Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #377
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

I take everything Mike Florio says with a grain of salt. Fact checking and accuracy aren't staples of his writings.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:47 AM   #378
Banned

OVR: 28

Let's not kid ourselves. Had he said madden is an amazing representation of the NFL, our usuals who liked the posts bashing him would suddenly be singing his praises.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:29 AM   #379
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I got to watching the 3:30 soapbox spiel and I am content to takeaway that he is merely doing this as a publicity stunt for his own personal gain through media attention - to what end it will achieve: I have no idea but I imagine the very Madden Cover Vote tournament he, Mike Florio, lamented over does more for EA's positive publicity than his soapbox spiel does for their negative publicity.

What I will do however to spread the word is share his video link on the EA Twitter pages - what say you EA?
what he said is not too far off from what many of the sim community is saying. The game isn't that good and not a representative of NFL football other than there are players, the teams, the logos and the rules.

PUblicity stunt or not, doesnt matter, just read this website and you will see the same thing people are saying on this forum. The game sucks, no competition resulting in a subpar game with lack of improvements to make a real representation of a football game.

Instead, we have a game that enables zig zagging, warping, stupid defense, canned animation, no gang tackling, and gimmicky features. Yes, these things are whined about by everyone pretty much every year and yet we are still whining about it.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #380
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't know much about Florio, so, I started reading the comments about him on that site that was linked.

I formed an opinion based on those comments.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #381
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
People that think 2K is better than the current Madden prove just how truly powerful nostalgia really is...
Nostalgia is quite selective as I was a Madden gamer way before I was a 2K gamer.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #382
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I was amazed that a Tiburon producer actually could see the light here, and that he realized that Tiburon had gone completely down the drain with their flagship franchise at this time. There are also direct quotes in there from Larry Probst talking about acquiring exclusives for all other football avenues to prevent any threat from take 2 whatsoever. Those of you who believe this was not a calculated move are wrong.
It's hard for a lot of people to believe conspiracies happen. So they look for every reason to not believe it, even when the proof is in writing.

I'm glad people are starting to read this stuff. The media has done a poor job of exposing it.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #383
Rookie

OVR: 4

Florio just put it in text this morning on PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...le-more-years/

Old 06-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #384
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
People that think 2K is better than the current Madden prove just how truly powerful nostalgia really is...
It's not nostalgia when you can boot up 2K5 today and show, side-by-side, clear examples and demonstrations of how much better 2K5 is at the fundamental game of football than the current release of Madden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »