Home

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

This is a discussion on Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 02:02 AM   #41
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Quinn, I've played two games on 15 min q with these and barely saw a backup if at all. One game with Browns, Tate had like 30+ carries and the backup had 1. When I played with the Chiefs, Knile Davis had zero carries. Not sure why I am getting different results than others, but that is just my experience.

Now, that is strange. Unfortunate to hear as well. Others have said the subs work, especially for the RB. I will be able to test this tomorrow myself, so we'll see if these actually do sub RBs appropriately.

My RB is Zac Stacy for the Rams, and I usually pound the ball early on in the game, so I should see subs if they work how people were saying they do. If not, then I just don't know. I know we have to have it on 60 fatigue, which I do. The quarter length should have no bearing on it whatsoever, either. I don't know what to say. Anyone else have an idea why the subs didn't work with the RBs he chose? I was really hoping the auto-subs would work correctly, finally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 AM   #42
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

One thing I can say about it is that this was in Play Now mode, not CFM (if that matters.) Another thing is that I was using suggestions for the play calls. If I called a ton of runs in a row myself, perhaps there would've been different results.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #43
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
One thing I can say about it is that this was in Play Now mode, not CFM (if that matters.) Another thing is that I was using suggestions for the play calls. If I called a ton of runs in a row myself, perhaps there would've been different results.
Well, in Aaron's first post he says they work in Play Now mode, but that could be a possibility as Armor & Sword said his only worked in CFM. I was suspect if you call say, 5 runs in a row the RB should be subbed out for a little bit for a rest, a couple or few runs for the back up, then back to the starter. At least that is what it sounded like earlier in this thread when people were talking about the auto-subs. Dunno.. =/

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-03-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #44
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

So, I am now playing a game using the suggested 13 min quarters and all of a sudden the CPU starting HB has 9 carries and the backup has 4 carries in the second quarter.

EDIT: This game ended with a 22/9 split on carries between the two backs. That is definitely what I was going for. Not sure why I didn't see that on 15 min quarters though.

Last edited by chino22; 09-03-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #45
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Played a half using your auto subs sliders & Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders.

15min qt. 18 sec run off clock. I'm the Browns. CPU controlled the Saints.

BROWNS:
QB Hoyer 20 attempts. He played the entire 1st half & I'm planning to sub in Manziel for the entire 2nd half.
RB Ben Tate has 14 Attempts. Sub RB T.West has 1 attempt.

SAINTS:
QB Brees 29 attempts. No QB sub yet.
RB P.Thomas 8 rushing attempts, sub RB M.Ingram has 2 rushing attempts.

I'll post the complete game attempts when I'm done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

FYI, the sliders work in both CFM and play now. I actually tested them more in play now.

Playing one game isnt sufficient amount of play to determine if these work because game situations affect fatigue.

If the starting RB runs for losses or short runs and forces the offense to pass more...you wont see the backup get a ton of carries.

If the starting RB isnt listed as the 3rb....you wont see the backup get a ton of carries. Why? Because the starting RB is getting rest on each 3rd down.

If the teams calls a lot of no RB formations on passing downs......you wont see the backup get a ton of carries. Why? Because the starting RB is getting rest on those passing plays.

One other note is the team's offense playbook controls this alot too. For example, when I play with the Cowboys, Dunbar (the backup) gets around 2-5 carries tops. There reason for this is the Cowboys offense calls a ton of pass plays and unless those passes are going to Murray, he isnt going to sub out because he isnt getting fatigue.

There is no autosub setting that is going to give you realistic auto subs based simply on carries. So dont expect to see a ton of RB subs just because someone has a ton of carries. What matters is the amount of fatigue used on each run/pass catch and the individual players fatigue rating.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #47
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI, the sliders work in both CFM and play now. I actually tested them more in play now.

Playing one game isnt sufficient amount of play to determine if these work because game situations affect fatigue.

If the starting RB runs for losses or short runs and forces the offense to pass more...you wont see the backup get a ton of carries.

If the starting RB isnt listed as the 3rb....you wont see the backup get a ton of carries. Why? Because the starting RB is getting rest on each 3rd down.

If the teams calls a lot of no RB formations on passing downs......you wont see the backup get a ton of carries. Why? Because the starting RB is getting rest on those passing plays.

One other note is the team's offense playbook controls this alot too. For example, when I play with the Cowboys, Dunbar (the backup) gets around 2-5 carries tops. There reason for this is the Cowboys offense calls a ton of pass plays and unless those passes are going to Murray, he isnt going to sub out because he isnt getting fatigue.

There is no autosub setting that is going to give you realistic auto subs based simply on carries. So dont expect to see a ton of RB subs just because someone has a ton of carries. What matters is the amount of fatigue used on each run/pass catch and the individual players fatigue rating.

Spot on post.

Players, if you want to run a true RBBC then you need to make formation subs during the game. The point of auto subs is to make sure if your back is winded the 2nd stringer comes in to give him a breather so he can stay effective when you need your starter the most.

Same for your DL. These settings are working as advertised!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Spot on post.

Players, if you want to run a true RBBC then you need to make formation subs during the game. The point of auto subs is to make sure if your back is winded the 2nd stringer comes in to give him a breather so he can stay effective when you need your starter the most.

Same for your DL. These settings are working as advertised!
My main concern is players getting fatigued and not performing well. With that in mind, I am concerned about the offensive line with 0-3 subbing. There is variance in stamina as with other positions, sometimes even more, and 0-3 seems like it would prevent OL from being subbed when necessary. Now I know in real football, the offensive line generally doesn't get subbed, but this is Madden Football, and I think they should get subbed, maybe 30-35?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »