Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2016, 02:04 AM   #2433
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

I've tried the update and so far no WARPING!!!!!!! Games have been very competitive and varied. I wish the game would allow more user defensive pressure but I can let it slide because of the great gameplay that I see. Two thumbs up on these sliders.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:26 AM   #2434
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I've tried the update and so far no WARPING!!!!!!! Games have been very competitive and varied. I wish the game would allow more user defensive pressure but I can let it slide because of the great gameplay that I see. Two thumbs up on these sliders.
Defensive pressure does come depending on matchups and the overall strength of your defense (plus varying blitzes and using defensive line shifts)....I've had 6-7 sack games and 0 sack games (ditto for CPU against me). I agree that the games have been so varied...it's been truly outstanding...that final tweak to the facemask slider made all the difference in just bumping up the aggression and 'tightness' ever so slightly... rubio nailed that one....

Little things I love:
  • Watching a DB dive for a ball, miss the deflection, thus allowing the WR to catch it for a big gain.
  • Seeing your CB in a good position to make a play on a jump ball only to have the safety recklessly come over to "help" and knock him just a bit out of position.
  • Seeing an o-lineman whiff on a block by inches on the perimeter, allowing the defender to get the tackle (and the opposite where he just got a hand on the defender to spring a play).
I saw all of those things happen in my game tonight....any one of those things going the other way makes for a very different outcome, the kinds of outcomes that can shift momentum in the opposite direction. The game now has that "game of inches" feel to it (at least to me)....when you have that...oh my....we've had Madden playing well in the past....but not quite like this....
Old 06-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #2435
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Just had a superb game. Atl (me) vs NYG. Defense back and forth. Held CPU to 3 straight field goals in the beginning. Going into 4th I was up 20-16 and wound up 27-16. The key in this particular game was I won the turnover battle 3-0. This was the deciding factor as total yards were both in the 300's (which I was ecstatic about).

I just can't get enough of the different DB/WR animations I am getting with 50/56. I love the additional tipped balls and other CPU defenders coming over to help on passing plays. Don't quote me here, but I swear the hitting looks harder too. The only criticism I have is still a lack of CPU running game. 9/10 they are held in check, but more adjusting at this point will just mess something else and that is not worth it IMO.

Josh laid a solid set of sliders for this great edition of Madden. I tried many many adjustments and the best move for more overall defense was that Facemask slider. Any other major changes led to more sliding/warping or sacrificing the entire running or passing (sacks) games.

Playing this Madden going into July says enough for me. I'm always done by now. I CANNOT wait for Madden 17!

Last edited by Rubio809; 06-16-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #2436
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Defensive pressure does come depending on matchups and the overall strength of your defense (plus varying blitzes and using defensive line shifts)....I've had 6-7 sack games and 0 sack games (ditto for CPU against me). I agree that the games have been so varied...it's been truly outstanding...that final tweak to the facemask slider made all the difference in just bumping up the aggression and 'tightness' ever so slightly... rubio nailed that one....

Little things I love:
  • Watching a DB dive for a ball, miss the deflection, thus allowing the WR to catch it for a big gain.
  • Seeing your CB in a good position to make a play on a jump ball only to have the safety recklessly come over to "help" and knock him just a bit out of position.
  • Seeing an o-lineman whiff on a block by inches on the perimeter, allowing the defender to get the tackle (and the opposite where he just got a hand on the defender to spring a play).
I saw all of those things happen in my game tonight....any one of those things going the other way makes for a very different outcome, the kinds of outcomes that can shift momentum in the opposite direction. The game now has that "game of inches" feel to it (at least to me)....when you have that...oh my....we've had Madden playing well in the past....but not quite like this....
I feel the exact same way. I had my breakout game against the Raiders. Great defensive battle. I had 7 sacks and 2 ints. Won a 22-16 game. So much fun!!!
Old 06-16-2016, 02:58 PM   #2437
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I feel the exact same way. I had my breakout game against the Raiders. Great defensive battle. I had 7 sacks and 2 ints. Won a 22-16 game. So much fun!!!
And in my Atl/NYG game, there was only total sack. Game before, six.

Great variety.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:04 PM   #2438
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
And in my Atl/NYG game, there was only total sack. Game before, six.

Great variety.
I agree, I'm loving the game now with these sliders. I'm normally done with madden before the draft but these sliders reinvigorated me.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #2439
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Full disclos here, I am beginning to deviate away from ALL 50's from these sliders. Do not be confused, GAME PLAYS GREAT WITH ALL 50 SLIDERS. I am just racking up too many yards constantly and CPU is too stagnant with their rushing attack. That and I'm winning just about every game (even with the Browns) Just need to try something for more of a challenge.

I am also doing this because '17 will be out soon and I'm sure I won't be turning back to '16 when release. So nothing to lose here. I will post any game breaking changes.

Last edited by Rubio809; 06-17-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #2440
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Come to think of it, this IS Josh's thread exclusively dedicated to the default 50 sliders. It is not right to clutter his thread. Carry on...LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »