Home

Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #1977
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's All Pro Custom Simulation (15 Min Quarters) Style Sliders

Hey A&S, just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying these sliders! I was able to get 3 games in yesterday playing as Detroit.

@SD: Lost 55-14. Threw 4 INTs, 2 by Stafford and 2 by Orlovsky. Stafford took a hard hit in the 3rd quarter so I kept him out of the game after it got out of reach. Just tried to do too much and forced the ball downfield leading to some easy INTs. I also got absolutely shredded by Rivers and the Chargers passing game. Allen didn't do much as he had Slay on him, but Gates absolutely destroyed me and Floyd and Johnson had decent games. Didn't do a good job of getting to the QB either.

@MIN: Won 25-22 in OT! This was a great game. I did an AMAZING job containing Peterson by blitzing and crowding the line of scrimmage. Held him to about 80 yards on 20ish carries. Bridgewater threw for over 200 yards on a pretty small amount of passes. My zone coverage wasn't great once again but I did better getting to the QB, especially since Minnesota is pretty weak at tackle. On offense, I didn't try to do to much and threw for close to 400 yards with Stafford. I had some great drives but couldn't find the end zone and ended up kicking 5 field goals. I scored with 35 seconds left to go ahead 22-19. On the first play of Minnesota's possession, I got called for a very weak 40 yard pass interference penalty. They ended up kicking a FG as time expired. In OT I forced a 3 & out, drove down the field and won the game on a 30 yard FG! It was a great game!

vs DEN: Lost 41-20. Once again, I got torched by a great passing game. CJ Anderson did a pretty good job on the ground as I couldn't plug the gaps very well against Denver's zone running scheme. Didn't get much pressure to the QB and even when I did, Manning got rid of the ball quickly and did a great job of finding gaps in my zone coverage. I really want to play more man to man but Mathis is too slow and terrible at man to man coverage. One thing that was really cool about this game is that I was doing a great job against Manning early. He wasn't finding the gaps in my zone coverage very well at all in the first quarter. Then they seemed to adjust and he looked like the old Peyton. On offense, I couldn't get much going on the ground. Von Miller seemed like he was freaking everywhere. I'm starting to get more comfortable with hot routes and started using line adjustments to shade to his side. I hit Ebron for a pretty long TD as I read the D was in man coverage and he had a great matchup. Sent him on a streak and he made the catch against the LB 1-on-1, shook him off, and ran in for the score. I'm really excited about his future.

I'm having an absolute blast with this game. I can really feel the player ratings deciding outcomes. This is by far the most fun I've had with a sports game since NHL 11 thanks to these sliders. A couple of questions though. What can I do to get better pressure on the QB? I try to both blitz and show blitz so I can have extra guys at the line of scrimmage but the QB seems like they just get rid of the ball before the pressure gets to them, especially when they're in shotgun. Granted I've played 3 pretty solid QBs, especially Rivers & Manning. I did a good job against Minnesota because of their poor LT & RT but I feel like more of the sacks or flushing Bridgewater out of the pocket was by having good zone coverage downfield. And a pretty random question, is there a way to substitute my 2nd team? When I'm getting blown out I don't want guys out there that'll get hurt. Thanks so much for putting these together man, can't wait to keep playing!

Last edited by Tonic; 11-24-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #1978
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

A&S, amazing sliders you've developed here! And I am a big believer in needing "house rules" with Madden, and completely agree with yours. My first Madden 16 CFM (solo online CFM, actually) game was amazing.

I've uploaded a partial clip to Youtube. After marching the Cowboys to the redzone, Romo amazingly steps up in the pocket in the final seconds of the fourth quarter to throw a TD bullet and tie the score at 24 apiece (after good 2-pt conversion). So, we go to overtime. In OT, Giants (me) win the coin toss. We elect to receive, Eli brings the Giants to the redzone, and after going the entire game without throwing a TD and throwing 1 INT, he hits Jennings in the flat for his first TD throw of the game (and for the win).

http://youtu.be/6774yJVSbD8

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys
Nov 23, 20151ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
New York Giants (0-0)71403630
Dallas Cowboys (0-0)010311024
Team Stats Comparison
NYGDAL
Total Offense388340
Rushing Yards10749
Passing Yards281291
First Downs2015
Punt Return Yards1410
Kick Return Yards167105
Total Yards569455
Turnovers-1+1
3rd Down Converstion12/167/12
4th Down Conversion0/10/0
2-Point Conversion0/01/1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4/01/2
Penalties0-03-33
Posession Time31:2624:50
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGNYGDAL
(NYG) R. Jennings, 8 yd TD run70
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGNYGDAL
(NYG) R. Jennings, 13 yd TD run140
(DAL) D. Bailey, 48 yd FG143
(NYG) R. Jennings, 1 yd TD run213
(DAL) T. Williams, 80 yd TD pass from T. Romo2110
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGNYGDAL
(DAL) D. Bailey, 29 yd FG2113
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGNYGDAL
(NYG) J. Brown, 48 yd FG2413
(DAL) D. Bailey, 26 yd FG2416
(DAL) B. Butler 9 yd TD pass from T. Romo (2pt pass to C. Beasley good)2424
OVERTIME SCORINGNYGDAL
(NYG) R. Jennings 3 yd TD pass from E. Manning3024
New York Giants
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Eli Manning28/4328711
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Rashad Jennings22923
Eli Manning26
Shane Vereen15
Nikita Whitlock14
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Odell Beckham, Jr.898
Larry Donnell670
Rueben Randle448
Rashad Jennings391
Hakeem Nicks220
Victor Cruz214
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Robert Ayers, Jr.11
Kerry Wynn11
Dallas Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tony Romo18/2725920
Kellen Moore5/548
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Lance Dunbar820
Darren McFadden922
Robert Turbin17
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Terrance Williams61421
Jason Witten428
Lance Dunbar425
Brice Butler3511
Dez Bryant224
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Brandon Carr21
Tyrone Crawford11

Last edited by stp2081; 11-24-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #1979
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The Dolphins conducted the Year 1 draft this morning (before I had to go to work)

Owner/GM Dan Marino may have knocked the ball out of the park on draft day. His overall draft grade coming in at a solid A

He was able to land 3 CB's who are all going to have big futures. With the first 3 picks Marino went CB, CB, and yes CB. This is an area of the Dolphins team that is a mess. Grimes regressed in speed big time after year 1. The Dolphins will be starting 2 rookies at CB1 and CB2 and moving Grimes to the nickel spot. My 3rd rookie CB could easily overtake Grimes at some point in year 2.

Marino went RG in round 4 and landed a future stud IMO.

Marino also drafted a gem of a RT in round 5 who will overtake Juwan James if he develops.

In rounds 6 and 7 the Dolphins landed a couple of very nice RB's who will play roles behind star Lamar Miller. These two backs both had sick combines and incredibly fell to the Fins. One back from Georgia is a 5'10 235 lb one cut runner with a great agility, juke and stiff arm. The other back is from Clemson 6'0 230 pounds with great speed and acceleration coupled with a 94 truck rating. WOW!!!!! Lamar Miller was extended for 4 years however he can be traded if these two backs prove to be great prospects. Miller is firmly entrenched as the teams starter though heading into year two.

Jay Ajai may find himself on the trade block after not having a productive rookie year as the short yardage RB and primary back up to Miller, Damien Williams has been given his outright release along with CB Lippet and Jamar Taylor.

In free agency the Rams landed WR Alshon Jeffries after 20 teams were bidding on him and he went unsigned!!! I generated a random number for the Rams (who are in my opinion a WR away from being a serious contender) and they were able to sign him to a one year deal worth 6.5MM It remains to be seen if they can resign him long term.

The Broncos landed RB Matt Forte.

The Dolphins made a giant splash in free agency landing MLB Danny Trevathan!!! It was a huge pick up as this was an area of deep need. So now our LG core has Jenkins, Trevathan and Misi

Richie Incognito was signed to a one year deal to be the Dolphins starter at LG. Ironic signing but Owner/GM Dan Marino is going for it this season.

FB John Kuhn was also signed to a one year deal in free agency and should really help fill a huge hole there for the Dolphins.

WR Leonard Hankerson comes home to Miami (former Hurricane) to fight for a roster spot. he has veteran Gregg jennings in front of him. It's possible the Dolphins will carry 6 WR's this season.

And last but not least Michael Crabtree was signed to a one year incentive layden deal to be the Dolphins slot WR. Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker are your #1 and #2 WR's respectively and Kenny Stills and Crabtree will battle for the slot position (and very well may rotate depending on down and distance and play calls). Still came on at the end of year one as a deep threat.

The Dolphins stumbled to the finish in year one and ended the season with a 8-8 record. It was a huge letdown after starting 5-0. However Owner and Gm Dan Marino promised to be aggressive in free agency and promised a strong draft. He delivered on both counts.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #1980
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

The Dolphins conducted the Year 1 draft this morning (before I had to go to work)

Owner/GM Dan Marino may have knocked the ball out of the park on draft day. His overall draft grade coming in at a solid A

He was able to land 3 CB's who are all going to have big futures. With the first 3 picks Marino went CB, CB, and yes CB. This is an area of the Dolphins team that is a mess. Grimes regressed in speed big time after year 1. The Dolphins will be starting 2 rookies at CB1 and CB2 and moving Grimes to the nickel spot. My 3rd rookie CB could easily overtake Grimes at some point in year 2.

Marino went RG in round 4 and landed a future stud IMO.

Marino also drafted a gem of a RT in round 5 who will overtake Juwan James if he develops.

In rounds 6 and 7 the Dolphins landed a couple of very nice RB's who will play roles behind star Lamar Miller. These two backs both had sick combines and incredibly fell to the Fins. One back from Georgia is a 5'10 235 lb one cut runner with a great agility, juke and stiff arm. The other back is from Clemson 6'0 230 pounds with great speed and acceleration coupled with a 94 truck rating. WOW!!!!! Lamar Miller was extended for 4 years however he can be traded if these two backs prove to be great prospects. Miller is firmly entrenched as the teams starter though heading into year two.

Jay Ajai may find himself on the trade block after not having a productive rookie year as the short yardage RB and primary back up to Miller, Damien Williams has been given his outright release along with CB Lippet and Jamar Taylor.

In free agency the Rams landed WR Alshon Jeffries after 20 teams were bidding on him and he went unsigned!!! I generated a random number for the Rams (who are in my opinion a WR away from being a serious contender) and they were able to sign him to a one year deal worth 6.5MM It remains to be seen if they can resign him long term.

The Broncos landed RB Matt Forte.

The Dolphins made a giant splash in free agency landing MLB Danny Trevathan!!! It was a huge pick up as this was an area of deep need. So now our LG core has Jenkins, Trevathan and Misi

Richie Incognito was signed to a one year deal to be the Dolphins starter at LG. Ironic signing but Owner/GM Dan Marino is going for it this season.

FB John Kuhn was also signed to a one year deal in free agency and should really help fill a huge hole there for the Dolphins.

WR Leonard Hankerson comes home to Miami (former Hurricane) to fight for a roster spot. he has veteran Gregg jennings in front of him. It's possible the Dolphins will carry 6 WR's this season.

And last but not least Michael Crabtree was signed to a one year incentive layden deal to be the Dolphins slot WR. Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker are your #1 and #2 WR's respectively and Kenny Stills and Crabtree will battle for the slot position (and very well may rotate depending on down and distance and play calls). Still came on at the end of year one as a deep threat.

The Dolphins stumbled to the finish in year one and ended the season with a 8-8 record. It was a huge letdown after starting 5-0. However Owner and Gm Dan Marino promised to be aggressive in free agency and promised a strong draft. He delivered on both counts.
Armor, Where do you find draft grades within CFM?
Old 11-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #1981
Rookie

Does anyone get good WR subbing from the auto subs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 04:06 PM   #1982
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Armor, Where do you find draft grades within CFM?
I am making it up bro. LOL Creating my own immersion and story lines.

I am geeking it up a little.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #1983
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am making it up bro. LOL Creating my own immersion and story lines.

I am geeking it up a little.
It's a good sign when one is "geeking it up' in a CFM....that means you're enjoying the core elements.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 AM   #1984
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

Was able to get two more games in last night:

@SEA: Lost 41-14. Lynch ran all over me. He had about 120 yards on 20 carries and FOUR touchdowns. He couldn't be stopped. Even if I stacked the box, he ran right through my LBs. Stafford threw a couple of picks and I couldn't get anything going on the ground either. Seattle played like their real-life counterpart and just dominated me on both sides of the ball.

vs. ARI: Won 48-14. I decided to move Nevin Lawson to CB2 and Mathis to nickel back as Mathis is just too slow and bad at man coverage. It payed off immediately as Lawson had an excellent game, even recording a pick six. I dominated on both sides of the ball, especially on defense where I forced 6 turnovers. Working with a short field and a lead all game, Stafford threw for less than 200 yards but did manage to throw 3 TDs. Joique Bell ran for over 100 yards and a TD. Theo Riddick had over 80 yards receiving and two TDs. With the game out of reach early, Ameer Abdullah got a lot of work, recording over 70 rushing yards along with a TD. I figured out the best way to beat a 3-4 scheme is to run a lot of zone blocking to make better holes for my backs. Had a lot of fun with this one, looking forward to getting a couple more games in tonight!

I'm currently sitting at 2-3, with my 3 losses coming to teams with a combined record of 11-1 going into last week. The next few weeks will be big to determine if I'm going to be in contention for a playoff spot or looking to play my younger guys to get more experience and reload through the draft and free agency. I'm absolutely loving these sliders! One question though, are you guys seeing any missed FGs? I haven't seen any in my first 5 games, and three of which were pretty windy.

Last edited by Tonic; 11-25-2015 at 08:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »