Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2018, 03:54 AM   #481
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

1) Look at AWR rating as the main "Intelligence Slider"
AI QB's
- bump their AWR up to a min "93" and watch

This is damn interesting, but I'm afraid it's not enough for CFM: I started my franchise with the Bears just to play often vs Rodgers and I tell you, in 4 games he played from decent to terrible. There's a lot of subtle stuff in CFM that changes gameplay, in-game confidence, season confidence, coach, home field advantage... and traits are more important, clutch and motor most of all.
So, yes, it's part of the equation and I'm really happy some kind of modding is possible, but unfortunately everything requires big samples and considering a single game takes one hour it's pretty hard.

Just to give you an example: I played one wildcard game with Josh new findings vs Rams in 2019. Closed the first half 13-0, picked Goff twice and Gurley was under 40 yds with 16 carries.
Second half: Gurley began with a 86 yds yds TD and became extremely hard to stop despite a pretty good defense against the run, Goff missed one throw in the whole half. I won last second, but it was really hard.

Josh understood more than anybody else how important are just a few parameters and concepts, namely the use of stamina: cpu actions consume players energy and the amount of energy at disposal of single players in specific moments completely changes the gameplay.

It's far from being perfect, but being early september it's resonable. And funny!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #482
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

As always, use these EXACTLY as posted below and on the OP.

Enjoy guys!

Madden is the only game in which you celebrate a loss.

I just lost a crazy championship against the Falcons, with a fumble in my 2-point conversion to tie in the final minutes returned in the end zone... I'm very happy of what I saw.

The cpu running game is by far the best I experienced in M19, unfortunately still far too many picks from my side (3 to Goff, 4 to Wentz and 1 to Ryan).
Now I really don't know how to work on it because all those picks are AI-based, meaning the QB simply shouldn't do those throws, the defense did nothing special. Just to give a clue, most of the picks where in man coverage, non of them under pressure. I don't know if this can help.

All in all good job, tnx a lot.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #483
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Digging through things on the PC side, came across some interesting information.

Per Clint and other dev's, we know they've solidified All-Pro as the "Default" setting they tune from.

Since All-Pro is the "Default" level, it just caught my eye when I pulled this info about Gameplay Sliders.

schema name="SkillSlider" numMembers="10" assetId="6218" isRecordPersistent="true">

attribute name="DefaultValue" idx="0" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="Fumbles" idx="1" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="Interceptions" idx="2" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="PassBlocking" idx="3" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="PassCoverage" idx="4" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="PassDefenseReactionTime" idx="5" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="QBAccuracy" idx="6" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="RunBlocking" idx="7" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="Tackling" idx="8" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />
attribute name="WRCatching" idx="9" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="75" />

schema name="SpecialTeamSlider" numMembers="6" assetId="6217" isRecordPersistent="true">

attribute name="DefaultValue" idx="0" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="FGAccuracy" idx="1" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="FGPower" idx="2" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="KickoffPower" idx="3" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="PuntAccuracy" idx="4" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />
attribute name="PuntPower" idx="5" type="int" minValue="0" maxValue="100" default="50" />

Some info in these files that really open up understanding about the game....

1) Look at AWR rating as the main "Intelligence Slider"
AI QB's
- bump their AWR up to a min "93" and watch

So does this mean that the core gameplay sliders are actually 75 at "default"?

As in: "the value (75) behind the value (50)?

I have to admit, I've never tried "All 75"...

Has anyone else?

Intriguing, if I'm interpreting this correctly...
Old 09-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #484
Rookie

OVR: 2

I gave this latest setup a run exactly as posted. Overall the games played very well, except for a couple of issues.

There was definitely ebb and flow to the games. In a game where I played as DAL vs CAR, I was running great with Zeke in the first half. I had over 100 yards by halftime and was over 80% with Dad. I was thinking that this was too easy and one sided. Even still it was 16-3 at half (I got a safety).

By games end I had just under 150 yards rushing and was at 63% passing. CAR's D played way better. They just weren't able to do much on O. The biggest issues were still the run game. A few descent runs, but way too many runs for losses. My DTs led the team with solo tackles and tackles for losses.

Cam completed 56% of his passes. Unfortunately very few were for more than 10 yards. He was too quick to get the ball out, even when there was no pressure on him. He often overlooked wide open receivers. This carried over to other games I played. It seemed the CPU QB was too quick to get the ball out and often locked in on 1 or 2 receivers, not always the primary (red route). I didn't check the QBs' traits, but I'm wondering if their pocket traits are a factor and maybe we should go back to using JoshC's trait chart from M18.

In another game pretty much the same thing played out. I was easily controlling the game until I pressed the wrong button and wound up throwing a pick. The CPU came to life and marched the ball down the field and scored. Like the other game, the CPU came to life in the fourth quarter and became very hard to stop. If it played like that throughout the whole game it would be great.

I play as either a LB or S, and yet my line was just too strong against the run. There were a number of in game injuries, none lasted beyond the game.

Overall the gameplay was very good. I saw weak tackles get blown past by really good DEs and at other times they were able to hold there own. Line play was very good for the most part on both sides. WR/DB interaction was very good as well. At times coverage was tight and others, if given time in the pocket, receivers were able to get separation. Zone play, especially the safeties, continues to be an issue. All too often players stay in their zone even when there are no receivers on their side of the field and safeties drop back far too deep. I don't think this is something we can fix on our end. The biggest issue for me is the QB decision making. If we can get them to read the field better and truly look for the open receiver, then we really have something.

All in all, very good.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #485
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

good feedback mpd....but just keep playing....

See how observations change through different players/matchups and so on. I expect different games to have different outcomes....I've certainly seen that in my games thus far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #486
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I gave this latest setup a run exactly as posted. Overall the games played very well, except for a couple of issues.

There was definitely ebb and flow to the games. In a game where I played as DAL vs CAR, I was running great with Zeke in the first half. I had over 100 yards by halftime and was over 80% with Dad. I was thinking that this was too easy and one sided. Even still it was 16-3 at half (I got a safety).

By games end I had just under 150 yards rushing and was at 63% passing. CAR's D played way better. They just weren't able to do much on O. The biggest issues were still the run game. A few descent runs, but way too many runs for losses. My DTs led the team with solo tackles and tackles for losses.

Cam completed 56% of his passes. Unfortunately very few were for more than 10 yards. He was too quick to get the ball out, even when there was no pressure on him. He often overlooked wide open receivers. This carried over to other games I played. It seemed the CPU QB was too quick to get the ball out and often locked in on 1 or 2 receivers, not always the primary (red route). I didn't check the QBs' traits, but I'm wondering if their pocket traits are a factor and maybe we should go back to using JoshC's trait chart from M18.

In another game pretty much the same thing played out. I was easily controlling the game until I pressed the wrong button and wound up throwing a pick. The CPU came to life and marched the ball down the field and scored. Like the other game, the CPU came to life in the fourth quarter and became very hard to stop. If it played like that throughout the whole game it would be great.

I play as either a LB or S, and yet my line was just too strong against the run. There were a number of in game injuries, none lasted beyond the game.

Overall the gameplay was very good. I saw weak tackles get blown past by really good DEs and at other times they were able to hold there own. Line play was very good for the most part on both sides. WR/DB interaction was very good as well. At times coverage was tight and others, if given time in the pocket, receivers were able to get separation. Zone play, especially the safeties, continues to be an issue. All too often players stay in their zone even when there are no receivers on their side of the field and safeties drop back far too deep. I don't think this is something we can fix on our end. The biggest issue for me is the QB decision making. If we can get them to read the field better and truly look for the open receiver, then we really have something.

All in all, very good.
I didn't know dad was 80% by halftime

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-02-2018, 06:06 PM   #487
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
So does this mean that the core gameplay sliders are actually 75 at "default"?

As in: "the value (75) behind the value (50)?

I have to admit, I've never tried "All 75"...

Has anyone else?

Intriguing, if I'm interpreting this correctly...
I decided to try "All 75" and it played very well, had a great game. Came down to the end, game winning drive. If anyone is interested here's some stats. Definitely going to try this "All 75" set up more after this game.

Lions at Bucs (me)

28-24 Final

Detroit / Tampa

Total O - 337 / 363
Rush Yds - 76 / 92
Pass Yds - 261 / 271
First Downs - 15 / 11
Turnovers - 1 / 0
Sacks - 2 / 1
Penalties - 3-15 / 5-30

Stafford 22-33 66% 269 Yds 2 TDs 1 Int
Winston 14-22 63% 271 Yds 3 TDs 0 Int
Old 09-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #488
Rookie

BVBCowboy's Arena

Has anyone used these sliders with the edited rosters from TFG (The Franchise Guy) on Xbox?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »