Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2019, 11:15 PM   #137
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

We potentially have some pretty HUGE changes forthcoming. The set on the OP worked amazing for me OOTB V 1.00, but hasn't been working right for me of recent. I can't explain it. I do believe there are tuning updates that alter things behind the scenes... soft patches if you will.

I hit on a few things tonight... almost close enough to roll with franchise for good.

I will archive the current OP set for those of you that are enjoying that.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 08-06-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #138
Banned

Does anyone know if the deveolpmental increases because I know that it doesn't drop? I can't find any information regarding this topic.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:07 PM   #139
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Does anyone know if the deveolpmental increases because I know that it doesn't drop? I can't find any information regarding this topic.
I'm pretty sure that it does... but don't quote me on that (unless I'm right).

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 08-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #140
Gaming Avenger

Ok... made significant progress tonight on what I was looking for. Thanks to JoshC1977, Demented, and MvPeterson2828 for tuning in to the test. It's always helpful to have extra sets of eyes. I also have to give a shout out to Milticket, just because. He always has an idea or two to get my head in the right direction. I appreciate you brother. I will update the OP tomorrow with the redesigned set that I will be using for the duration of this cycle. For the most part, it will be patch proof. Obviously, nothing with Madden is every foolproof, but I'm confident that we're in good shape here.

It's franchise time!

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 08-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #141
Gaming Avenger

Update to the set on the OP.

We are still looking at a couple of things before we lock this down.

I'm going to walk DPI back down to somewhere in the 55-60 range. DPI serves as a coverage enhancer or detractor, depending on which way you take it. I do feel we need a bit more coverage at this point. But, I don't want to drop it too much as this will have an effect on the user as well. We may wind up at any combination of 55 / 55, 55 / 57, 60 / 58. It's an extremely fine line, but I do believe the balance is there...

...Which brings me to my next point. As we finalize the DPI slider, I have to recognize that QB play by the CPU is a bit off at the moment, and will need to be patched. Sliders and settings only serve as a band-aid. If the QB perceives too much defense, they begin to collapse and/or go into ultra conservative mode. I saw a nice balance with CPU QBA and PBK both on 10, though I am going to look at raising QBA up to 13 for the CPU. I think we're good here... but I do have one more potential band-aid up my sleeve if I don't feel satisfied with a slight reduction in DPI. If necessary, I am going to consider raising the AWR ratings of the the CPU QBs on a game-by-game basis. This may very well become necessary until a patch is released. If so, it's not all that daunting of a task.

Another note: I was testing the prior set, along with this revamped set and I was only seeing pass plays called by the CPU. I was at a total loss. I decided to turn the accel clock back on, and boom - a nice variety of runs and passes were being called. There are still too may pass plays called by the CPU as a whole, but some of that is now engrained in Madden. It's a pass heavy league - welcome to the modern NFL. The downside to the accel clock being on, is that play becomes a bit too juiced on AM. I began walking back the sliders that we have been and are tweaking to find a happy medium. While it's not perfect, it's close.

For purposes of simplicity, I have decided to isolate my slider alterations to the following for the duration of this cycle: QBA, RBK, and PBK for both user and CPU, along with DPI. This will help us tremendously as we battle through the patches. The less the you have to look at, the better. The less you distress, the better. The less... you get the idea. I'm not touching defense this year outside of DPI, which I'm using purely as an extra wrench turn or two to the set. I am more than open to looking at other sliders or settings if anyone has any good ideas, though I'm trying to avoid getting too far off the beaten path. Please feel free to share here, via the forum or PM, on Twitch, YouTube or Twitter.

If anyone needs the prior set, please PM me.

Franchise starting tomorrow or this weekend!

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 08-07-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #142
Rookie

Anyone having an absurd amount of fumbles ?? I’m getting 4-6 fumbles a game 3 coming from starting running back. 7 games in and kerryon Johnson has 16 fumbles ?? Don’t even wanna play anymore and he only has 160 carries.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:24 AM   #143
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylej003
Anyone having an absurd amount of fumbles ?? I’m getting 4-6 fumbles a game 3 coming from starting running back. 7 games in and kerryon Johnson has 16 fumbles ?? Don’t even wanna play anymore and he only has 160 carries.
Fumbles might be a tad on the high side, due to the OP hits we get from juiced defenders. That said, gone are the days when you can go an entire game without hitting the cover the ball button. This is a must in Madden 20... it's also a must IRL. Learn to cover the ball. Learn to avoid certain defenders (know your surroundings). Learn to know how to give yourself up on a play as well. All of these are now crucial, adding another element to the game.

I would be surprised if EA doesn't down tune fumbles / mega hits a bit with a patch. Hopefully, they don't go too far in the other direction.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 08-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #144
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylej003
Actually... make sure you turn on the man downfield penalty in your CFM game*. That will make a signifiant difference. The other night I had 8 or 9 fumbles bc I forgot to turn it off. I'm playing week 1 of my franchise right now - not one fumble (under one minute left in the first half).

*Credit to Josh on that find.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »