Home

Penalties

This is a discussion on Penalties within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #57
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Penalties

solution for penalties is to.play on superstar.....im playing on 15 mind and last game i had a 4 on 3 in the 2nd period....3 penalties in.a.span of 1 minute....

superstar with 0 cpu difficulty has no ai cheats comrback ai...

cpu agrrssion 3/6
hit power 2/6
stick lift and poke check.eeffectiveness at max

game before that i had 7 pp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
solution for penalties is to.play on superstar.....im playing on 15 mind and last game i had a 4 on 3 in the 2nd period....3 penalties in.a.span of 1 minute....

superstar with 0 cpu difficulty has no ai cheats comrback ai...

cpu agrrssion 3/6
hit power 2/6
stick lift and poke check.eeffectiveness at max

game before that i had 7 pp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
thanks ill try playing superstar later tonight.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #59
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

For those not getting at least 3 PP chances with 8 min periods you gotta max penalties and cpu aggression but another key thing might be is I use Hybrid controls and I have no protect puck button so when the cpu forechecks and attempts to strip the puck I shield the puck or turn quickly as the attack and that draws all types of penalties . hope this helps as I cant be any clearer
Old 09-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJustyn
Has anyone tried making poke check eff and stick lift eff at 0 with cpu aggression at max... thus making computer take more penalties?? because its not that effective?? in a 10 min period?
I'm actually getting great results with the poke check and stick lift sliders increased. This causes more tripping and slashing when you (or the cpu) miss on a poke check or stick lift whereas decreasing these sliders seems to make the poke or stick lift not hit anything.

Also, I have not raised aggression at all and am getting spot on penalty numbers.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #61
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok just some food for thought guys as I saw someone suggest near default allstar sliders so I set up a game and only changed cpu aggression to 6 , faceoff to 4 and both hu and cpu strategy to 4 and goalie reaction and cover to 6 and I already have 2 PP in the first period alone with 8 min periods

So just like the show when everyone tries to paint there perfect picture it effects all other aspects of the game and causes many little problems so adjusting or gutting the sliders from near default is the actual problem .

UPDATE LOl I just got a 5 minute major and ejected with shaw on the hawks , I think this game at least penalty wise needs to stay near default on those key sliders , wow

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-17-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 12:50 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 14

The Aggression slider is not the key. You're giving wrong information again, just like you did for The Show and finally stopped after the Dev himself said you were wrong.

Maxing the Aggression slider makes the game play a little goofy. Might as well put a circus music in the background. Everyone is just bumping around and falling and over committing. I just played 5 games in a row on All-Star, Hardcore, 8 minutes, and only bumped up Aggression. I had 3 total power plays and I played each game as Penguins vs. Oilers. Every stat looked good otherwise.

Post some screenshots, from consecutive games, where you have 3 power plays per game while keeping the "penalties" slider near default.

The Penalties have been broken for several years now, and you're the only one that says "wow altito this and that i can make it play perfect wow 6 power players wow".
Old 09-18-2014, 12:57 AM   #63
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Maxing out the aggression results in even more horrid computer AI. Making it a cake walk through the defense as they jump out at you and constantly miss if you know the least of what you are doing.

The penalty sliders in this game have not functioned in the way that one would expect for years now. It is an oft-mentioned issue. Part of it is that EA bases it on playing 20 minute periods, which is antiquated to say the least. It is just one more thing that needs to be addressed in moving forward with the NHL series.

In the interim you can bump up all of the CPU penalty sliders for starters and work on puck possession. That is the most sure fire way to see results. The next place you may want to venture is bumping up the poke check and stick lifts as that usually results in more stick infractions. This comes at an obvious cost, of course.

That is about it for now.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:21 AM   #64
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok so after 3 games with adjustments above on allstar level on only 8 minute periods I had 11 pp and the cpu had 10 and I didnt even have to induce mine and there were all types that I didnt see when I played with heavily tweaked sliders .

So whoever says there not enough penalties or PP opportunities I would say make my changes and keep sliders near default because just like mlbts only a few clicks can change game play drastically so at least that mystery is finally solved so hopefully this can help some of you .

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »