Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #4137
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I've never been a fan of all madden... I like that slow speed gives crisp animations but the only thing is it gives u a "God mode" advantage, because you are able to see everything developing at a slower pace and can take your time reacting to what's going on.
Do you think I should bite the bullet and go with Normal or even Fast, despite the severe handicaps that I've given to the User?
Old 11-04-2016, 09:39 PM   #4138
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
I personally find normal speed much easier if the cpu has a slider advantage. At least offensively. I find myself having to scramble or take a sack waiting for a route combination develop. Or I'll be patiently waiting for a hole/lane to develop and a guy will shed a block. Or I'll have a pulling lineman on a run play or a tight end/running back in pass protection just not get there in time. Defensively slow is a lot easier.
So are you saying Normal makes offense more challenging or less challenging, and defense more challenging, correct?
Old 11-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #4139
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Do you think I should bite the bullet and go with Normal or even Fast, despite the severe handicaps that I've given to the User?
Try it out in practice first but I think the higher speeds bring more challenge but personally Fast resembles real nfl football to me.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:46 PM   #4140
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Try it out in practice first but I think the higher speeds bring more challenge but personally Fast resembles real nfl football to me.
Yeah I agree with you on fast resembling real NFL. At least from the way it looks on tv. In person, as fast as the game is, each play feels slow to develop. I'm torn on game speed right now.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:46 PM   #4141
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
So are you saying Normal makes offense more challenging or less challenging, and defense more challenging, correct?
I would guess that the sim thread maintains its speed regardless of the game speed. Thus, the AI would update more often relative to the render speed the lower the game speed setting. But that's an educated guess.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 09:50 PM   #4142
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I agree with you on fast resembling real NFL. At least from the way it looks on tv. In person, as fast as the game is, each play feels slow to develop. I'm torn on game speed right now.
Just try different speeds out in practice and use whatever you're comfortable with and what makes the game fun for you.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:50 PM   #4143
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I would guess that the sim thread maintains its speed regardless of the game speed. Thus, the AI would update more often relative to the render speed the lower the game speed setting. But that's an educated guess.

So are you saying game speed is more of an illusion to the user than anything?
Old 11-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #4144
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
So are you saying game speed is more of an illusion to the user than anything?
No. I'm saying that the AI updates on a different thread. So if the game speed is slowed down (render thread) and the AI is not (sim thread), then the AI is effectively "thinking" faster at lower speeds.

However, it could be that AI Updates are called by the render thread. If that is the case, the AI slows to match game speed.

Honestly, this is all second hand **** I gather. I'm just speculating for the sake of it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 11-04-2016 at 09:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »