Home

Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #41
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Niagara Rhinos: An Alternate Universe NCAA 14 Dynasty

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #42
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Nunyer's Notes

Holy hell that was ugly. I went into that game with only minor adjustments to the sliders, slightly nerfing RB ability for both CPU and HUM and slightly enhancing rush defense for CPU and HUM. Those changes didn't seem to make much difference, at least for FSU.

I started out just taking user control of a defensive lineman and plugging myself into the line, wanting the ratings of my back 7 to do the heavy lifting. After I was down 21-0 at the end of the first, I started usering various LBs and DBs trying to slow things down. It didn't matter. I'd cover one guy, they'd find another or Mosley would just tuck and run. I started to exclusively call defenses with a QB spy. It didn't matter. He'd just juke or cut and leave my MLB in the dust clutching his broken ankles. It was the first time in quite awhile where I felt completely helpless against the CPU, it was rather refreshing. In the Michigan game I knew I could effectively run the ball had I wanted to as the sliders were letting my o-line get an unwarranted push on almost every rush. This game was a different animal.

But speaking of rushing against the CPU.. this game reinforces my belief that these EA Sports football games have hidden ratings for players. In my last few Madden 18/19 franchises, I'd have guys that were just injury prone. Didn't matter if they had 70 or 99 INJ rating, they were banged up every single season. In this dynasty it's blocking for the RB. Something about Holly turns my o-line into liquid crap. Now he's slow both in top end speed and acceleration, but almost every snap there is at least one insta-shed or an LB instantly filling the gap. I call a play for Browning and Computer Moses parts the virtual Red Sea and I have a three lane highway to a 7 yard gain before contact. It's really weird and I'm starting to think that it can't be random chance.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #43
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
In this dynasty it's blocking for the RB. Something about Holly turns my o-line into liquid crap. Now he's slow both in top end speed and acceleration, but almost every snap there is at least one insta-shed or an LB instantly filling the gap. I call a play for Browning and Computer Moses parts the virtual Red Sea and I have a three lane highway to a 7 yard gain before contact. It's really weird and I'm starting to think that it can't be random chance.
are you mashing speed burst as soon as it's handed off?
Old 10-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #44
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

I don't think so, I mean I'm sure I do on occasion because I'm an uncoordinated hairless ape... although I'd think that when I do it's equally distributed between all the RBs. But generally speaking I try to not hit any buttons until I see the hole and/or cutback I want to take. A good test will be the next game against UMass, as I expect to rush a lot in that game, and I'll also be doing more tweaks to the sliders.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:43 AM   #45
Rookie

rybrady732's Arena

OVR: 0

This is absolutely hysterical! Love the story lines you create for the players and I literally LOL'd at your podcast. Great stuff!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #46
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think your offense played that bad against FSU, the 4 turnovers were bad obviously but the numbers aside from that were decent.

Explain your avatar please.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #47
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Explain your avatar please.
From this video... it's towards the very end but the all these bad lip reading videos are gold.

EDIT: Now that I watch this video again, I've decided that next season one of my created recruits will be named "Booty Febacca"

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-28-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:24 PM   #48
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0

This is really good stuff! Please keep up the good work! I love the humorous dynasties, only to find that most of them don’t last long. I’m hoping you’re in this for the long haul!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »