Home

Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

This is a discussion on Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #33
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Im sick of all of this whining for NFL 2K5

Oh yeah, I am a huge fanboy of one EA football game. When ya'll get tired of getting frustrated about Madden this year read my sig and come visit. Then maybe try the NHL forum. That's where my "EA bias" lies. Both getting 9.0s from gaming pubs..... Broaden your gaming worlds......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-26-2008, 03:38 AM   #34
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysctroj
There was a lot of things wrong with that game. Instead of reading every thread devolve into 2K5 was better at this I want to start of list of things that sucked with that game.

1) it was to arcade like with the rapid pressing of buttons.
That is my #1 gripe with the 2K Football series. I just want to run fast. Do I have to develop carpal tunnel syndrome too?

Quote:
4) THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: THE COMPUTER DID TOO MUCH FOR YOUR PLAYER. (esp. the squeeze through the line animation)
As opposed to Madden's super mario running in place animation at the line of scrimmage?

Quote:
It wasnt that great of a game and All Pro really sucked.
Which is why it's still being measured against 4 years later. 2K's animations, presentation (especially their use of the ESPN license) and most importantly LINE PLAY puts Madden to shame. As far as representing the game of football, 2K is head and shoulderpads above Madden. Thanks NFL.

Last edited by speedkills; 09-26-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:13 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 24

I've never played NFL 2K5. But, from what I've seen, the presentation alone is phenomenal! It seems to encompass the same drive for accuracy and passion for the sport as the NBA 2K games (realism on a level EA has never been). 2K sports is the real deal, period. I'm not sure why I switched to Madden after NFL 2K3-good marketing I guess, and bein' young and dumb. But, let's face it, when games like NFL 2K5, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario Bros 3, Symphony of the Night, Bioshock, Gears of War 2, etc. come along, they're very hard to forget. Because they're the truth. The innovational backbones of the industry. And every game should be measured against them.
I don't know about you, but when it comes to sports games, I want the most accurate and fun experience possible. Any game that accomplishes that should be revered until something just as good or better comes along.

Basically, don't be a *****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 04:26 AM   #36
MVP

speedkills's Arena

And another amazing thing people tend to overlook - the developers of NFL 2K5 seemingly as an afterthought threw in a first person football mode and pulled it off. I know it wasn't used alot because it wasn't very practical but still consder what they accomplished on their first attempt. This is what the 4th iteration of Madden on next gen consoles and we're just now getting .... field goal nets. Well, to be fair they have the adaptive AI thing which is cool. But still.

I know this is beating a dead horse but imagine how much better both of these games would be if they were still competing against each other.

Last edited by speedkills; 09-26-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 AM   #37
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
I mean, is there a game in existence as overrated as 2k5?

Aside from presentation, is there anything it did or did better than Madden 2005? I can't think of any.
.....Obviously you've never played 2k5.
One look at the ol/dl interaction in 2k5,blows your whole theory out of the water. How about a nice forming pocket?.....I guess you didn't take the time to notice that the proper fundamentals are present.

Is 2k perfect? no.....but when it comes down to the fundamentals,in certain areas it blows Madden away....4 years later!
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-26-2008, 04:47 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

NFL2K5 + M05 were great games. If 2K were still in the game now, I have no doubt that we could of had the 2 greatest sports games ever made. But things did not play out like that.

Now we have a lot of 2K5 fans who dream of the return of those good old days. Hoping/Wishing/Pleading/Begging that by some sort of miracle 2K sports will release a NFL2K9 or 10.

But all 2K5 fans realize deep down. That the empire that madden built, will NEVER EVER LET THAT HAPPEN.

It's over 2K5ers, please try and move on.

It's still good to dream, but even if Obama went on to win the election. Sadly there still would be NO HOPE.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:02 AM   #39
MVP

speedkills's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysctroj
2) Plays were not true to life and unoriginal
NFL 2K5 / APF 2K8 has 3 and 5 step drop passing plays. As soon as that back foot hits you're supposed to get rid of the ball like in real life unlike Madden where you can scramble around, throw across your body and off your back foot and hit your receiver in stride.

During the St. Louis Rams' Greatest Show on Turf era with Kurt Warner and Co. NFL 2K1 Rams' playbook had all of these shifting formation plays that would create all kinds of mismatches with their speedy receivers like the Rams did in real life. I could routinely rack up 40 pt games with that team with not only their talent but their scheme. Madden's playbook for the Rams was basically indistinguishable from any other team. With Madden teams do not have their own character. You're basically playing against your slider settings and a different uniform week in and week out.

Last edited by speedkills; 09-26-2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 AM   #40
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

I liked Madden 05 a little better than 2k5 because I thought 2k5 had too many AI issues vs the CPU that made the game unplayable. I had the PS2 version so there was no finns editor and all that stuff to help out with the problems.

I also am a big fan of manually controlling my receivers and defenders to make plays...in 2k5 it just felt very strange to try and manually catch balls and swat balls away.

I wont for a second try and say that 2k5 didn't do certain things better than Madden because it surely did. Matter of fact, it straight up blew Madden out of the water in some areas.

I'm also in the minority that believes 2k4 was better than 2k5...at least against the CPU.

I do believe 2k5 was overrated though. If the presentation of 2k5 and Madden 05 traded places, I think peoples opinion's of the two games would be much different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »