Home

Just got the new PSM with football reviews

This is a discussion on Just got the new PSM with football reviews within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 07-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Just got the new PSM with football reviews

I don't know how to play chess either, oh well. Anyway it seems 2k fans are calling all Madden ballers stupid or something. Madden can be quite stratigic if your playing allmadden or against a worthy apponent.

PS

I may not be able to spell all that good but I do know sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 03:09 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

MedalofJack said:
I don't know how to play chess either, oh well. Anyway it seems 2k fans are calling all Madden ballers stupid or something. Madden can be quite stratigic if your playing allmadden or against a worthy apponent.

PS

I may not be able to spell all that good but I do know sports.

No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying in Madden, you don't really need to know the game to much to do well. In 2K you do. It doesn't mean the people who only play Madden don't know football, it just means they'd rather play a simpler, and fun game, which is fine.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:10 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

bucs44 said:
Well Im not letting some magazine determine my buy especially a psm. I play xbox and if sega made this a hell of a single player game, fixed AI,etc Im buying it. From what Ive seen in the videos in both games madden looks like 2003 with owner mode and Espn2k4 looks like they actually did some hard work (not saying they didnt have to catch up) but Madden looks like the first one they released on the ps2 launch.

Amen brother..i couldnt of said it any better. Too many people fail to see this and it just boggles my mind. EAsports milks the crap out of their Madden games every year by just adding a new mode here and new mode there and slapping the new year on the box. Sega on the other hand actually do major work with their game and it shows. Im not one to knock another game over another but i just give more respect to a dev team that actually tries to really improve their series then a dev team that sits there a milks their title 4 years in a row with minor improvments.

Another thing sega does that EAsports dont do is try and take advantage of the hardware for each platform their game happens to be on. EAsports just does a simple port which is another sign of lazziness.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:12 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Like I said many of times. It all goes down to jealousy and envy.

I think not. This is where you get me wrong. I even said that NCAA is an enjoyable game on many levels. But look, when a company tells you that they fixed X and you get the game and it is not exactly what they said, then you call them on it, at least that's what I do. I don't think I'm being too hard for that. Yes it is a game, but, there are some things that are just NOT FUN, namely 4 DB's vs 1 WR and the WR catches it. That's NOT FUN to me. That's a problem. But if that's fun for some people then hey, I say have fun. But in the end, I beleive a football game deserves BALANCE and the scenario painted above does not display that. Additionally, when the same WR who catches it in between 4 Defenders cannot catch a pass wide open in the flats, a problem that's been on madden since 2001, what's up wit dat?? That's not being hard, that's just pointed out what's there and what I've experienced with the game. In no way am I saying people should pass on the game for that, but at the same time, to sit there and act like such things are absent I shall not do. None of that has anything to do with jealousy or envy, at least I don't see. But, even with all that NCAA is a good game.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:21 PM   #85
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

Like I said many of times. It all goes down to jealousy and envy.

I think not. This is where you get me wrong. I even said that NCAA is an enjoyable game on many levels. But look, when a company tells you that they fixed X and you get the game and it is not exactly what they said, then you call them on it, at least that's what I do. I don't think I'm being too hard for that. Yes it is a game, but, there are some things that are just NOT FUN, namely 4 DB's vs 1 WR and the WR catches it. That's NOT FUN to me. That's a problem. But if that's fun for some people then hey, I say have fun.

I have no problem with you. I just got a problem with the Sega fans who get pissed when ESPN is'nt on top like they want it to be. So they belittle Madden and its fans with this conspiracy and/or Xs and Os crap. Last time I checked, both playbooks consisted of Xs and Os. Go figure.

I beleive if ESPN were to take the title of best football game this year, then Madden fans will give credit where credit is due. At lease I know I will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2003, 03:27 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

I have no problem with you. I just got a problem with the Sega fans who get pissed when ESPN is'nt on top like they want it to be. So they belittle Madden and its fans with this conspiracy and/or Xs and Os crap. Last time I checked, both playbooks consisted of Xs and Os. Go figure

I hear ya. This is a problem. Everyone is in camps, almost like denominational camps. And they all fight. Girl them baptists know they wrong LOL!! And no one looks for degrees of affinity between the two. Actually I know some guys who would never say 2k is bettter even if it is. They have already predetermined for themselves that it CANNOT be better, not only can it not be better, nothing else can be better. That mindset is in both camps. That's where I think the F word can be applied LOL. When one reifies his/her game of choice in an attempt to belittle all others. Such an attitude carries with it a certain closedmindedness. The F word definately can be used in full force with respect to those particular individuals I think LOL, because they have already predetermined without even giving a fair shake to others or without being OPEN to the other, that their game of choice is better.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:40 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

I beleive if ESPN were to take the title of best football game this year, then Madden fans will give credit where credit is due. At lease I know I will.

Erm... didn't 2K3 generally score higher than Madden 2003 last year (IGN, Gamespot, etc)? I didn't see too many Madden fans acknowleding anything... except the ones that gave 2K3 a chance, but they're not Madden fans anymore!

Seriously though, there's always going to be a Madden camp and an ESPN camp. It just wouldn't be the same without them.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:54 PM   #88
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

I have no clue as to why ESPN fans are so strung on getting Madden fans to convert. They argue and say thier game is more realistic/simulation and cant come up with a reason why Madden is'nt besides WRs catching under triple coverage. You even said it, and I can counter that statement all day but I'm not.

Its just crazy how Sega fans are quick to attack you because of your prefrence. Dont get me wrong, Madden fans attact to. Its just that Sega fans are so protective of that game that they'll be a walking billboard on some street corner to help that game sell copies. And I'm tryna figure out why do they care so much. Why do they care what John or Tim plays. why do they care if MAdden has higher scores then ESPN. My guess is because of jealousy and its only a guess. In the back of thier mind, they know Madden is a good game, they know that thier game lacked poish since it came out, and they know that thier game had more glitches/grips/errors or whatever you wanna call it than Madden. So like a blind guy at strip club, they just hating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »