Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #1073
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Loading up twitch for a game! Bears vs Texans!

MvPeterson2828 is my twitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #1074
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I hear ya.. But I cant be a passive player. The challenge should come from the gameplay not self imposed handicaps. Especially when the CPU misses a play I think I couldve made lol too competitve.

I right now I have the number 1 D after 2 games and this is the first time thats ever happeend but I played Kaepernick in week 1 who could barely complete a pass regardless of who I controlled. User switch causes me to give up more plays because there is user error based on how aggressive im being.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
That's a good point.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #1075
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
As a long time AM player I was a little hesitant to try this set, but I have to say these are great. It's refreshing to have a game that doesn't require me to score on every possession to win, and the other crazy stuff that happens in AM. My only concern is the HUM run game seems a little over powering, without screwing the rest of the game up could I lower HUM run block? Every thing else feels great so good I'm nervous to adjust anything. Thanks Josh... I almost shelved the game because AM became boring and stale, but I would be very interested in a set of AM if you could implement the same game play after you get AP where you want it.
How many games have you played, what were the matchups, and what exactly felt 'easy' (too much block, too little reaction, you were breaking tackles too easily, etc.) ? I think you're going to find some variety in the 'ease' of the game based strictly on matchups.

I wouldn't touch the gameplay sliders at all....way too many unforeseen effects (and the block sliders are the toughest ones to deal with). I'd like to hear your thoughts on the above questions before I answer what could be tweaked.

We have a rather delicate balance here...let's tread carefully and make sure we're not spinning our wheels based on small sample sizes. If we start seeing major issues after an 8-12 game sample size, then we can research more.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-15-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #1076
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Down 7-0 to Bucs halfway through 2nd. Ratings matter. Martin is clearly better than Thomas Rawls and they have more yards than the Seahawks running game on 9 carries (martin 43 with an extra 12 from Winston). So keep playing guys. He did something great for us here, don't be too quick to tweak. Rams Dline is just beast. No QB has time to get comfortable. Winston 1/4 and sacked. It would be a whole diff game if I didnt have donald hayes and quinn.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 09-15-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #1077
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
How many games have you played, what were the matchups, and what exactly felt 'easy' (too much block, too little reaction, you were breaking tackles too easily, etc.) ? I think you're going to find some variety in the 'ease' of the game based strictly on matchups.

I wouldn't touch the gameplay sliders at all....way too many unforeseen effects (and the block sliders are the toughest ones to deal with). I'd like to hear your thoughts on the above questions before I answer what could be tweaked.

We have a rather delicate balance here...let's tread carefully and make sure we're not spinning our wheels based on small sample sizes. If we start seeing major issues after an 8-12 game sample size, then we can research more.
I thought run game was easy cause AP had 25 147 against Giants. Next game I played Texans and they shut him down. 22 for 50

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #1078
Banned

Josh:

why the zeroes in MM ?

and, also - I am trying to fix LB's to react properly to run plays and improve pursuit angles - how can this be done ? traits ?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:17 PM   #1079
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Down 7-0 to Bucs halfway through 2nd. Ratings matter. Martin is clearly better than Thomas Rawls and they have more yards than the Seahawks running game on 9 carries (martin 43 with an extra 12 from Winston). So keep playing guys. He did something great for us here, don't be too quick to tweak. Rams Dline is just beast. No QB has time to get comfortable. Winston 1/4 and sacked. It would be a whole diff game if I didnt have donald hayes and quinn.

Down 21-3. At half. Goff had an over throw in redzone right to grimes after my biggest run of game to get me there. Winston bounced back to get to 8/12 178 thanks to WRs breaking tackles and a bad play call by me giving up 50 yard TD to Seferian.

Gurley 14 for 111 to Martin 12 for 49. Thanks to a 36 yarder and a 20 yarder. Goff only has 45 yards passing 5/13....lol my WRs are trash and Kendricks aint that great either plus an average oline. Holding call on a 3rd and 8 completion. Fg off the upright. Realistic bad offense imo. Cant wait to play the 2nd half tho. Will have to figure out someway to move the ball through the air. OP settings, hit reset on gameplay sliders in CFM, start game. No generic pbs or anything. Teams matter fellas. Enjoy!

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 09-15-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #1080
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Thanks for the reply Josh, I might have spoken to soon lol.... the last three games my run game was held in check. I'll pay more attention to the details of my questions moving forward. Like I said the game feels great, I'm glad I did not adjust anything..... I'll leave that to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »