Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 11:13 PM   #449
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Absolutely loving Set 2. Couple screens from my first 2 games (PL away at Hull, EFL Cup home v QPR)...

First game was tough, also played on broadcast cam--which I won't be using anymore. No depth perception with the angled camera. Hate that, cause I really like the camera.

2nd game I was up 3-0 in 15 minutes lol. The two games definitely felt different from each other.

Really my only concern(s) are pass error and first touch. I feel like everyone passes too accurately, and has too steady of a first touch. I want to play some games with much lower rated clubs to see if this holds true.

These sliders are fantastic. So much fun now that it's not just end to end frantic play.
I have to say I'm addicted to co-op cam - you can see pretty much everything going on with no blind spots. I'm guessing that's what it's like to be Andrea Pirlo

I've played about 20 matches now with some variation of set 2 sliders, and I feel the same as you - pass accuracy and first touch are too faultless. I've tried League One teams too and there isn't that much difference on set 2 as far as touches go.

For first touch, I actually REALLY like it at 99/99 (right now it's the only thing I'd change about set 2). The touches are still generally really good, but you see the occasional mistake and there's a big difference between top teams and lesser teams. It also slows the game down more than set 2 alone, and in my opinion makes things even more realistic. On 100/100 the players have real trouble controlling air balls, so I don't recommend it as much.

For passing accuracy, I really don't have an answer. I've tried it as high as 75/75 and I still didn't see enough bad passes. So I'm happy to stick with 60/60 for now. I think the quality of interceptions in the set helps.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:22 PM   #450
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Cool, thanks!
Old 10-02-2016, 01:40 AM   #451
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
I don't think I'd recommend set 2 as a beginner set - it's really tough
I have to throw my 2 cents in after just completing my first game of my CM with set 2 playing on Professional difficulty....8 min

...OMG it was a blast. Best game of FIFA I have had yet. I felt like I was in control and would pay for stupid mistakes with chances for the CPU. There were times of pressure and times where there was not as much. Most importantly I enjoyed the crap out of it. I am not a good player and Professional for me is tough. This just felt, well, natural. Usually semi-pro is too easy and Professional is too tough. This was a perfect mix between the two and I feel like I can win games if I get better. (I was Man U below and actually won a game lol) If I play the way I played today a team like Barca or City would whoop me but I feel like the mistakes I say in the gameplay were 100% due to my lack of skill or dumb decisions.

2 cents - Go with set 2 on Professional. It's at least worth a try and was fun for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5562.jpg (472.0 KB, 144 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 02:03 AM   #452
Banned

Okay, I've only had the game three days, but with the help of you guys I think I've already found the perfect settings for me.

I play World Class, 15 minute HT, semi-assisted. Set 2 is amazing, and the only thing I have different is First Touch at 99, for the reasons in my last post. I doubt I'll be altering this any time soon, because I'm absolutely loving it.

So... has anyone looked into the injury sliders yet? I'm doing a test career as Liverpool and I think 70 frequency is much too high - I have six players out right now.

Here is a gameplay video of Set 2 with FT at 99/99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEB61WVkRko
Old 10-02-2016, 02:15 AM   #453
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel93
Okay, I've only had the game three days, but with the help of you guys I think I've already found the perfect settings for me.

I play World Class, 15 minute HT, semi-assisted. Set 2 is amazing, and the only thing I have different is First Touch at 99, for the reasons in my last post. I doubt I'll be altering this any time soon, because I'm absolutely loving it.

So... has anyone looked into the injury sliders yet? I'm doing a test career as Liverpool and I think 70 frequency is much too high - I have six players out right now.

Here is a gameplay video of Set 2 with FT at 99/99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEB61WVkRko
Matt and I were digging into injuries tonight during my stream...and we think that the slider is actually reversed. At 50/50 I had 4 guys out (3 of them for 3 months) in 5 games. At 35/25 another injury, another 3 monther...at 25/85, Matt said he saw guys getting hurt and instantly getting back up, and guys leaving the game to come back. I didn't see one injury even at 45/85. So...maybe it's reversed?
Old 10-02-2016, 02:20 AM   #454
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I believe Injury sliders are reversed.

Currently using 45 Frequency and 85 Severity.

- CPU player got injured, shook it off, and continued playing.

- CPU player eventually was on the sidelines, then came back in, and finished the game.

- User player injured, foul called, recovered, no injury noted.

*So yea, early days, but still.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:20 AM   #455
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

These may be the wrong sliders for me for Player Lock. There's so much defense that i'm getting constant 0-0 scores.

Remember I'm only controlling one player and I'm playing a midfielder setting up chances for my AI players.

What ya think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 02:26 AM   #456
Rookie

5280Italian's Arena

OVR: 2

Game 2 - Just as fun albeit frustrating. I used a different lineup and it felt different. I also used counter attack this time but I had a tough time getting the ball, simply because I suck. Rojo hit the crossbar on a header and Rashford was stopped on a breakaway by some great goalie play. My passing was less accurate and I am glad it was because Benfica pressured me high a lot and I faltered. Game 1 I was not pressured as much so I made better decisions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3139.jpg (465.7 KB, 131 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »