Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

My first impressions are positive (playing on PC, legendary)

- I cannot really tell why, but i like the passing more this year and crossing makes sense now and is not useless like in 17. Because after some patches in december or somwhere around that time, they nerfed crossing a lot and it was useless after that. After 5-6 matches in FIFA 18 i think it is more balanced.
- Players feel more heavy and pace is a bit slower i think, so in full game when you set slow speed of the game i think it could be awesome
- once again every second shot ends on the crossbar like in 17
- i think that AI on legendary is bit tougher than last year so that is great. But what i dont like is the fact that they have 100% shot accuracy on legendary. Whenever i allow AI to shoot from whatever situation from whatever distance, every shot is goal. I don't know if human GK is so bad on legendary, or if AI players have buffed accuracy, but its not realistic and not fun. I would prefer if AI played better on the field and have realistic accuracy and not the other way around
- lightning is crazy sometimes and when i play in La Bonbonera the colours are so weird that my eyes hurt from it
-rebounds inside penalty box are somehow more realistic. It feels better than last year.
-it looks like when you play against weaker or stronger teams this year, you can feel the difference. Because in FIFA 17, you could play against Barca or against MK Dons and they both played the same. But in FIFA 18 when i played matches like MANU vs MCITY or Juve vs Chelsea etc it was very different then when i played for example witth MANU vs Toronto.

I forgot a lot of things but overall i am pleasantly surprised but we all know demo in FIFA is not very representative of the final game, because EA tends to change things a lot in first patches.

Last edited by Molda22; 09-14-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #50
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

I found out you can change team styles in the db. 4 slots for both attacking and defending.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #51
Pro

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is going to be a long 2 weeks! I can only play a very, very limited demo for so long and having kicked the arse out of it yesterday for 5 hours I want the full game now! Lol! I'm sure there'll be a day one patch to mess everything up though lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #52
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

2nd vid regarding the demo, my thoughts on the Journey 2 plus some (Player Career mode?) gameplay and confirmation from EA regarding Career Mode training etc.

Enjoy! Cannot wait for the full release!

https://youtu.be/D6UqI7_cMg8
Old 09-15-2017, 07:36 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 6

The first thing im going to change on the sliders is raise Height. Teams seem to play to low most of the times...

Im also seeing a lot of shotīs hitting the postīs (CPU mainly). May be 2 clicks on shot accuracy will solve it.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
The first thing im going to change on the sliders is raise Height. Teams seem to play to low most of the times...

Im also seeing a lot of shotīs hitting the postīs (CPU mainly). May be 2 clicks on shot accuracy will solve it.
Agree with that!

Also don't you find the cpu over uses the "driven ground pass" when very often one would use standard ground passes. They do it also on very short distance passes. This type of pass is new to me at least for the user, did they introduced it in 17? I am wandering about the legitimacy of this type of pass in the first place as for me, this should be only a matter of power you put into your pass. Here you have no control on the power and I bet sliders hardly have any effect on that type of passes. My biggest cons so far with the colors.

I am streaming a bit by the way: https://www.twitch.tv/papinho811

Last edited by papinho81; 09-15-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
Agree with that!

Also don't you find the cpu over uses the "driven ground pass" when very often one would use standard ground passes. They do it also on very short distance passes. This type of pass is new to me at least for the user, did they introduced it in 17? I am wandering about the legitimacy of this type of pass in the first place as for me, this should be only a matter of power you put into your pass. Here you have no control on the power and I bet sliders hardly have any effect on that type of passes. My biggest cons so far with the colors.

I am streaming a bit by the way: https://www.twitch.tv/papinho811
Well, this is my personal opinion, so donīt take to much on it: last year the CPU overused this driven pass, but it was possible to tone it down significantly with sliders. Now, where i did disagree with most at the time was that this type of pass was such an important part of the CPU offense that by taking it away the CPU offense was much less threatening.

However, compared to last year, i think this year CPU uses it much less, but i can see that for a newcomer it might seem it uses to much. A matter of perception i guess...

Im going to watch your stream now! Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #56
Rookie

markor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes

I doubt the post issue can be fixed, unfortunately it's just part of FIFA now.

A "woodwork" slider would be great. Maybe FIFA 19

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »