Home

CFM Rated Roster (XB1)

This is a discussion on CFM Rated Roster (XB1) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2017, 10:18 AM   #57
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: CFM Rated Roster (XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
The time involved is indeed the crappy part, but I'm envisioning using this an an online CFM and if there's another user or two you trust to make edits it would be tedious still but lighten up the workload a bit.
Ya. Don't get me wrong I love your idea for progression and think that'd be the best way to go. Plus think how much more invested you'd be in your CFM doing all this. It gets me giddy thinking about it. For me though I wouldn't want to start 20byears down the line so I may just use kaliibs roster, make a few tweaks, and run with it. I keep going back and forth. To set everything I'm thinking it would take me a solid day or more. Lol I'm so indecisive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I like the the dialog in this thread. Some good ideas. I came over from the Pro, and I was using that NFLROSTER with the edits. For the most part it was good. I had two questions for this group:

1. Is the general consensus pretty much leaning towards using the base preseason roster vs anything we DL to include KHALIB?

2. Is this roster including the Ball carrier and HM edits? I know the patch is supposedly fixing this, but I could literally go on for pages (I have) on the principle of how ratings and traits basically throw this game off to begin with. They need to toss out about 85% of the traits or throw out individual ratings that are really redundant. The 1 point rating system is really bad as well since it offers no real disparity between players.
1. I'm inclined to believe that any edited roster that you plan to import to a CFM needs to have the default roster as it's base. I think that the updated rosters from EA are a problem within a CFM and are intended for MUT and the like.
2. If you are still referring to NFLROSTER, then yes it does include edits to both the Ball Carrier and HM. There are, however, other edits and I'm not aware if it uses the default roster as it's base. Consensus seems to be that it plays well, so maybe it did start with the default roster.

Hope that answers your questions.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:34 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0

Actually the confidence editing wouldn't be too bad. After simulating a season I took a look and the only players that had confidence boosted or reduced ratings had confidence that was 40 or below, or 70 or higher. There were a few instances of players with confidence in the 65-70 range getting a boost to an attribute or two, but not enough to affect their overall rating, and only on the 2 super bowl representatives.

Here is a look at how many players would need editing based on this test

Note that I stopped at the Super Bowl to tally this. I think the better call might be to stop after the regular season ends and do the edits needed then, but either way, an average of about 5 players per team isn't too bad to do.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:14 PM   #60
Rookie

Very nice lbj273.

When it comes to OVR, it is important to suspend the traditional view of it. As khaliib has pointed out it's only value is determining contract negotiations when resigning and depth chart (the latter can be overridden by us for CPU teams).

This is some very good info.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2017, 06:17 PM   #61
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Actually the confidence editing wouldn't be too bad. After simulating a season I took a look and the only players that had confidence boosted or reduced ratings had confidence that was 40 or below, or 70 or higher. There were a few instances of players with confidence in the 65-70 range getting a boost to an attribute or two, but not enough to affect their overall rating, and only on the 2 super bowl representatives.

Here is a look at how many players would need editing based on this test

Note that I stopped at the Super Bowl to tally this. I think the better call might be to stop after the regular season ends and do the edits needed then, but either way, an average of about 5 players per team isn't too bad to do.
That's awesome. For me I'd probably just give the boosts and not penalize guys for the low confidence because the will regress on their own. Thanks for looking at that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #62
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

So I'm going full force with this. Gonna start with kaliibs roster and just adjust QB THP for all rookies coming in. Will progress by the boost they get in certain attributes if their confidence is high enough at end of Super Bowl each season. Will let cpu regress players automatically. Think I'm gonna maybe give a boost on the progression if a player hits the confidence boost and has a quick/superstar dev. Normal would be normal confidence boost. Slow would never progress regardless of confidence boost.

Going through kaliibs roster I know a few things are different but I think it will all balance out in the long run. Probably gonna roll with Cleveland because they are garbage and have a stupid amount of draft picks. Pretty excited for this.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 01-05-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #63
Rookie

tdawg3782,

Have you played around any with lower XP settings? I did some quick tests just to see how things might play out. I went 0, 10, 20 & 30 XP setting for all positions.

I've kinda settled on 20 as it provided enough XP without any players being able to get a crazy amount by seasons end. I had it set to end of season and when I checked what the CPU upgraded, it was mostly what you would expect and want. For the most part players received 1 to 2 point increases to mainly AWR and PRC. Some received 1 to 2 point increases to positional specific ratings (i.e. FMV for a pass rusher).

I like the idea of younger players getting some level of increase as they become more experienced. Any thoughts here?
Old 01-05-2018, 06:55 PM   #64
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
tdawg3782,

Have you played around any with lower XP settings? I did some quick tests just to see how things might play out. I went 0, 10, 20 & 30 XP setting for all positions.

I've kinda settled on 20 as it provided enough XP without any players being able to get a crazy amount by seasons end. I had it set to end of season and when I checked what the CPU upgraded, it was mostly what you would expect and want. For the most part players received 1 to 2 point increases to mainly AWR and PRC. Some received 1 to 2 point increases to positional specific ratings (i.e. FMV for a pass rusher).

I like the idea of younger players getting some level of increase as they become more experienced. Any thoughts here?
I haven't tried this but I think it is a sound idea. If you can limit the XP to a certain amount you can almost guarantee they only spend it on Awr and Prc. Which is actually a pretty good idea. You could even do progression every 4 weeks (instead of season end) and that would pretty much make them only upgrade those two attributes because they would never have enough xp to have the opportunity to buy bigger attributes. So if that's the goal I think it could work well. You could add this to the progress by confidence boost as well. Lot's of cool options. Just depends on how much time you want to put in. The big issue is to have a roster to start with that has most edits in place. Otherwise young guys will never be able to take over for the older guys until they are out of the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »