Home

Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #2113
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Man I just cant get started.

I do my draft, renumber and equip my guys. Set all the sliders. Change QB traits. Take control of the opposing coach do the gameplanning thing.

By that time Im just angry at having to do all that crap. Exhausted from how long it all takes. And I just dont want to start up a game.

Blegh.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #2114
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Man I just cant get started.

I do my draft, renumber and equip my guys. Set all the sliders. Change QB traits. Take control of the opposing coach do the gameplanning thing.

By that time Im just angry at having to do all that crap. Exhausted from how long it all takes. And I just dont want to start up a game.

Blegh.
How about trying a standard CFM? Pick a team, roll through the preseason stuff and get to playing some games. I agree, setting up a CFM takes time in itself, let alone doing the whole fantasy draft thing. Just an idea.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 09-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #2115
Rookie

My games have been going great. Maybe with the exception of my last game when it seemed the cpu went all out cheesy.
Using the Browns on AP fast vs Big Ben.

I controlled the game until mid 3rd qtr. 24-7. Kizer having a very rare exceptional game. Until a really crazy INT. Threw to my TE on curl flats, he’s wiiiiide open and sitting there. LBs went out to the flats. Kizer throws the ball right to the SS standing 8 yds back and to the left. Nowhere in the vicinity.
Now a shootout begins in . Which is ok, but I am not kidding, the cpu called 4 verts on 4 our of 5 plays the remainder of the game and my secondary went brain dead! All of their yards came in the 2nd half. I won 45-42. Very last play of the game, I am finally in position to bat the ball down but instead it gets tipped way in the air, caught by Brown for a score. I win by blocking the XP and returning it.
Fun game, but I wish the cpu would have a better play selection. My previous game vs the Falcons wasn’t a shoot out like this but they also started using 4 verts early and often but my secondary also seemed more awake.

I know there are playbook threads, but I don’t have a 2nd controller.

If it’s ok, I’d like to ask for some advice here since this thread is very active and a lot of helpful people here. I’ve asked on a couple others with no feedback.
How do you get off blocks? I use only the MLB and once engaged with a blocker I may as well put my controller down and let the play finish. Doesn’t matter who the blocker is. OL, TE, WR, FB or RB. I can see not shedding some OL blocks. Even if the runner gets right by me and I try to turn around and give chase, the blocker still has me. Which I believe should sometimes be a hold.
I went as far as creating a ridiculous MLB with a 99 for everything and played a few short games and had the same result. The finesse/power moves don’t seem to help at all. Even vs a WR. This is primarily on running plays or going after the ball carrier. I can shed blocks if I am rushing the QB.

Any advice would be great!
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #2116
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassgj
My games have been going great. Maybe with the exception of my last game when it seemed the cpu went all out cheesy.
Using the Browns on AP fast vs Big Ben.

I controlled the game until mid 3rd qtr. 24-7. Kizer having a very rare exceptional game. Until a really crazy INT. Threw to my TE on curl flats, he’s wiiiiide open and sitting there. LBs went out to the flats. Kizer throws the ball right to the SS standing 8 yds back and to the left. Nowhere in the vicinity.
Now a shootout begins in . Which is ok, but I am not kidding, the cpu called 4 verts on 4 our of 5 plays the remainder of the game and my secondary went brain dead! All of their yards came in the 2nd half. I won 45-42. Very last play of the game, I am finally in position to bat the ball down but instead it gets tipped way in the air, caught by Brown for a score. I win by blocking the XP and returning it.
Fun game, but I wish the cpu would have a better play selection. My previous game vs the Falcons wasn’t a shoot out like this but they also started using 4 verts early and often but my secondary also seemed more awake.

I know there are playbook threads, but I don’t have a 2nd controller.

If it’s ok, I’d like to ask for some advice here since this thread is very active and a lot of helpful people here. I’ve asked on a couple others with no feedback.
How do you get off blocks? I use only the MLB and once engaged with a blocker I may as well put my controller down and let the play finish. Doesn’t matter who the blocker is. OL, TE, WR, FB or RB. I can see not shedding some OL blocks. Even if the runner gets right by me and I try to turn around and give chase, the blocker still has me. Which I believe should sometimes be a hold.
I went as far as creating a ridiculous MLB with a 99 for everything and played a few short games and had the same result. The finesse/power moves don’t seem to help at all. Even vs a WR. This is primarily on running plays or going after the ball carrier. I can shed blocks if I am rushing the QB.

Any advice would be great!
Thanks

Do use PS4 or Xbox

Old 09-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #2117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
Do use PS4 or Xbox

Xbox

Old 09-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #2118
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnav
Do use PS4 or Xbox

Nm I see to shed you need to use the stick and press A and to reach out and grab the runner running by you it’s LB or RB

Old 09-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #2119
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassgj
Xbox

Using the swim and power is mainly for pass rushers

Old 09-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #2120
Banned

And something I realize is when you see that guard move follow him lol that’s where the run is going read that o line

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »