Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #1241
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
September 14, 2016 Set Posted

OK....this is it! A big thanks to my big time slider buddy Matt10 for his support, ideas, and observations....it couldn't have happened without his insights.

House rules:
  • You must follow this set 'to the letter'. Don't change the clock settings, no penalty tweaks, no tweaks to fatigue, etc. Assume everything has an impact on how things will play. If I haven't posted anything about it, it is probably fair game. If you aren't sure of something, ask.
  • I have only tested using a coach in CFM. I will try with an owner at some stage to see what happens (hopefully nothing). Give it a shot first though using a Coach franchise.
  • Use of generic playbooks is completely optional.
  • Enjoy your franchises.
Frequently Asked Questions (see spoiler)

Spoiler

These sliders are designed only for Franchise Mode (CFM), they are not to be used in Play Now or other modes. However, you must enter both the Main Menu (MM) values into your game along with the CFM menus to get the proper effect within CFM.
I suck at the new kicking game. I always seem to shank punts and field goals. It's so bad I sim kicking plays. If i adjust the main menu user kicking sliders how would this affect your slider set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #1242
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDay75
I suck at the new kicking game. I always seem to shank punts and field goals. It's so bad I sim kicking plays. If i adjust the main menu user kicking sliders how would this affect your slider set?
It would affect it pretty seriously in lots of phases of the game. I don't recommend doing this.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #1243
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Awesome, thanks for the info. I had a feeling that was the reasoning behind the decision. I definitely recommend playing with the MM sliders a bit once the patch comes out, and I'll be doing the same. After an exchange with King, I'm going to try using your sliders with All Madden as my MM difficulty. Hopefully we can get the additional challange without seeing ratings impacted.
I've been doing this with both on AM (mm and cfm) because I just wasn't getting the challenge I was looking for on AP...I know there are dangers but from what I've seen the physics type stuff is still working great through about 5 games plus the added AM type difficulty stuff.

I know a lot of purists hate the "cheating" AM stuff, but for some of us it is needed
Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #1244
Only 7 Patients Lost

Doctor_Doom's Arena

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden what was a challenge has become stupid easy for me. I follow your sliders verbatim and the past four games I'm lighting up the defense through the air with far too much ease. On every play at least one WR is incredibly wide open. I play as the Browns and Cody Kessler is playing like Drew Brees. I never use cheese plays and always use variety with my playcalling.

I might use these but switch over to All Madden if my next game plays the same way.

Last edited by Doctor_Doom; 09-19-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #1245
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom
I don't know what happened but all of a sudden what was a challenge has become stupid easy for me. I follow your sliders verbatim and the past four games I'm lighting up he defense through the air with far to much ease. On every play at least one WR is incredibly wide open. I play as the Browns and Cody Kessler is playing like Drew Brees. I never use cheese plays and always use variety with my playcalling.

I might use these but switch over to All Madden if my next game plays the same way.
Try deleting and then re-saving your profile....also try hitting reset in your CFM slider area (even though nothing is adjusted)...sometimes the game gets a bit wonky....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #1246
Rookie

I know everyone thinks the sliders seems to be getting easier but maybe you all are just getting more accustomed to the game and the controls think of how it would have been if these sliders were ready day one out the box then it would be totally diff but everyone has been playing for all good now some more than others but I think it's just your getting alot better reading coverage and know how to stop it ....My two cents cause I feel like same way i believe in default setup just cause any adjustments anywhere cause more problems than needed....for me I kept going back to all Madden also but the CPU does things that takes the fun out of it the quick teleporting and stuff is a bit much so I figured I'll wait till another patch before I start playing again awesome slider concept here is though really appreciate the effort for all
Old 09-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #1247
Only 7 Patients Lost

Doctor_Doom's Arena

I'm wondering if changing all the MM values to 0 caused my passing game to go through the roof. I felt like pass coverage has been non existent since I made the switch to 0s. I can easily pass for nearly 400 yards and I was barely hitting 280 before the change. Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Anyway, gonna give these a few more games and see if I notice a difference. If not, I may have to bump up to the dreaded all madden difficulty.

Appreciate everyone's efforts here.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:15 AM   #1248
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom
I'm wondering if changing all the MM values to 0 caused my passing game to go through the roof. I felt like pass coverage has been non existent since I made the switch to 0s. I can easily pass for nearly 400 yards and I was barely hitting 280 before the change. Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Anyway, gonna give these a few more games and see if I notice a difference. If not, I may have to bump up to the dreaded all madden difficulty.

Appreciate everyone's efforts here.
You didn't happen to turn off ballhawk? If so, that is your problem right there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »