Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Your 1987 roster plays brilliantly. I have also believed that the key to realism on the field in regards to both the look and feel of the players as well as overall stats, is in the editing of player ratings and proper playbooks. Your effort here with this roster really shows that off.

I am seeing great gameplay and animations that I often do not see when using the regular EA roster. Players seem to be more "individual" in your roster(s) than EA default ones. QB play is much improved as well, and better alignment on the short, medium, and long pass accuracy ratings is key here.

Love your work. Wish I still had the patience I did 10-15 years ago to do the same!

C
Thank you! I am glad the roster is playing well. I agree with the QB play, I really think spreading the ratings out between QBs is important to make sure you can see a difference between guys. Plus, not having ratings all in the 90s really makes a difference too.

It is a shame more people do not make classic rosters. I remember on M25 there were quite a few. I know some folks still do greatest team and legends rosters, but I think I am about the only one left doing individual seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #66
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I finished up a play now game between the Giants and Cowboys. I assigned the run heavy play book to the G-men and gave myself the run balanced for the Cowboys.

You have outdone yourself this year my man. I absolutely love the authenticity of the player models, equipment and ratings. It was a black and blue NFC East defensive battle.

The Cowboys prevailed 16-13 on a winning FG. Running with Hershel Walker and sprinkling in an aging Tony Dorsett brought back many memories. Tom Landry stalking the sidelines in his famous fedora.

I am very much looking forward to the full release and playing many different games in CFM mode. Although I will primarily focus on the Browns, Dolphins and a couple of NFC teams that I have yet to decide on.....I can see myself playing so many different games on the schedule every week.

Amazing roster so far! And IMO it will be your very best yet.

Well done my friend!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #67
Rookie

Not possible to edit the coaches like in NCAA Football, is it?
Old 09-14-2017, 10:25 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
Not possible to edit the coaches like in NCAA Football, is it?
No it is not, except in Franchise if you create all of the coaches. That is what I do when I use Franchise mode.

I would love to be able to create coaches and schemes and everything outside of Franchise. I am in favor of any and all customization options.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #69
Just started!

I am having a blast playing with this roster. You did a GREAT job. The attention to detail is fantastic.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #70
MVP

Just wanted to keep everyone in the know...

I am currently working on the AFC East. I have the players moved around, named and numbered for the Colts, Patriots, Bills, and Dolphins. I will do the same for the Jets tomorrow. Then I will spend the next week doing ratings on those teams. Mid to late week I hope to have the division done.

Things are getting more difficult now. I am running out of white guys for Dlinemen. lol I am making it work, I always do; but I have had to create a few players because there simply was not a good existing player to use that I have not already used. I try to only create players if they are rookies. It is really a last resort.

My time is limited tomorrow as I have a Little League football game tomorrow and a paper to write, but I will get some Madden time in there too.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I finished up a play now game between the Giants and Cowboys. I assigned the run heavy play book to the G-men and gave myself the run balanced for the Cowboys.

You have outdone yourself this year my man. I absolutely love the authenticity of the player models, equipment and ratings. It was a black and blue NFC East defensive battle.

The Cowboys prevailed 16-13 on a winning FG. Running with Hershel Walker and sprinkling in an aging Tony Dorsett brought back many memories. Tom Landry stalking the sidelines in his famous fedora.

I am very much looking forward to the full release and playing many different games in CFM mode. Although I will primarily focus on the Browns, Dolphins and a couple of NFC teams that I have yet to decide on.....I can see myself playing so many different games on the schedule every week.

Amazing roster so far! And IMO it will be your very best yet.

Well done my friend!

I am glad the roster is playing well. I have been pretty happy with my own limited testing, but it is nice to hear from others too.

I wish the coach creation options were better in CFM so that we could make Landry. The clothing options in M17 were not good for classic coaches. I have not looked at them this year.

As a side note, I read someone in the forums that you cannot change the CPU uniform if you are doing a 32 team control franchise. It said that using the 2nd controller and moving it back to center before the game did not work this year. Do you know if this is true or not? If I cannot make the CPU use classic uniforms, I simply will not use the roster in CFM. I was hoping to be able to use CFM this year, but I may have to stick to my normal of using Play Now games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 10:39 PM   #72
Banned

I think the game will crash : (

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »