus players checking to the ball, whether it be endline to endline (north-south) or to sideline to sideline (east-west). I can see the runs changing to basically having the player's back turning on the ball carrier much more.

If that should happen, I'll most likely expect to change to a 1/1 run frequency, and if it's like 16 for collision, a length discrepancy will be needed.

Or we'll just promote the crap out of this thread and advised not to update your game
Hi Matt (and anyone else who might have an answer),

I'm wondering if it's possible to make it so the PS4 doesn't automatically download new updates for games, but asks for your confirmation first? Then I could keep the game as it is until I've checked back here to see how different the changes are.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #448
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Hi Matt (and anyone else who might have an answer),

I'm wondering if it's possible to make it so the PS4 doesn't automatically download new updates for games, but asks for your confirmation first? Then I could keep the game as it is until I've checked back here to see how different the changes are.
Yes--you can turn off auto DL

http://ccm.net/faq/36468-playstation...ds-and-uploads

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »