Home

I think i have figured out defensive sliders

This is a discussion on I think i have figured out defensive sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinpidgeon8
14 minutes halves which would be equivalent to 7 minute quarters?
Oops 14 minutes quarters, txs for noticing..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 06:41 AM   #42
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
This is what i was using in those 2 games (it's still work in progress):

Hum/CPU (14 min quarter , 14 sec accelerated clock)

QBA 5/5
PBL 30/50 (you have about 2 seconds to throw the ball )
WRC 47/50
RBL 8/45 (at 9 + you will run outside unhindered , sadly)
F 41/50 (at 40 there is 3-4 fumbles per game and at 42 there is none at all for human)

PRx 45/38 (this is only slider that i don't mond changing from defensive side, other just mess up stuff)
INT 25/35 (CPU throws to many Int's lower it down to 20 or 15 from 25)
PCV 15/15 (testing CPU at 18 now to see if anything is different)
T 35/35 (anything lower CPU can'k kick or punt)

T: 33 (at 36 there is no outside runs, but WR's don't have separation, at 40 TE is faster then DB's but too many INT's and sacks against CPU)
Inj: 36
Fatigue 53 (was 62 changed it per Kpkpkp suggestion and he is right about that ) )

Penalties:

OF 65
FS 65
H 58
FM 10 (thinking of changing for higher)
DPI 50
OPI 50
PCI 60
Clip 50
IG 50
RP 52
RK 55

Subs:
QB 65/55 DT/DE 85/84
RB 94/93 LB 87/86
WR 87/86 CB 70/65
FB 85/83 S 78/77
OL 64/54

Main issues:

- Any outside run that has Stretch in it is OP in second half (on 33)
- CPU poorly defends outside curls (on any threshold) on 2 and long , 3 and long and blitzes, unless they are pressing

Tweak them as you are pleased (after you try them first lol). We are all different and some things may not suit you.And i play on PS4 , my understanding that some things play differently on X1.
I just played a fantastic franchise game using your sliders with a few tweaks (I turned player wr catching up to 50 as I was getting a tonne of drops, my DPI/OPI penalties are at 71 each, different subs and I play 15 mins quarters).

My Bills lost 17-14 at the Jets. I missed a game tying FG in the 4th quarter and then threw the only pick of the game on the final play.

The game felt like a really tight defensive battle. Some stats:
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Buffalo Bills ()0707
New York Jets ()0773
Team Stats Comparison
BUFNYJ
Total Offense228252
Rushing Yards58101
Passing Yards170151
First Downs1111
Punt Return Yards3446
Kick Return Yards9048
Total Yards352346
Turnovers10
3rd Down Converstion7-186-17
4th Down Conversion1-20-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-02-1
Penalties5-461-5
Posession Time31.0728.53
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets

The rookie QBs both performed poorly Manuel was 19/38 for 196 1-1, Geno was 13,29 173 1-0

Running was hard for me Spiller found it difficult to get outside and there was little space inside too. I liked this actually as it made my playcalling more significant. Simply running on 1st down every time resulted in no yards. Draws worked well for both teams. Spiller made 47 yds from 20 carries (2.3) and a td and Jackson 11 from 5 carries (2.2). For the Jets, Goodson carried 27 times for 104 (3.8) and 2 tds.

There were only two plays over 30 yards in the game. One a 36 yd screen pass to Spiller. The screen worked well.

The top tacklers on each side were the MLBs, Alonso had 9 for me and Harris had 6 for the Jets. There were 3 sacks for each team and one interception by Cromartie.

Issues:
Because the fumble slider is high it makes the ball carrier very sluggish and unable to change direction easily, it also eradicates fumbles from the game (combined with low tackling and facemask penalty sliders)

Pancakes are very high, and so are tackles behind the line. This is a sign that the line of scrimmage is not working correctly. It's an all or nothing deal. Either the blocker makes the block and demolishes the defender or he completely misses and lets the defender through unhindered.

There were 15 deflected passes in the game.

One final thing - I had KR/PR Interference set to 70 (cause you didn't list yours), but if you are following Doogs then I imagine you have yours at 60 and this could be a reason why the D got to the ball carrier so quickly at times.

Last edited by BritPitbull; 03-23-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #43
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
- INT slider- it regulates how tight coverage is, specially in zone
This may explain why my zone coverage always sucks, as I keep the human INT slider very low!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull

Issues:
Because the fumble slider is high it makes the ball carrier very sluggish and unable to change direction easily, it also eradicates fumbles from the game (combined with low tackling and facemask penalty sliders)

Pancakes are very high, and so are tackles behind the line. This is a sign that the line of scrimmage is not working correctly. It's an all or nothing deal. Either the blocker makes the block and demolishes the defender or he completely misses and lets the defender through unhindered.

There were 15 deflected passes in the game.
Thank you for feedback, i really appreciate.

As for OL/DL interaction, this is what i have noticed (and tested to confirm)

- PBL and RBL OL attributes are used in interaction against DE's and DT's
- Pass Footwork and Run footwork are used against LB's and DB's

I have tested with 2 different LG's that have almost same overall , Incognito has lower footwork and higher PBL and Bolling (Bengals) has it even.

Incognito doesn't cover LB's on blitz, as he is always late to close the gap, and Bolling positions good and stops LB blitz almost every time.

AJ and Geno actually played to realistic numbers and that makes me happy to see..
Old 03-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 20

What controls how well the CPU runs the ball? Messing with sliders I once made running backs very lethal and using a lot of R-stick moves, but now I essentially nerfed that and I'm not sure what I did. Run blocking slider isn't affecting how well the CPU backs run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #46
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
What controls how well the CPU runs the ball? Messing with sliders I once made running backs very lethal and using a lot of R-stick moves, but now I essentially nerfed that and I'm not sure what I did. Run blocking slider isn't affecting how well the CPU backs run.
If you mean the ability of the ball carrier alone then the fumbling slider is the biggest differential I think. The lower the fumble slider, the more prone the player is to fumble but also the more agile he is.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

The CPU Run blocking slider is actually the fumbles slider. Haven't figured out which slider is the CPU run blocking slider yet.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #48
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
I think i have figured out defensive sliders

It's really kind of unbelievable that's this kind of thing happens every year. I haven't had time to figured stuff out with testing so I'm glad others are. The coverage sliders is the int slider. No doubt in my mind. I used the setting I'm using so the other two I left at 50 for for the CPU and put coverage at 0. Went to practice mode and coverage was the same but, every int attempt was dropped. I couldn't throw a int no matter how hard I tried. Normally if it hits a DB's hands it's a pick.

Maybe now I can actually get somewhere. Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »