Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #1697
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

https://clips.twitch.tv/FineHardTubersSquadGoals

PERFECT EXAMPLE of the overthrows i have been seeing... i get 3-5 a game and my QB's accuracy is around 90 in all categories

edit: it's almost necessary though because the rest of the game i went 16 for 24 with 4 TD 0 INT with a 139 QBR and won 28-14

Last edited by neotokyo; 11-24-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #1698
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotokyo
https://clips.twitch.tv/FineHardTubersSquadGoals

PERFECT EXAMPLE of the overthrows i have been seeing... i get 3-5 a game and my QB's accuracy is around 90 in all categories
I have those to with my QB with short and mid throws in the high and mid 80's. I like it. Sometimes an occasional awful throw.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #1699
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Update to version 18 tonight. Shortly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #1700
Rookie

yeah, i edited to say it's almost necessary because the rest of the game i went 16 for 24 with 4 TD 0 INT with a 139 QBR and won 28-14. defense really stepped it up in the second half
Old 11-25-2018, 10:00 AM   #1701
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Update to version 18 tonight. Shortly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Sorry for the delay. Posting Version 18 now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #1702
Rookie

Can not wait to see what you have cooked up this time Matt
Old 11-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #1703
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Slider Update Log

11/25/18 - Here is Version 18.

It's been a solid month since the last update on the sliders, and that's mainly because the patch updates have not resulted in needing to modify anything on my end. Have to give EA credit for this as the game has continued to improve. Of course, there are just a couple things that needed to be addressed, in particular to the following:

- User run game - a bit too easy post patch

- CPU receivers - hardly ever dropped the ball

- CPU running backs - hitting holes, but too many spins at times

Seeing how most of the values were changed from Version 17 to 18, I will go ahead and just post the slider set in full, and indicate what has, or hasn't, been changed from the previous version.

Hope you guys enjoy. Here's Version 18.
*Note, there are no changes to Special Teams or Penalty slider values.*

Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also, please include if you are providing feedback on All-Madden or All-Pro. Thank you!

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)

Auto-subs: Default

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: Off

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Game Options

Injuries: 13
• Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 50
• With the patch update, the 50 fatigue is perfect now. The stamina gauge doesn't deplete with the slow down animation anymore, so I'm much happier with seeing this to come back up.

Min Player Threshold: 50
Version 18: Needed to tighten things up just a tad in the run game. Thought I could lower it to "loosen" the players from eachother, but that was too much of a sacrifice to the passing game, making it too wide open.

Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V18" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V18" (pending, hosted by Escobar)

QB Accuracy: 40/40 All-Pro (40/35 All Madden)
• The lowest QBA I've had it this entire thread, and simply I wanted better ball physics and variety from the QBs. I think NFL QBs take less chances down field, so check downs need to be contextual, and when they do take shots deep, it's not inch-perfect from a sub 80 deep throw QB. I also want their decision making in the pocket to be important because post patch the pass blocking values are going to make a big difference. *The CPU QB is a bit too automatic on All-Madden, which is why this was lowered. If you go under 35, it seems the QBs start to instantly try to get out of the pocket, and also noticed some weird animations where the QB is looking to the sidelines as they're being pressured, instead of staying downfield or looking to extend the play.*

Pass Blocking: 32/32
Version 18: The passing needed some disruption because the QB decision making was just too good sometimes, regardless of ratings. Needed to force them to be at the mercy of their offensive line, and feel this drop has significantly helped. Playaction passes are naturally difficult to pull off as they should be, but can be rewarding when the defenders bite - which seems to be pretty common in Madden, albeit a bit robotic sometimes.

WR Catch: 45/45
Version 18: Dropped this to ensure that there are more realistic looking drops, not just from hits, but also from a receiver trying to run before securing the pass. With coverage fairly tight, I wanted there to be some significant risk/reward for the QB throwing into tight windows.

Run Blocking: 50/50
Version 18: Dropped this one because the running has been much improved post-patch. No need for any advantages to the CPU any longer.

Fumbles: 50/50
Version 18: Dropped this value down again to ensure there are no unecessary jukes/spins, etc, that are not contextual to the play. I did play around with this under 50, but the fumbles are too automatic when sacking the QB or a hard WWE style hit.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 30/30
Version 18: Needed to drop this down to get a quicker reaction from the defenders. Saw a tad bit of stopping first before breaking to get the ball. Don't want it to go too low though as that can create the psychic DB play.

Interceptions: 35/35
• Dropped this one a bit from 40 because defenders were choosing the intercept animation instead of deflecting passes.

Pass Coverage: 30/30
Version 18: Dropped this one just a tad to allow less stop on routes by the DBs/LBs. Had this even lower (20) at one point, but that hurt the CPU QB's decision making.

Tackling: 48/48
Version 18: Too many broken tackles and poor pursuit angles with it under 40...unfortunately, as I love that value so much more. However, this update has less WWE hits, and more wrap up tackles, so I'm okay with this adjustment. It will also help the user's run game, as the LBs take better angles throughout.

Special Teams

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/50
Version 18: Bumped this up for the CPU because seen 90+ kpw kickers come up well short and bar level, just wasn't realistic. Kept the FG power because still need that oomph.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 46/46
Version 18: Dropped this one down a bit, too many perfect bouncing punts that just stop dead or bounce sideways inside the 10.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON
• As I said, I have enjoyed modifying the gameplay by using the power of the penalty sliders with a zero threshold, but that became a bit of a balancing act that got a bit over my head and patience. It skewed feedback because not only was I relying on feedback of the gameplay sliders, I also needed to receive confirmation that the penalty values were also adhered to. This became a sense of second guessing and inconsistency as a result. I believe having these as default are good for the set, but definitely adjust them as you see fit.

Last edited by Matt10; 11-25-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #1704
Rookie

there can't be separate values for USer and CPU FG accuracy -- also punt accuracy value didn't change but you wrote that you lowered it, and the opposite for punt power, you didn't say you changed it but it went down 2

appreciate the time you put into tweaking these because i probably don't know what i'm doing in the grand scheme of things

Last edited by neotokyo; 11-25-2018 at 12:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »