Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #721
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Hi Josh, yeah, you got the point here: IMHO there's really no way to play such a low threshold at All Madden, separation is just too big. Even at 74 man coverage is completely gone, no matter the DB ratings, I'm talking about 5 yards separation after any play action, which means 99,9% completion.

So, I'm afraid I sadly have to give up for the moment.
I'm confident they'll release another patch pretty soon, so maybe I'll go on with my franchise then.
Or switch to a more stable and reliable game.

Tnx a lot anyhow, I know how hard it is to test these kind of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #722
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
Hi Josh, yeah, you got the point here: IMHO there's really no way to play such a low threshold at All Madden, separation is just too big. Even at 74 man coverage is completely gone, no matter the DB ratings, I'm talking about 5 yards separation after any play action, which means 99,9% completion.

So, I'm afraid I sadly have to give up for the moment.
I'm confident they'll release another patch pretty soon, so maybe I'll go on with my franchise then.
Or switch to a more stable and reliable game.

Tnx a lot anyhow, I know how hard it is to test these kind of things.

Tizzi...seriously give this a shot on All Pro (even if you start a second franchise). I know you switched over to AM, but I’m definitely fearing the CPU a lot more than I had been before. You might be surprised.

I can also 100% understand why the lower thresh would be a mess on All Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #723
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Tizzi...seriously give this a shot on All Pro (even if you start a second franchise). I know you switched over to AM, but I’m definitely fearing the CPU a lot more than I had been before. You might be surprised.

I can also 100% understand why the lower thresh would be a mess on All Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

That's the point: I have to start a new franchise, stop playing man coverage, don't overplay toss, don't overplay fade, don't blitz too much, be careful in using coach adjustments... And after two seasons my team is overpowered even doing nothing special on the management side.
This year there isn't even a team in the NFL that's bad enough to be a challenge to bring it to the superbowl.

Too much for me.

Sorry Josh, I really appreciate your work and the passion you put on it, but I just want the game to go back to prepatch.
Or day one, which was far better than it is now.
Unfortunately, as expected, just bringing the threshold to 75 doesn't turn everything back.

I'll probably give a shot to some head to head online, so maybe I can understand what's the point there and if at least that type of playing is doing well.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #724
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
That's the point: I have to start a new franchise, stop playing man coverage, don't overplay toss, don't overplay fade, don't blitz too much, be careful in using coach adjustments... And after two seasons my team is overpowered even doing nothing special on the management side.
This year there isn't even a team in the NFL that's bad enough to be a challenge to bring it to the superbowl.

Too much for me.

Sorry Josh, I really appreciate your work and the passion you put on it, but I just want the game to go back to prepatch.
Or day one, which was far better than it is now.
Unfortunately, as expected, just bringing the threshold to 75 doesn't turn everything back.

I'll probably give a shot to some head to head online, so maybe I can understand what's the point there and if at least that type of playing is doing well.
Best of luck to you! I appreciate all of the ideas you've been providing me with both via PM and here in the thread.

BUT....I DO hope you will give this set a shot at some point. All of those "restrictions" you mentioned above, I place NONE of them on myself when playing (other than not over-blitzing - which is a "play sim" thing, just like not spamming "YouTube plays").
Old 10-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #725
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Streaming on Twitch, beginning Week 1 as the Bills.https://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #726
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

thank you Josh ! for bringing new life to the game (as always)! almost decided to hang it up till next year...

Last edited by PotterB33; 10-22-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #727
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
thank you Josh ! for bringing new life to the game (as always)! almost decided to hang it up till next year...
Well thanks for joining-in on the stream last night!

I nearly pushed the game aside myself until the patch forced me to really look at thresh (something I have been quite hesitant to do in the past). The process really taught me a lot about what to look for with this setting to really optimize the game; something I plan on exploiting more frequently down the road.

That said, this is easily the best the game has played all year. I'm really happy and excited with how the gameplay unfolds with this new setup. There is just a really good mix of outcomes. The CPU can both run and pass effectively, they can stop you on defense and punish poor decisions, and we have a good number/variety of both penalties and injuries.

(If anyone is interested in watching last night's stream, it should be archived on my Twitch page...it was a barn-burner for sure!)
Old 10-23-2018, 01:45 PM   #728
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well thanks for joining-in on the stream last night!

I nearly pushed the game aside myself until the patch forced me to really look at thresh (something I have been quite hesitant to do in the past). The process really taught me a lot about what to look for with this setting to really optimize the game; something I plan on exploiting more frequently down the road.

That said, this is easily the best the game has played all year. I'm really happy and excited with how the gameplay unfolds with this new setup. There is just a really good mix of outcomes. The CPU can both run and pass effectively, they can stop you on defense and punish poor decisions, and we have a good number/variety of both penalties and injuries.

(If anyone is interested in watching last night's stream, it should be archived on my Twitch page...it was a barn-burner for sure!)
Bills got smacked in real life verse ravens... Is user impact consistently that apparent with lesser teams or was it an anomoly and ending up with between 3-7 wins and a real possibility?? Obviously bummy teams can have good weeks.. Bills smacked vikings... But overall.. How consistent is it.. For either side of the spectrum?

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »