Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #393
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

2k5 on the field I think is more debatable if Madden has surpassed it or not. APF 2k8 I still don't think Madden is close.

Personally idk why anyone would feel "cool" hating on Madden.

Personally, I think people just have to realize alot of people that have complaints about Madden understand it's a "video game", lol. We just know that other "video games" have had things that Madden has yet to add, and things that Madden still does not do adequately on the field. A majority of people aren't asking for unreasonable requests from the Tiburon team. Maybe they are unreasonable for the talent level at EA/Tiburon.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-21-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #394
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
2k5 on the field I think is more debatable if Madden has surpassed it or not. APF 2k8 I still don't think Madden is close.

Personally idk why anyone would feel "cool" hating on Madden.

Personally, I think people just have to personally realize alot of people that have complaints about Madden understand it's a "video game", lol. We just know that other "video games" have had things that Madden has yet to add, and things that Madden still does not do adequately on the field. A majority of people aren't asking for unreasonable requests from the Tiburon team. Maybe they are unreasonable for the talent level at EA/Tiburon.
This ^^^. I challenge anyone to this:

let's say you bought a car in 2001 - brand new. It had power windows, locks, mirrors, steering, ABS, leather and a 10 disc changer with MP3 aux support and it cost you 25k. Fast forward to 2010. The same car comes out with a new model for that year. This model does not have power windows, locks, mirrors, or ABS - but it does have power steering. The cost of this new car is 30k. You mean to tell me that you are going to happily buy that new car, which basically goes backwards and has less than what you had 10 years prior AND costs more money? Are you really going to tell your wife, "it's ok hon, they tried really hard in making this car. I realize the brakes don't work as well, there are no power locks, mirrors or ABS, and it has a much lower quality sound system, but you know, they tried really hard in making the car. Let's buy it anyway."

There is a difference between being a person who is just wanting to hate EA/Madden and being a sensible consumer who doesn't want to be raked over the coals on a yearly basis. EA and the NFL are the ones who decided to make this bed of exclusivity, NOT the consumer. Take away choice and product quality levels, and this is what you will get for the foreseeable future. The majority of the "complaints" are warranted, and no reasonable person is asking for the moon. I just want AT LEAST what I had 10 years ago on and off the field. Right now I still have neither.

Undeniably, progress is being made. The game is no longer "terrible". However, that doesn't cut it. As a consumer, I don't care about past development errors, leadership changes, internal strife, financial burdens and other nonsense that is on the shoulders of Tiburon. Don't care, don't want to hear it, don't need to hear it. The progress is still insanely slow and the implementations are still relatively poor. Things do not work nearly as well as they should. The CFM mode is incredibly underwhelming, and does not replicate much of what team management is like. Madden's franchise mode from 10 years earlier is FAR better, and the insanely awesome weekly prep that was done in 2k's franchise mode was great. These were things modeled after real life, not some crazy, invented idea that came out of someone's head that probably doesn't even watch or follow NFL football.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 06-20-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #395
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76

let's say you bought a car in 2001 - brand new. It had power windows, locks, mirrors, steering, ABS, leather and a 10 disc changer with MP3 aux support and it cost you 25k. Fast forward to 2010. The same car comes out with a new model for that year. This model does not have power windows, locks, mirrors, or ABS - but it does have power steering. The cost of this new car is 30k. You mean to tell me that you are going to happily buy that new car, which basically goes backwards and has less than what you had 10 years prior AND costs more money? Are you really going to tell your wife, "it's ok hon, they tried really hard in making this car. I realize the brakes don't work as well, there are no power locks, mirrors or ABS, and it has a much lower quality sound system, but you know, they tried really hard in making the car. Let's buy it anyway."

There is a difference between being a person who is just wanting to hate EA/Madden and being a sensible consumer who doesn't want to be raked over the coals on a yearly basis. EA and the NFL are the ones who decided to make this bed of exclusivity, NOT the consumer. Take away choice and product quality levels, and this is what you will get for the foreseeable future. The majority of the "complaints" are warranted, and no reasonable person is asking for the moon. I just want AT LEAST what I had 10 years ago on and off the field. Right now I still have neither.

Undeniably, progress is being made. The game is no longer "terrible". However, that doesn't cut it. As a consumer, I don't care about past development errors, leadership changes, internal strife, financial burdens and other nonsense that is on the shoulders of Tiburon. Don't care, don't want to hear it, don't need to hear it. The progress is still insanely slow and the implementations are still relatively poor. Things do not work nearly as well as they should. The CFM mode is incredibly underwhelming, and does not replicate much of what team management is like. Madden's franchise mode from 10 years earlier is FAR better, and the insanely awesome weekly prep that was done in 2k's franchise mode was great. These were things modeled after real life, not some crazy, invented idea that came out of someone's head that probably doesn't even watch or follow NFL football.

Awesome post. I'm with you on all counts .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #396
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76

Sir I would say until you guys collectively stop supporting this series completely this will continue year after year. Sure they have the license for 2 more years but then what? They'll just pony up more cash and do it all over again.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #397
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Somehow the likelihood of getting to play a new NFL-licensed 2K game is beginning to feel eerily similar to being an Eagles fan and getting a Superbowl win -- year after year, you have faith...but then it just never happens
Old 06-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #398
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Somehow the likelihood of getting to play a new NFL-licensed 2K game is beginning to feel eerily similar to being an Eagles fan and getting a Superbowl win -- year after year, you have faith...but then it just never happens
Or like being a Bills fan and earning a playoff birth.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #399
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm going to keep buying Madden but I do hope 2K somehow comes back, competition is great for gamers no matter what game you enjoy. Madden was always best when it was heavily challenged.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #400
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2

Yawn. No wonder why the Madden games are still boring as hell. There needs to be competition. I miss the competition and the style of 2K's NFL games. This is lame...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »